October 23, 2014 | 1547 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by austere

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very beautiful and interesting shade of red. I'd describe the color as a very vibrant red with a coral-pink undertone. I thought I had nothing like it but I actually own 2 other lipsticks that are incredibly similar to this.Wet n Wild Megalast in Red Velvet is almost a dead on dupe which happens to be more pigmented and cheaper. The other one I have that's identical is Black Radiance Uptown Red.
Admittedly, I don't wear it too often as I usually prefer a classic red such as my Revlon Matte 'Really Red'. Because of its brightness, 'Fire and Ice' is quite a playful red which I occasionally wear when the mood strikes. It has the effect of brightening and lifting the face so is good for days when I feel tired or ill.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm generally a fan of Revlon lipsticks and have been on the search for the perfect red to replace my old HG Really Red Matte.

This isn't it, but I still love it. I'm pale (can wear NC or NW 15) with dark eyes and warmed up hair. It's hard to describe the color on me. I want to say it's not red, but then I don't know how to describe it without mentioning red. It's not orange or pink, but a pink-coral-red combo. Kinda reminds me of NARS Heat Wave. It's heavily pigmented, bright, bold, and instantly wakes up my face. Fire and Ice also looks really great on my similarly pale, blonde-haired, blue-eyed friend. The coral-y thing makes it perfect for summer, but it's so flattering that I'll probably be breaking it out all year. It's not too much for day time, but it is bold enough for night time. Finally, I love the formula: smooth and creamy. It applies easily and wears comfortably even if your lips are in less than tip-top condition.

Love it, and highly recommend to pale ladies who like bright lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the most perfect red color lipstick, ever. I just dot it on my lips, otherwise it would be super heavy and unflattering. However, the "dots" last for hours and they can even mimic a "natural" flush if applied over lip balm. I'm not a fan of matte lipstick, even though everyone else seems to love it, but this red is so beautiful I need it in my makeup bag. This is especially nice with a cherry gloss (Femme Couture Cherry Frost, $5.49, is great with it). I have a mild addiction to red lip colors, and I have many I've never worn more than once or twice. Fire & Ice is still my favorite, and it works with everything.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In the packaging, Fire & Ice looks like a vibrant orange-red that'd be right on trend with the orange lips that are in this season. But somehow it looks too cool on my light-medium Southeast Asian coloring, and I just look sallow. Maybe my naturally berry-colored lips show through too much? I'll return this and continue with L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in British Red instead, which is a true red that is simultaneously classic and glamorous.

That aside, the lipstick is heavily pigmented and glides on smoothly. The plasticky cosmetic smell is in line with how most lipsticks smell to me, my prior experience being my mom's Clinique's lipsticks. I would try other Revlon lipsticks, just not a fan of this particular shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love me some bright lipstick. I feel like I can put this and only this on and my whole face seems brighter and gets a glow to it. My teeth look very bright too.

I'm an NC45, (maybe a little lighter, like NC43 now?) East Indian skin tone that's very orangey/heavy yellows. I bought Fire and Ice because I was looking for a very "retro" red. I love bright lipsticks because I feel like they help me look less tired on the days I'm not doing so well, or even pull together a classy evening look.

I'm not so good at describing shades, but I'd say Fire and Ice is a bright orange toned red on my lips, but it somehow disappears in flash photography and looks to be a little more muted and pink in photos. That would be my only problem with this lipstick, that it doesn't look the same in pictures. Otherwise, I've always loved Revlon lipsticks and this one is just as pleasing and creamy and long-lasting as the other ones. Go for it, even if you don't want it so intense you can always blot it on your lips and wear it as a delicate stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

A very creamy orangey- red lipstick. It is very bright and feels good on like it is moisturising lips at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by crispycat99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A bright, orange-red lipstick, it's one of my favourites. Sometimes I like a darker more 'sophisticated' red but especially for day time this is my go-to. It's a little drying if you wear it for the whole day, but I find it lasts really well and I usually only need a couple of touch ups.

I can understand people saying it makes them look washed out though, I guess it depends on a lot of other things like the colour of your teeth and foundation too. For me I like a really bold red and it brightens my whole face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

What an interesting shade! It definitely changes color depending on who it's on, other colors around it, and lighting. I have medium, yellow-toned skin (NC30), and Fire and Ice looks very pink red swatched on my hand, but on my lips it's a definite coral red. In the tube, Fire and Ice looks like it has equal parts red, orange, and pink, and the result seems to be that its color varies depending on what surrounds it. The formula didn't dry out my lips, and it lasted through a couple of drinks (I didn't reapply for 3-4 hours, and color coverage was worn down but still decent-looking). I think everyone should try Fire and Ice at least once. It's so accessible and wallet-friendly, and it's fun to have a lipstick that changes color depending on the wearer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Liz318

This is my red! I bought this since I'm going through a red lips phase and when I put it on I fell in love! I immediately bought a back up. I love how this looks with minimal make up and with a full face. Classic!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Orange red. I have purchased this a total of 4 times since 1991. I keep hoping that my tube will reflect the intended color which as the name suggests should be equal parts cool and warm red. No. No. And, no. This is orange on my lips. I really detest this color as I think orange anything on the mouth is fugly and makes one's teeth look yellow. Lastly, I loathe the formula, scent and wear time. Wish I could understand why this is still in production when so many other really competent colors have been axed. Go figure. Go elsewhere.
FYI: If your a blue eyed PPP blond like moi and want a retro sexpot red lip buy Mia Moore from TheBalm. Of all the red lipsticks I own I get more sincere unsolicited compliments when I wear this color. The formula is staggeringly brilliant and the pigment never feathers.