December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Checks and Balances

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by daizyz7732

I love this product! I have combo skin (oily t zone, dry elsewhere) and this seems to do a good job for both issues, making my skin feel refreshed and the right amount of clean after using. I have cycled through many cleansers over the years, but I'm sticking with this one...its a little more than I would usually spend (I stick to drugstore brands...aveeno, cetaphil, neutrogena) but this thing lasts forever that it is so worth the price you pay!!!

Also, I like that it isn't all perfumy and stuff...another plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This cleanser is average it does cleans the skin when you don't have any makeup or skincare on.This is not strong enough to get everything out of pores not evn layer of skincare/moisturizer..... Not good for super sensitive acne prone skin. This made my cheeks super dry and red also it dulls the complexion making it look old.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by katerdpher51

Love this cleanser. I use this in rotation with the LaRoche Posay Effaclar Deep Cleansing Cream.

Both have the same creamy texture where a little tiny bit really foams up to give you a nice clean face.

Love this. Will continue to repurchase over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by winnster

I got a sample of this stuff from Sephora. A very generous associate came over to me and decided to shower me with many samples from Origins. /happy dance

Of those samples, I really enjoyed using this product the most. For reference, my skin type is truly combination. I have the oily T-zone, the dry parched cheeks, and random breakouts scattered on the lower half of my face and nose.

This cleanser is truly amazing! It does exactly as it claims. It balances my skin -- makes dry areas not tight, oily areas not greasy, etc. In addition, the overall experience of the citric aromas and slight cooling sensation that lingers on your skin products the most refreshing cleansing experience. I love to use this morning and night. I will definitely be purchasing a full sized tube of this stuff in the future! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not the best cleanser. EXTREMELY stripping to the skin (and I'm oily!), the spearmint in it has me constantly checking I didn't accidentally grab toothpaste, and I feel like this is breaking me out too. Will definitely not repurchase and may even possibly return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by houhou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is a rather decent cleanser. Cleans well and rather easy to wash off. No left film after the wash. I like this one, but I like the Shiseido the skin cleanser better. But both are strong in cleansing power, so I use them only at evening. I like to use very gentle and mild cleansing milk in the morning. For my skin type: I have combi skin and acne prone. But while I am growing on age, my skin is getting dryer. It is almost become normal skin with little oily on T zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by happygirl14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to love this product! I LOVE the texture (very creamy and froths very nicely) and I love the minty scent. A little goes a long way and the product lasts forever. I love how it has natural ingredients as well....BUT it leaves my skin feeling very dry and tight for some reason and my cheeks burn a little probably from the ingredients. I have very sensitive skin. Sadly I will not be purchasing again. It is just not the right product for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this cleanser. I have oily acne prone skin. This cleanser is very frothy and a little goes a long way as they say. It smells faintly of spearmint, a little like toothpaste. It feels very gentle, and appears to remove light mineral makeup, however once washed off, the problems start. It leaves my face feeling like there's an obvious film on it even though I have rinsed well, idk what the film is and I guess it's one of the essential oil ingredients. It does seem to balance out oil production for me, however this crap broke me out like crazy! Every use I would get more pimples. Big cystic ones, little regular ones, it's a shame because besides the pimples, the rest of my face was starting to look great. Idk if it's just not removing my makeup well enough or the oils are irritating or what, but I don't have time to figure out how to use it because every day my face looks worse. I'm just gonna give it away. I would skip it if you are sensitive or very acne prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this around December time when my skin was more on the combo/oily side. You get a good amount of product for the price ($29 from Kit, which is quite reasonable by Australian standards) and 1 tube lasted me around 4 months with twice daily use.
This really is a frothy face wash! It lathers really well which is great if you have oily skin, it really breaks the oil and dirt down and it leaves you feeling squaky clean and fresh. I also love the spearmint scent as well, it's really refreshing! I did find this too drying in the winter when my skin is a bit more dehydrated but for summer time this was great. Didn't irritate my skin or cause any redness. There's no reason why I wouldn't buy this again come next summer, but knowing me I will want to try something different because I can't help myself. Definitely give this a go if you are looking for a basic, no frills cleanser which will keep combination skin in check.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by vsolis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Makes you feels squeaky clean! I wear a lot of makeup and this takes everything off. In the winter it doesn't dry out my skin. I use it with my Clarisonic!