Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 2/25/2015 10:24:00 PM

I have used this as a never fail favorite for good reason . It matches well and covers great while looking natural. Always a go to foundation.

on 2/5/2015 12:53:00 PM

My mum uses this, but I don't think it's too good.

on 12/9/2014 9:44:00 PM

I loved this foundation when I first applied it. It went on and blended smoothly with my buffing brush. The color was good and after using a translucent powder I was completely matte. Sounds great right? Well after an 8 hour shift my face was shiny-I don't even have overly oily skin- and I was orange. It looked like I took bronzer and applied it too my whole face with out blending it down. I had higher hopes for this foundation because as much as I love my tarte foundation I can't afford it all the time.

on 9/5/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great drugstore foundation, awesome price and great coverage. Worked well with my oily skin too although I would need to plot through out the day or apply powder but for the price you can't really complain.

on 9/1/2014 4:39:00 AM

I love this foundation! It's true to its name, lasting 24 hours, and provides fantastic coverage. It does have a tendency to get oily, so I set it with pressed powder. I wear Sandy Beige and apply it with a Beauty Blender over my Olay moisturizer. It provides full and even coverage every time, even helping disguise the bags under my eyes. I have redness on my cheeks and around my nose, but a thin layer of this makes my skin look perfect (but it's also buildable for more problem areas)- getting me plenty of compliments on my complexion. I recommend this to anyone looking for more full coverage!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Doesn't work on my extremely oily skin. Blends beautifully and has a nice matte finish. But within 3 hours my t-zone gets super shiny, especially the nose. It transfers like crazy. Begins to be blotchy and fade within 8 hours; it makes me laugh how the "24 hour long wear" claim failed miserably.

on 8/17/2014 6:28:00 PM

I had this a while ago when I was breaking out pretty bad and I read some reviews and watched some first impressions videos about it. I picked it up hoping for medium to full coverage and a flawless face. When you first put it on it looks PERFECT and than after hmm 3-5 hours it goes splotchy and patchy it doesn't stay in place at all!! I swear this broke me out and ever since than I haven't repurchased!!! I don't really have oily skin, but I do break out on my nose, by my cheek bones, bottom of my jaw line, and my forehead. Also I have alot of dry patches everywhere else and my skin get irritated very easily. If you have a similar combonation skin type I would strongly recommend against this foundation.

if i need a foundation to count on to be perfect all day and night i go for this one. love it. allthough i dont recommend using this everyday because it will dry you out. i have combination skin and use it everyday around my nose or to cover blemishes, for the rest of the face i use powder or another light weight foundation.

Let me start off by saying I have tried MANY foundations. From drugstores' Rimmel, & Revlon to high end's Stila and Makeup Forever, and everything in between. And I would have to say this foundation is probably my favorite. Because I have oily skin, I find it works best. I wouldn't say it lasts 24 hours, but I will say it lasts for a good few hours before needing to blot. It gives such a flawless coverage, especially when applied with a Beauty Blender! It is medium to full (buildable) coverage without being cakey. I wouldn't suggest powdering it b/c once you apply, it has a powdery finish all in itself. It does dry fairly quickly so you will need to blend it in fast. B/c of the powdery finish you'll want to use a very velvety primer, such as Smashbox Photofinish. I find I get the absolute best results with them both combined! The price (+,- $10) is very reasonable for its value, & I think if you have oily skin, with acne or acne scars that you'd like to cover up without having such a cakey face on, I would definitely recommend this to you, my friend!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It claims:
- To look naturally flawless all day, and stay confortable
- To last 24 hour and no tranfer
- Withstand sweat, heat and humidity
- Fragance free, oil free
- Suitable for all skin types.

The foundation comes in a glass bottle, with NO PUMP :'( which sucks because you have to pour out the foundation or insert your fingers inside the bottle wich I honestly believe is grose and you can't control successfully the quantity of product you need, it comes with 30 mL. The consistency is a bit heavy, just a bit, because it's liquid, it's easy to work with, specially with a wet sponge. I find it very easy to blend into my skin with a normal sponge and ever better with a Beauty Blender. Smells like hipoallergenic products (I don't like that smell at all, honestly). I set it with a powder, it works beautifully with both coloured and traslucid and I don't wear any primer.
The color range is bad, but not awful. I visited the website first to identify those shades that look most likely my skin... and failed. I mean seriously, is it the website or is it me? I just saw all shades and they looked all the same to me. So I decided to go to Walmart and pick the one that matched my skintone most. You can't try drugstore foundations, so I think it's super important that the color of the product matches the color you actually see on the bottle, which worked for this one. I got the True Beige shade. But the color range may not have your skintone for there are almost no dark shades, forget about deep dark shades ( at least in Mexico).
Matte finish, definitely medium buildable coverage, I don't think it would last 24 hours (that's impossible), but doesn't transfer.
Now, this is the important part of the review. The website claims that it will withstand heat, sweat and humidity, and most of us girls probably laugh at this promises. Let me tell you its TRUE!! I seriously didn't believe it would have this amazing lasting power! The first time I was amazed by it's lasting power was when I went to Puerto Vallarta for Winter break, and find this would last all day with the heat, and the sweat and the humidity, just at it claims. The second time was at a volleyball tournament, a couple of months ago, and it worked amazingly, it lasted the two games we played that day (of course not as if I just applied it, but it lasted amazingly), I was BLOWN AWAY when I looked in the mirror on the changing rooms and it was still there.
So, many of us think that foundations that last that much most clog your pores and make you break out, at least for me, it didn't. This is seriously good stuff ladies, I would really recomend this foundation for other sporty girls and women who need their foundations to superstay all day long :) Plus, it could be really useful for prom, weddings or special events because it has no sunscreen, so it photographs really nicely.
I AM DEFINITELY BUYING IT AGAIN (when I ran out).