July 24, 2014 | 1791 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Checks and Balances

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this around December time when my skin was more on the combo/oily side. You get a good amount of product for the price ($29 from Kit, which is quite reasonable by Australian standards) and 1 tube lasted me around 4 months with twice daily use.
This really is a frothy face wash! It lathers really well which is great if you have oily skin, it really breaks the oil and dirt down and it leaves you feeling squaky clean and fresh. I also love the spearmint scent as well, it's really refreshing! I did find this too drying in the winter when my skin is a bit more dehydrated but for summer time this was great. Didn't irritate my skin or cause any redness. There's no reason why I wouldn't buy this again come next summer, but knowing me I will want to try something different because I can't help myself. Definitely give this a go if you are looking for a basic, no frills cleanser which will keep combination skin in check.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by vsolis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Makes you feels squeaky clean! I wear a lot of makeup and this takes everything off. In the winter it doesn't dry out my skin. I use it with my Clarisonic!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Laughgeo

The smell is really refreshing and I love the consistancy of this cleanser. But I don't enjoy the feeling of my skin after I use it, it is tight. It claims all this stuff but it doesn't seem to control the oil on my face or balance dry patches. There are better cleansers out there with the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this face wash more than I ever thought I would. It has a refreshing quality when applied and it forms a beautiful frothy texture that covers the face easily. I don't think it did any miracles, but my skin (typically combo/oily) felt soothed and has never acted up since I began using this.

Lastly, a little of this wash goes a long way and I think it is a great value. I find that I only need a pea sized amount (or less) for each use so my bottle has lasted me over 6 months and I still have quite a bit more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good face wash! My skin is pretty normal, but before using this face wash I used cleansers suited on more sensitive skin, and when I changed to this cleanser my skin did tingle a bit. So it might not be for those who have sensitive skin.
I like the fact that Origins make simple products with natural ingredients.
It is like a pearly toothpaste that you mix with water in your hands to create a froth. It has a slight minty smell. It feels refreshing and I think it cleanse pretty well. Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Zuppaholic

I love this cleanser. It works perfectly with my clarisonic mia! I have the combination and acne-prone skin and it doesn't make me breakouts.. I love the squeaky clean feeling after i use this products! Definitely will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by calles2

This is my favorite cleanser for my oily/combo skin. It makes my skin feel smooth and oil free. I use it with my clarisonic regularly. I have noticed a huge difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Callmecorrina

Love love love! The most simple, yet effective face wash I have tried! Because I'm all about simple, more natural products, I stirred away from sephora brands thinking they didn't have brands specializing in natural products..silly me. I stuck to lush & the face shop and shops along those lines but my skin eventually got used to their products and I couldn't control my breakouts! I don't have sensitive or acne prone skin & I have combination skin. I knew I had to try origins because they're all about more simple, mostly natural ingredients and my skin loved it! I use this everyday & along with the charcoal mask that I use twice a week. The cleanser alone I saw immediate results in 3 days. My redness and irritation was going down & my skin was softer and looked healthier. However I must say it didn't do much in controlling my oiliness, but did help soothe my dry patches. I don't have any problems with this cleanser although it's only been two months, I hope my skin doesn't get used to it and stop working. The only con is the price..most expensive cleanser I have bought up to date (especially for a university student). I have yet to find a foaming cleanser that does a job like this, I find foam cleansers really "bla", they seem to just cleanse and that's it. But this one does everything, from cleansing your skin and improving it. It claims what it says it will do for the most part.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by sugarlyss

I gave this cleanser three lippies because it isn't necessarily a bad face wash it just wasn't for me. I first got a sample and thought I loved it. It foams up nicely and smells minty and leaves your skin squeaky clean, however it did not balance out my combination skin like it claimed. I stuck with it and used up the whole thing( which took a very long time) and my skin was still very oily in the t zone etc. I do think its good for someone with more normal skin that doesn't have any problem with breakouts, since the wash did not help out my sensitive acne prone skin. All in all I think this could be great for someone with more normal skin. But for my skins needs it really did nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleyblaire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this cleanser! It doesn't leave your skin feeling dry. If I get a pimple, as soon as I wash my face with this bad boy, the next morning it is GONE. I stand by this product.