November 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by xXsharlyXx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Great drugstore foundation, awesome price and great coverage. Worked well with my oily skin too although I would need to plot through out the day or apply powder but for the price you can't really complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by gotmud002

I love this foundation! It's true to its name, lasting 24 hours, and provides fantastic coverage. It does have a tendency to get oily, so I set it with pressed powder. I wear Sandy Beige and apply it with a Beauty Blender over my Olay moisturizer. It provides full and even coverage every time, even helping disguise the bags under my eyes. I have redness on my cheeks and around my nose, but a thin layer of this makes my skin look perfect (but it's also buildable for more problem areas)- getting me plenty of compliments on my complexion. I recommend this to anyone looking for more full coverage!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by screambledeggs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work on my extremely oily skin. Blends beautifully and has a nice matte finish. But within 3 hours my t-zone gets super shiny, especially the nose. It transfers like crazy. Begins to be blotchy and fade within 8 hours; it makes me laugh how the "24 hour long wear" claim failed miserably.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Livalittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had this a while ago when I was breaking out pretty bad and I read some reviews and watched some first impressions videos about it. I picked it up hoping for medium to full coverage and a flawless face. When you first put it on it looks PERFECT and than after hmm 3-5 hours it goes splotchy and patchy it doesn't stay in place at all!! I swear this broke me out and ever since than I haven't repurchased!!! I don't really have oily skin, but I do break out on my nose, by my cheek bones, bottom of my jaw line, and my forehead. Also I have alot of dry patches everywhere else and my skin get irritated very easily. If you have a similar combonation skin type I would strongly recommend against this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by victoriasaintnoren

if i need a foundation to count on to be perfect all day and night i go for this one. love it. allthough i dont recommend using this everyday because it will dry you out. i have combination skin and use it everyday around my nose or to cover blemishes, for the rest of the face i use powder or another light weight foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

Let me start off by saying I have tried MANY foundations. From drugstores' Rimmel, & Revlon to high end's Stila and Makeup Forever, and everything in between. And I would have to say this foundation is probably my favorite. Because I have oily skin, I find it works best. I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours, but I will say it lasts for a good few hours before needing to blot. It gives such a flawless coverage, especially when applied with a Beauty Blender! It is medium to full (buildable) coverage without being cakey. I wouldn't suggest powdering it b/c once you apply, it has a powdery finish all in itself. It does dry fairly quickly so you will need to blend it in fast. B/c of the powdery finish you'll want to use a very velvety primer, such as Smashbox Photofinish. I find I get the absolute best results with them both combined! The price (+,- $10) is very reasonable for its value, & I think if you have oily skin, with acne or acne scars that you'd like to cover up without having such a cakey face on, I would definitely recommend this to you, my friend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Daficaricuchi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It claims:
- To look naturally flawless all day, and stay confortable
- To last 24 hour and no tranfer
- Withstand sweat, heat and humidity
- Fragance free, oil free
- Suitable for all skin types.

The foundation comes in a glass bottle, with NO PUMP :'( which sucks because you have to pour out the foundation or insert your fingers inside the bottle wich I honestly believe is grose and you can't control successfully the quantity of product you need, it comes with 30 mL. The consistency is a bit heavy, just a bit, because it's liquid, it's easy to work with, specially with a wet sponge. I find it very easy to blend into my skin with a normal sponge and ever better with a Beauty Blender. Smells like hipoallergenic products (I don't like that smell at all, honestly). I set it with a powder, it works beautifully with both coloured and traslucid and I don't wear any primer.
The color range is bad, but not awful. I visited the website first to identify those shades that look most likely my skin... and failed. I mean seriously, is it the website or is it me? I just saw all shades and they looked all the same to me. So I decided to go to Walmart and pick the one that matched my skintone most. You can't try drugstore foundations, so I think it's super important that the color of the product matches the color you actually see on the bottle, which worked for this one. I got the True Beige shade. But the color range may not have your skintone for there are almost no dark shades, forget about deep dark shades ( at least in Mexico).
Matte finish, definitely medium buildable coverage, I don't think it would last 24 hours (that's impossible), but doesn't transfer.
Now, this is the important part of the review. The website claims that it will withstand heat, sweat and humidity, and most of us girls probably laugh at this promises. Let me tell you its TRUE!! I seriously didn't believe it would have this amazing lasting power! The first time I was amazed by it's lasting power was when I went to Puerto Vallarta for Winter break, and find this would last all day with the heat, and the sweat and the humidity, just at it claims. The second time was at a volleyball tournament, a couple of months ago, and it worked amazingly, it lasted the two games we played that day (of course not as if I just applied it, but it lasted amazingly), I was BLOWN AWAY when I looked in the mirror on the changing rooms and it was still there.
So, many of us think that foundations that last that much most clog your pores and make you break out, at least for me, it didn't. This is seriously good stuff ladies, I would really recomend this foundation for other sporty girls and women who need their foundations to superstay all day long :) Plus, it could be really useful for prom, weddings or special events because it has no sunscreen, so it photographs really nicely.
I AM DEFINITELY BUYING IT AGAIN (when I ran out).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

This is overall just an awful foundation. I was pretty excited about the staying power claims but I only wore this foundation for a single day and had terrible breakouts all over my face. As another reviewer said, these were not minor breakouts, I'm talking angry, red and painful. I usually do not like returning things but I did take this back to Ulta because I was not going to hang onto it. I am acne prone and have had reactions to foundations before, but never anything this bad.

I am an NC 25 and purchased it in Natural Beige. It was a good match and covered redness, breakouts, etc. extremely well. However, it does tend to look cake-y and my skin felt greasy the entire time I wore this foundation despite the fact I set it with a powder and blotted throught the day (I wore it through an 8 hour work day and to a party afterward and my skin was shiny by hour 4-5).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Ellam77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On the plus side this foundation has great coverage, and although I'd question the 24 hour claim it lasted throughout several 8 hour days without touch ups. Unfortunately, the cons outweighs the pros. First and foremost, this foundation made my relatively clear skin break out terribly; I'm not talking a few pimples, I'm talking about 20 over the course of the 3 weeks I used it. As always the lack of pump caused a few issues. I also found the finish of this, even with a thin layer, to be on the cakey side. I have no issue with a matte finish but it almost looked powdery. If I were to ever use it again it would maybe be for a night out when I want that full coverage effect but it's definitely too clogging for regular use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely foundation, is a matte finish and blends in nicely. My only issues are the colour range as I wish there were a few more choices and also I do find the colour oxidises to a shade or 2 darker. Originally I used my mac prolong wear concealer with this foundation and hated the result due both products being a matte finish, my skin was left looking very powdery and dry. I now use a lighter concealer With this foundation and the finish is very nice.