October 24, 2014 | 1540 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Mariah Carey - Forever

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by claregriffin

I found this in TK Max on sale so bought a huge bottle after initially smelling it whilst on holiday. I like the other Mariah Carey fragrances so thought it would be a good buy. The scent is very feminine, floral with a twangy after scent of musk and if you are quite liberal with the product it does tend to have quite good silage. I must admit to being a little disappointed as I thought I would get lots of compliments whilst wearing it but so far haven't. I do wear this to work and get whiffs of it throughout the day which is really nice. The bottle itself is awful, this massively tall stopper and the bottle is too wide and knobbly. All in all though its a pleasant perfume but nothing memorable, I probably wouldn't buy another bottle unless it was really cheap. Its not an expensive smelling perfume and is just great for day to day use.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a present and I don't really like it. I usually like musky fragrances but this has nothing special to it. Its not something I can smell and be impressed by. I do have to say it lasts nicely throughout the day. The scent just isn't that unique in my experience.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This is different from the other Mariah Carey fragrances I have used in that it is quite strong. Her usual fragrances are light and fruity, but this dries down to a deep musky, woody smell on me which I don't like. Initially though, this is pleasant, floral and feminine although almost instantly forgettable. It doesn't last long on me, but I find that a lot with 'celebrity' fragrances. I wouldn't buy this again as it just isn't unique enough for me to remember it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by trcunning

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very feminine and floral (Gardinia) with a powdery sweetness. I like the bottle but hate the lid, makes it look like a nail polish bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 3:58:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is quite a strong floral fragrance. It's a big change from the sugary sweet perfumes that Mariah previously released. On my skin, I smell the gardenia notes which are quite strong. It dies down to a soft musky aromatic combo with spicy notes on me. It reminded me of Kim Kardashian's perfume which I hated so much, but Mariah's is slightly better. Also, if you liked Kim's fragrance and Michael Kors (Very Hollywood?), this is on a similar sort of note. Not the kind of scent I would go for, but it does have great lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 More reviews by dioraddict84

Out of all of Mariah's fragrances, I like this one best. I find her others to be really sweet, but this is a nice floral that is not overpowering. The bottle is cool too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I have been using this since Christmas and I really do love it. I am use to paying hundreds of dollars for a really great scent, so when I seen how little this was for the quality of the ingredients, I went out and bought the biggest bottle I could find. What a great value it is! The fragrance is so wonderfully lady like on me. It is not offensive in the least. It is a very lovely aroma of gardenia & tuberose on myself. I wish I could explain scents like some of the reviewers on here but I am not that gifted. ;-) I only know if something smells really good on myself or not. This fragrance is not a real powerful scent even upon the first spray, but it does linger a very long time on me. I don't like spraying my clothes so if it does not smell good on my skin, well I have no use for it.
The first thing I like to do when I get a new fragrance is wear it to bed in a clean pair of pajamas. When I wake up the next morning, I can always tell if the ingredients are well mixed by how the fragrance has settled over the night.
This perfume is wonderful and deserves more attention in Mariah's fragrance line-up.
The bottle is beautiful, no other way to describe it. It is futuristic in it's towering design, and even though it is made of some kind of clear plastic, it appears to be crystal. It catches the lights from my vanity and just looks so lovely.
I will be looking for more of Mariah's perfumes very soon. I got a chance to smell lollipop today and it is dreamy too. I just need a sample to see how it sets with my body chemistry before I purchase it. Mariah's collections are all very inexpensive compared to most of my other choices of fragrance. To me this is a real treat! I can grab it and use it as often as I want to, and not have to feel guilty about using up something that cost way more.
Buy this one for yourself if you find it delightful like I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I find this to be a very delicate, light scent. I do not smell all the florals that some speak about. It is a hard one to describe though. At first spray it is kind of sweet maybe with a touch of gardenia, when it wears for a while, it settles into a bit of a vanilla on me with hints of the gardenia rising too.
I find the perfume is not as strong as the parfum spray for some reason. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around? I got two small bottles, and a small lotion as a gift. The smallest bottle being the real perfume and the larger being the parum spray. The spray is much more vibrant and I love it. The perfume is almost too light to notice. The lotion is heavenly to say the least. I do not think I have ever smelled a lotion that was so close to the actual smell of the fragrance as this is.
I wish I could do a better job at describing this scent for you all, but I do love a good perfume, and I find this one to be of really good quality. It still smells great even if I wear it over night to bed! This has always been my clue that the ingredients are from good sources, and the blending was done with care about what the end results are.
The bottles are amazing! So beautiful for the price! Now I want the larger bottle to finish out the ensemble for my dresser. ;-) They looks like crystal prism towers on the top, & I believe the bottoms are actual glass. Very sleek, & very futuristic design in mind here.
I will be buying this again in a larger bottle, and now I want to try some of Mariah's other scents as well. Who would have guessed she would have okayed such a wonderful, ladylike perfume. Unlike some of the other stars who I think just slams their name on any scent the makers come up with. This Forever scent smells and feels as though someone actually thought long and hard about the fragrance itself and the opinions of the buyers and their attitude of the Star who enlisted her name on it.
This is a great everyday perfume.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by IcedMocha24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's too flowery for my tastes and I had to wash it off my wrist because I couldn't stand it. It was too strong of a scent on me. I'd compare it to Clinique's Happy, but it's not exactly the same. I expected it to be more fruity with a light mix of floral but it wasn't. I thought I would love it since I love her other perfumes. This one is a more mature scent that you wouldn't expect from Mariah Carey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not a fan of tuberose; I find it overpowering and I nearly always suffer from a headache when I wear it. So it's recently become a challenge to myself to find a wearable tuberose-based fragrance. FOREVER has a fruity opening, so I tried that first as I thought that the fruit notes would freshen and lighten up the florals.

I was right about that; the opening of fresh, life-like lotus and juicy, slightly sweet, yet tart apple notes is gorgeous. It's both energizing and fresh whilst being understated and feminine.

And when the tuberose note does develop, it still seems fresh and juicy. I can also detect the gardenia, but I'm sure there's another fruity note hidden there too; it's hinted at, but is too subtle for me to separate. Maybe they added more apple notes?

I was loving FOREVER until it burnt through to the flat base, I found it very disappointing. Whist the musk does continue the freshness to the fragrance going, it also overtakes the mix of woods. I get a slight note of sandalwood, but that's it. I thought it was a let-down.

Scent notes: Neroli, lotus, green apple, tuberose, gardenia, white musk and exotic wood.

I think the clear bottle meant to resemble an uncut diamond. It's unique and eye-catching. However I don't like the cap, which is taller than the bottle itself.

It's a light fragrance considering it's a white floral, so the lasting power reflects that. It burns down within four hours. Not great, but it seems average for modern fragrances.

I felt totally let down by this one. The sweet/sour fruits and the fresh florals are surprisingly complex yet subtle, at least they were until the musk came along and white washed over everything. If you happen to be a fan of musk I'd highly recommend this to you, but for myself this is a no-go.

If your planning to buy someone a fragrance for Christmas I think this a good bet. It's fresh but slightly sweet, isn't too strong and is quite inexpensive for a EDP.

Are you a fan or Michael Kors Very Hollywood EDP? Here's a more purse friendly version.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No