October 20, 2014 | 862 users online

Makeup Brushes - Lancome - Blending Shadow Brush #17

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this brush on eBay when I was new to upping my makeup game and wanted a crease brush because to blend out my eyeshadow. I got a silver handled one and its...okay. The bristles are a bit scratchy though I've had it for almost 1.5 years and wash it weekly. Also, the hairs are long and come to a point (not unlike the tip of a ponytail) that makes it hard to do anything but blend out existing eyeshadow. This is not a brush I'd use for placement.

Eventually, I upgraded to a MAC 219 but find that the shape and use of them are different so there's really no comparison. I don't mind this brush since I use it daily to buff out my crease colors or edges and it does a good job of that. However, it's not something I'd buy again knowing more about what I am looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

This is a wonderful, super soft brush. It's very long and pointy for a crease brush - longer than the 222 even, and pointier than the 226. Even though it's quite large, it's pointed enough that I can use it to place colour, as well as blend it. Versatile and well-constructed, you can't go wrong with this if you're looking for a crease brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by LOLx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a pointed blending brush. I got this brush on ebay for less than 10 bucks, and I don't think it's worth it's retail price.

For blending brushes, I expect them to be extremely soft since the blending motion can be too rough for the delicate eyelids if the brush is scratchy. The first thing I noticed about this brush when I got it was that it's a little scratchy, even after I washed it. It's not terrible, but it's noticeable. It also sheds a hair or two once in a while.

I said I will repurchase because it's handy to have more pointed blending brushes, like this one. But I don't think it's worth the full price due to the quality of the hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Upset

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it. The tip of the brush is perfect for adding a deeper colour onto the crease or beneath the lash line and for more "pin pointed" applications, the rest of the brush is perfection for blending or using for a wash of colour onto lids. It's so soft too. Great brush. Would love to also purchase the #1 powder brush before surrendering to the famous Hakuhodo brushes. (I also have #7 from Lancome, the cheek brush which is lovely also). Purchased from strawberrynet at 20.00AUS$.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by yoitzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I got a bad brush. In comparison to everyone else's glowing reviews, I got a brush that was not only had frayed hairs it was scratchy to use. I have very sensitive eyelids and when I saw these on ebay for extremely cheap (in comparison to the original price) I snagged two of them. I'm using both and one of them is ok, not too scratchy, not as many runaway hairs but the other one is quite painful to use. I thought I was being overly sensitive so I tried it out on a friend but she complained as well. I ended up throwing it out. That's the risk about buying online though isn't it? You can't check out the quality yourself before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by fromsmithwlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My number one blending brush. The Lancome 17 blender brush is one of my go-to daily staples. The construction is very sturdy, and the all-natural bristles work wonders. It's one of the bigger blending brushes I've used, but it's very nicely tapered, so it can still be used quite precisely. It's very soft, but still very firm. I use this for overall blending as well as for placing highlight colors. Overall a great purchase; if I ever lost this one I'd have to buy another immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at the CCO 2 for $10, I was looking for something else and stumbled upon this, honestly I don't really know what I did before I found this brush. It blends nicely and isn't scratchy, I have had this for a while now and after many washes it still does the job nicely. The only bad thing is that I didn't purchase another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by scrappymamas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great blending brush i don't even know how i lived so long without it..hehe it helps me easily blend the outer corners of my eyeshadow so effortlessly. Amazing brush super soft a must have! I'm so happy I got this brush:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brush in a lot of 2 brushes for under $10 from ebay (the regular price of this brush is $27.00 each). Upon opening the package and looking at the brushes for the first time, I thought that maybe I had been hoodwinked since the brushes were already kind of frayed, but to my surprised the brushes were super soft and did not feel spikey, scratchy or pokey. After several weeks of using and washing these brushes, I can honestly say that they are wonderful blending brushes for they apply & blend contour eyeshadows effortlessly and gives a nice definition to my crease. This brush is the long haired version of MAC's 226 and I love using it to apply powder to set my under concealer as well as for applying/blending my eyeshadows.

I would highly recommend this brush as an addition to anyone's makeup collection, and if you are inclined to purchase it, I would suggest you do so from ebay because who doesn't like a bargain.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No