April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Checks and Balances

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by sugarlyss

I gave this cleanser three lippies because it isn't necessarily a bad face wash it just wasn't for me. I first got a sample and thought I loved it. It foams up nicely and smells minty and leaves your skin squeaky clean, however it did not balance out my combination skin like it claimed. I stuck with it and used up the whole thing( which took a very long time) and my skin was still very oily in the t zone etc. I do think its good for someone with more normal skin that doesn't have any problem with breakouts, since the wash did not help out my sensitive acne prone skin. All in all I think this could be great for someone with more normal skin. But for my skins needs it really did nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleyblaire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this cleanser! It doesn't leave your skin feeling dry. If I get a pimple, as soon as I wash my face with this bad boy, the next morning it is GONE. I stand by this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by amy7369

My favorite cleanser by now. gentle and works well on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by SJose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this, you only need a pea sized amount as it foams lots. One tube lasts me over a year used twice daily. It is good because it's suitable for all skin types and cleanses well, but don't use it to remove eye makeup as it WILL sting (I found out the hard way). Sometimes I can find it a little drying, but I have skin as dry as the Sahara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

Best. I got compliments on how clear and fresh my skin looked after using this. It smells so good and it froths up really nicely. Also, a little bit goes a loooong way (like, a pea sized for your whole face). I havent needed an exfoliant because I feel like this gets my pores clean enough on its own. Amazing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by hebamo

The main thing with this is that it is SO DRYING. Yes, I only have to use the tiniest bit for it to foam up (it smells good, too), and it leaves my face feeling clean, but it dries the hell out of my skin to the point where it's extremely uncomfortable. However, I will say that it works well for acne prone areas I have but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have majorly oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

I love Origins product in general, so I bought this cleanser to try out. I do have a dry skin, but sometimes it is oily at the same time around forehead and cheeks area. I was hoping this cleanser could balance my skin.
This cleanser lather very good. I only need a tiny amount to wash my face and neck. It leaves a squeaky clean feeling, but it makes my skin feel so tight. I guess this is not a right cleanser for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

First impression review----- This is my first Origins cleanser. I'm a face cleanser junkie but most of my cleansers are drugstore except my Dermalogica special cleansing gel cleanser but I only use it with clarisonic mia after I oil cleanse to take off my liquid foundation. I was in a hunt for a face cleanser that is gentle enough for everyday but can take off my mineral makeup. The SA suggested this cleanser for my combination skin. I have oily t-zone,normal cheeks but I have dry flaky acne spots. I tried it this morning and I only needed a pea sized amount and it leather in seconds. I have round,wide,chubby face and with other face cleanser I usually need more than a pea size but not with this one. I love how soft and creamy it felt on my skin. The reason why I didn't give this cleanser 5 lippies was after I rinse it off my forehead feel squeaky clean but on the rest of my face it feels like there's a film left. Maybe that's what it meant to do? I don't mind it for my morning cleanser but I don't trust it enough for me to use it after I oil cleanse. I'm still unsure if I would repurchase but I will finish the tube. I will give an update if it gives my skin trouble.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

"Checks and balances". - Yeah, sure. For me it did the complete oppisite.

It's supposed to balance out your oily t-zone and dry cheeks. And help with acne too, I guess?
I've only used this for a week, but I've ended up with a lot big, red pimples on my forhead and my cheek-area is flaky, dry and tight. Horrible!

As much as I wanna throw this out of the window and never use it again, I'm gonna use it up, cause it was expensive for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by sarahdufour12

I got this cleanser a few weeks ago and have been really pleased with it! I have combination skin (oily around nose/chin, dry everywhere else). With other cleansers I've used, my skin would feel really tight after washing. However, after using the Checks and Balances cleanser my skin feels nice and clean but NOT tight or dried out. I also noticed this morning that my usually oily areas are not nearly as oily as they used to be. Hooray! Also, no break outs since I've started using it.

Bonus- I love the way it smells :)

EDIT: About a month after I started using this product, I started breaking out like CRAZY. I have never broken out like that in my adult life. Awful. To be fair, I had started using some other Origins products at the same time as this cleanser (the Ginzing and Nightamins moisturizers), so one of them may have been the culprit. When I stopped using the Origins products, I stopped breaking out. I was disappointed... I had really liked this cleanser up until then! Oh well. The search for a new cleanser continues.