July 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by chixxle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of I'm a teen who gets pimples especially on my forehead and I have moderately oily but sensitive skin. I bought this a few weeks ago because it was recommended by a friend but it turns out it's useless for me. PACKAGING: the packing is okay. It's a simple sturdy pump bottle but it dispenses waaaaaay too much product. PRODUCT: for me this was a garbage product when you first out it on your troubled spots it feels nice and cooling and tightening but in less than an hour it makes my skin crazy oily in the spots I put it on. It not only does that but it does absolutely nothing for my spots. OVERALL: no matter how many times I try to use this product it just does nothing and I will most definetly not buy it again nor will I recommend it to anyone. Seriously disappointed Lushie here :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Before I do this review, I will give a bit of a backstory as to why I was looking for some acne treating products:

I have always had very dry skin, and that included maybe getting a small breakout here or there, oily t-zone once in awhile, but that was it. I've always had good clear skin, no huge breakouts or anything, but the past few months since I turned 26 have been nothing short of hell. I had cystic acne all over my jaw line and chin.. and I went through almost every doctor perscribed product you could use. So I had about given up hope, and I went to LUSH to see if they had anything to fight acne. I purchased Herbalism cleanser and this little bottle of Grease Lightning. I was not sure if it would do anything, but I put it on the night before I went to bed, woke up.. and low and behold, my cysts had shrunk over 50%. And now after two weeks of use they are GONE. I still have some scarring from them, and a few little inflamations here and there, but that's my hormones, and so far Grease Lightning has kept my acne breakouts under control. I am very happy with this product, and I hope it continues to give me the results I love.

As for the product itself, it smells good, just like witch hazel, the consistency is interesting almost like a gel product. The pump is convienent and the size is great for bringing it with you on the go!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I don't know what on earth I did before this product, and I don't know what I'll do if I'm ever without it. I have combination to oily, very acne-prone skin. I've dealt with acne in some form for almost 15 years. It's quite mild now, but still prone to spots. Grease Lightning is perfect for my skin.

I smooth it on all over my face (avoiding eye area, of course), dabbing a little extra on any spots or blemishes I currently have. A little goes a long way. The texture is a fluid gel that absorbs almost instantly into the skin and leaves zero "feeling" behind, as if you never put anything on. The smell is very subtle and fresh; it doesn't really smell like tea tree oil to my nose, although I would describe it as "herbal-y."

This does a great job of clearing up the little red pimples I get that never come to a head. It will also work on inflamed pimples or pustules, although it does take a little longer to bring them down than the usual acne medications like benzoyl peroxide. It's a worthwhile trade-off to me, though, because this doesn't dry out my skin or make it flake. I actually find it quite soothing to my skin and it seems to bring down irritation as well as zits. It will not do anything on cystic acne, however, and if I find myself with a cyst, I skip this and bust out the benzoyl peroxide straight away.

The other nice thing about this is that it keeps me matte. After starting to use it every night, I've noticed I wake up with much less oil on my face in the morning. I don't usually use this during the day, but if my skin feels particularly oily, I will - and it really does help keep the oil at bay underneath my makeup.

Bottom line: This doesn't do 100% of the work of keeping me clear, but I've found it to be a very valuable component. Will keep using and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely not a fan of this whatsoever. I was recommended this product in store while looking for something to get rid of breakouts. J was told this was an amazing zit zapper. And I find it does absolutely nothing for me. Even when I used it religiously for weeks. I was also told it could be used as a mattifier. Which it totally does give your skin a matte finish when a thin layer is applied. But when it dries and you move your face it feels so tight and it cracks so I don't know how anyone could use this under much less over makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Meiori2001

Absolutely love it, for people who can't do the normal stuff this is a godsend. Will be buying again. Just use it on the areas where you break out, not the other areas. Be sure to apply a moisturizer afterward.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Absolutely love this product! I have very acne prone skin and this does the job, dries up breakouts very fast and seems to help fade redness as well. I love that it's all natural gentle ingredients! The smell is ok, nothing I'm crazy over but definitely don't dislike it. I know this is a spot treatment, however I use it all over my face to prevent new pimples and it's toning agents. It contains witch hazel, which is an amazing natural astringent/toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Asioned

I love this spot treatment and it seems to work well. I like the fact that all the ingredients are simple and natural, so it isn't too harsh on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really hate myself right now, you'd think that I would learn my lesson. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through my cabinets when I saw this. A pang went through my heart when I saw this. I knew that my face had negatively reacted to it before, but the bottle looked so sad sitting there full. I decided I'd risk it. I followed the procedure and glimpsed at my face in the mirror the next morning, more pimples! They were in places I never usually get them in. With a sigh, I emptied the bottle out and threw it in my trash, eliminating any chance of me falling for temptation again. I still have the result of curiosity and hope on my face.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this all over my face as a serum. I wouldn't recommend applying like that unless you experience severely oily skin and acne. It definitely seemed improve skin texture and worked better as a preventative measure against future breakouts than it did to heal acne I already had. I had a separate spot treatment prescribed from my dermatologist that was more effective than this that I used on small areas.

I liked it while I used it, but eventually I discontinued using this product because my skin seemed to get used to the formula over time and it quit working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think a lot of people are understand how this product is supposed to work. It is NOT an all over face product. It is a spot treatment. You use it on blemishes. Obviously nothing is going to be a miracle worker on those big cyst like pimples. Those need to work themselves out. I use this on white/black heads and it has been an absolute life saver. Maybe its not for all skin types, i understand that, not everything can be, but if you're not using a product correctly, of course its not going to work. This is also not something you can generally put on and then go out in the world with, because as it dries, if forms a film over the skin and flakes off the longer you keep it on. I put it on before bed and generally when i wake up, 80% of it has rubbed off. I have oily, acne prone skin and while it hasn't really done much for the oilyness, it is a miracle worker on pimples. I swear by this product. I use it after Lush's Fresh Farmacy and Tea Tree Toner Spray and my skin has never looked better!