October 21, 2014 | 1935 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Checks and Balances

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not the best cleanser. EXTREMELY stripping to the skin (and I'm oily!), the spearmint in it has me constantly checking I didn't accidentally grab toothpaste, and I feel like this is breaking me out too. Will definitely not repurchase and may even possibly return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by houhou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is a rather decent cleanser. Cleans well and rather easy to wash off. No left film after the wash. I like this one, but I like the Shiseido the skin cleanser better. But both are strong in cleansing power, so I use them only at evening. I like to use very gentle and mild cleansing milk in the morning. For my skin type: I have combi skin and acne prone. But while I am growing on age, my skin is getting dryer. It is almost become normal skin with little oily on T zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by happygirl14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to love this product! I LOVE the texture (very creamy and froths very nicely) and I love the minty scent. A little goes a long way and the product lasts forever. I love how it has natural ingredients as well....BUT it leaves my skin feeling very dry and tight for some reason and my cheeks burn a little probably from the ingredients. I have very sensitive skin. Sadly I will not be purchasing again. It is just not the right product for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this cleanser. I have oily acne prone skin. This cleanser is very frothy and a little goes a long way as they say. It smells faintly of spearmint, a little like toothpaste. It feels very gentle, and appears to remove light mineral makeup, however once washed off, the problems start. It leaves my face feeling like there's an obvious film on it even though I have rinsed well, idk what the film is and I guess it's one of the essential oil ingredients. It does seem to balance out oil production for me, however this crap broke me out like crazy! Every use I would get more pimples. Big cystic ones, little regular ones, it's a shame because besides the pimples, the rest of my face was starting to look great. Idk if it's just not removing my makeup well enough or the oils are irritating or what, but I don't have time to figure out how to use it because every day my face looks worse. I'm just gonna give it away. I would skip it if you are sensitive or very acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this around December time when my skin was more on the combo/oily side. You get a good amount of product for the price ($29 from Kit, which is quite reasonable by Australian standards) and 1 tube lasted me around 4 months with twice daily use.
This really is a frothy face wash! It lathers really well which is great if you have oily skin, it really breaks the oil and dirt down and it leaves you feeling squaky clean and fresh. I also love the spearmint scent as well, it's really refreshing! I did find this too drying in the winter when my skin is a bit more dehydrated but for summer time this was great. Didn't irritate my skin or cause any redness. There's no reason why I wouldn't buy this again come next summer, but knowing me I will want to try something different because I can't help myself. Definitely give this a go if you are looking for a basic, no frills cleanser which will keep combination skin in check.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by vsolis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Makes you feels squeaky clean! I wear a lot of makeup and this takes everything off. In the winter it doesn't dry out my skin. I use it with my Clarisonic!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Laughgeo

I was really looking forward to this product because of the rave on youtube about this. When I smelled it in sephora it smelled amazing! Then I tried it on my face the first thing I noticed is that it smells weird on my skin. It also leaves my skin feeling tight afterwards. The good things are it foams up like no other cleanser and you look more awake if you use this in the morning. I would not repurchase because there is better cleansers at the same price and I would like to try new cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this face wash more than I ever thought I would. It has a refreshing quality when applied and it forms a beautiful frothy texture that covers the face easily. I don't think it did any miracles, but my skin (typically combo/oily) felt soothed and has never acted up since I began using this.

Lastly, a little of this wash goes a long way and I think it is a great value. I find that I only need a pea sized amount (or less) for each use so my bottle has lasted me over 6 months and I still have quite a bit more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good face wash! My skin is pretty normal, but before using this face wash I used cleansers suited on more sensitive skin, and when I changed to this cleanser my skin did tingle a bit. So it might not be for those who have sensitive skin.
I like the fact that Origins make simple products with natural ingredients.
It is like a pearly toothpaste that you mix with water in your hands to create a froth. It has a slight minty smell. It feels refreshing and I think it cleanse pretty well. Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Zuppaholic

I love this cleanser. It works perfectly with my clarisonic mia! I have the combination and acne-prone skin and it doesn't make me breakouts.. I love the squeaky clean feeling after i use this products! Definitely will buy again!