October 25, 2014 | 948 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Velvet Eyeshadow - Gimme Some Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BeneFit Gimme Some Plum velvet eyeshadow ($18 usd and 0.11 oz) is a dusty pinkie purplish color. The texture is amazing. It is very soft and buttery and apply like a dream. The texture reminded me of TheBalm, Lorac and Chanel eyeshadow. The amount of product in here is fantastic, you get twice as much as a regular eyeshadow, 0.11 oz vs 0.05 oz. In addition, the package is very cute and sturdy with a picture of a white dove in the front, the package is somewhat similar to Shu eyeshadow packages. I would recommend Gimme Some Plum to anyone who is a fan of purple or anyone wanting a smooth, soft and buttery eyeshadow to try BeneFit velvet eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just say I love Benefit's packaging. It's very cute and compact. I might even buy the products specifically for the awesome designs on the packages. In this case though I'm buying it purely for the product. A girl in one of my classes uses this eye shadow and it really flatters her brown eyes. She tried it on me and I liked the look of it. I was looking for a plum eye shadow to make my brown eyes sparkle and that's what this product came in handy. It's subtle but not so much that you can't see it. It layers well with other shadows and also is a stand out by itself. The price is a little steep for an eye shadow but the pigment (has some shimmer but not so much that you'll look like a disco ball) is worth it. It can work for day time and evening so it has multiple uses depending on how you apply it. Benefit has a good reputation with their eye shadows. I say give it a shot and you'll see what I mean.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by ESMorin

I really really love these velvet eyeshadows. They have great colors, but don't have a lot of wacky bright ones. And that's OK by me, but probably won't be for people to love bright teal eyeshadows and colors like that. This color is a nice subtle that kind of just gives a classy look. I think the color is great. The shadows are finely milled, and the shimmer doesn't make you look like a teenybopper. They have great staying power, especially when used with a a primer or over a cream shadow. I have several of these colors and love them all. The only downside is the price...which at $18 is a little steep. However, you do get more in the pan than a Smashbox single (for example).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I had such high hopes for the Velvet eyeshadows, but this was a real disappointment for me. I usually adore purples and find them hard not to love, but this one is a rare exception. It felt amazingly smooth swatched with my finger, but when I apply with a brush it feels a little gritty, and there is barely any colour payoff and a little too much glitter (which you can't even see on a swatch, but shows up on my lids!). I had thought I will collect them all, but now I think I will pass on the rest of the Velvet e/s, and I swapped this one away already. Oh, and mine was 100% authentic, I bought it from Shoppers Drug Mart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

[NW10/15, dark brown hair, golden brown eyes]

I wish more people would catch on to how phenomenal these eyeshadows are. For the record, I am not a fan of any other Benefit product and used to avoid their counter like the plague. But these caught my eye and have completely altered my perception of the line. It's getting better, it really is. The Velvet shadows are some of the best shadows I've ever encountered. I cannot compare to Chantecaille or Becca, but the texture of these Velvets certainly outshines Stila, Mac, Dior, Chanel, etc.

I first bought Fawn Over Me and Leggy, which are neutral, slightly shimmery washes in cool champagne and pinkish champagne, respectively. Separate or layered, they are a perfect neutral eye look for when I'm wearing very bold lips.

After a while I sucked it up and handed over another twenty bucks for the lavender/plum shade, which is the subject of this review. Gimme Some Plum is a neutral-cool, subtly shimmery purple wash that I didn't know I'd been looking for all my life. My eyes are golden light brown, and take on an sly olive tint with Fawn Over Me. With Gimme Some Plum as a wash and a brown/black tightline, my eyes become so sexy I practically seduce myself in the mirror.

I always knew purple was flattering since it's always what MAs use during makeovers, but typically they've used so many shades and techniques that I cannot recreate the look. My skills with e/s are pretty basic. Usually I don't even bother with a crease shade. I like to focus on lips.

Gimme Some Plum allows me to have a sophisticated eye look that looks more accomplished than a typical neutral wash. It looks like I know what I'm doing.

I've been wearing this with my deep pink lipsticks and have been getting positive feedback in the form of people looking longer into my eyes when we interact!

I am thrilled to have found a purple look that is easy, sexy, soft and long-lasting.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No