October 23, 2014 | 969 users online

Lip Gloss - Christian Dior - Lip Polish Smoothing Lacquer 002

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This hooked me from the minute I tried it on. At a glance it's just another sheer pink gloss, which I have way too many of... but still somehow always find myself "needing" more of (I have no willpower). But this feels amazing and makes my lips look smooth, plush, and shiny in a prettily subdued way. The finish is perfect for any mirror-finish gloss phobes out there. It's got a sexy amount of shiny but isn't overly reflective or wet. It gives me that shine I crave without feeling like I'm working the wet popsicle lips look. I like a super glossy finish once in awhile but I love how classy and understated this is.

Feels dreamy on. Silky smooth and creamy without being thick or sticky. It stays put well for something this light, and I actually like the feeling of mushing my lips together just to feel that cushy texture. With a thin layer I get a nice amount of moisture (no balm needed underneath) and I can get away with wearing my long hair down and not worry about it sticking to my lips. Plus it makes my lips look healthy even if they're on the drier side.

The color doesn't add a lot since I have fairly pigmented lips and most sheer pinks only appear clearish on me. But it adds a lovely polished effect and a little hint of soft pink when I layer it on more heavily. Smells great too. And that applicator! Yes it needs an exclamation point or two. I didn't realize how convenient that is. It just rolls the gloss on so easily and evenly without much pressure.

So after wearing this for about a week now it's really started to have an effect on how I feel about my other glosses. I think at the very least it's going to cause me to cut back on the amount of glosses I want and end up purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by franknbeans82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the years, I have owned a lot of lip glosses, both high and low end. I love the look of gloss, but I have super dry lips and always had to pair it with some sort of balm. As I'm sure you girls know, gloss on rough, flakey lips just doesn't work or feel good. Anyhow, I was curious about this product because according to the reviews, this is a gloss that actually lives up to the claims of being moisturizing. I was dubious at first, but I love the idea of only needing one product and decided to give it a try. Well, I'm happy to report that my extremely chapped lips have been transformed after just one day of wear. They are smooth, soft, and shiny. Plus, the gloss lasts for hours, and even when it finally starts to wear off, my lips don't feel immediately dry like they do with most lip products. I must say the results justify the high price tag. I also love the rolling wand, which allows for a more even application. I definitely plan to purchase again whenever I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't like lip glosses. I appreciate editorial or night looks with a smooth dark glossy "vamp" lip or multi-dimensional shimmer, but in practice the closest I've come is a drop of YSL's stain hybrid over red lipstick.

I capriciously tried Dior's lip polish last summer because it was too hot to wear lipstick and "polished" but not quite glossy lips appealed to me. And I already liked Dior's rose lip balm and nude/glow effect products (ethereal, perfect no-makeup makeup). I immediately purchased 002 (Fresh Expert?) and it's still the only lip gloss I own.

The milky, transparent color (a melon pink) is not detectable on my lips but contributes an understated creamy-wet finish, as opposed to the dated sticky, glassy look of many clear lip glosses. It has a short-lived, gourmand faint cake batter scent. My lips look fuller and a bit sexy. I don't think there's any shimmer but I do detect a kind of iridescence up close in certain lights.

The texture is terribly comfortable. The feeling is substantial but not heavy, both weightless and as conditioning as any lip balm, like a protective penetrating layer of thick-thin softness. It also stays put. I can tap my lip with my finger or shake my hair around with impunity. I would forget I was wearing this if not for the exceptional comfort factor, so you could say I notice when it's not there more than when it is (though your lips will still look better once it wears off than they did before you wore it).

The soft, fuzzy doefoot sponge applicator gives a pleasing, rolling sensation. I thought the brush shape must just be marketing but it does deposit the product evenly. I don't usually use a mirror to apply.

The silver-topped Addict block tube where the gloss seems to be suspended inside is so pretty. It's feminine in that Dior way that's equal parts indulgently girly and totally elegant. I like seeing it tucked neatly into the lipstick pocket in my bag.

This is a white summer dress, beach babe in the city, city babe in St. Tropez, yacht party, what-this-old-thing kind of lip gloss. Give it a chance to surprise you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

this is perfect! great looking, unscented, no taste, NO GLITTER, i am very happy with it. i bought 02 and in love with the color. the lip is supersoft when wearing this, shocking! i have trouble wearing lipgloss because of the smell and taste and surprise that dior is perfect for this. i used to use shu uemura but now they only have it online and it is impossible to choose the color from online, so happy that dior is unscented and no taste and good color selection. i wish it was cheaper to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by NingOnline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this Dior Addict Lip Polish in the colors #001 and #003 haha, but it is the same product so I might as well as write my review here - instead of starting a new thread. I love this polish on my lips because it is very moisturizing and it makes me feel so sexy ;). It fills in my lips very nicely and it stays on for quite a long time for a lip 'gloss'. When the polish is gone (through eating or just wearing) my lips feel very soft ^^. It also looks very nice on top of a lipstick ;D. I have repurchased this product for the second time ;).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff! It may appear to be a regular gloss, but it's much more than that! It leaves your lips feeling plump (with no dismaying tingly feeling) and smooth with fine lines reduced and a gorgeous milky pink sheen. The applicator is unlike anything I've seen before, it actually pivots so you can really work the product into the lips. Watch out, though, because there is always waaaay too much product on the applicator. Generally, I just massage a little into my lower lip and press my upper and lower lip together and it's the perfect amount. This product is scented, which usually I'm not a huge fan of, but it's actually quite a nice lightly perfumed scent. The packaging is gorgeous, as per usual with Dior products, with a gleaming silver cap that creates quite a nice contrast with the pink of the gloss. It is a little pricey, at around $30 USD, BUT I've had it since December and use it multiple times in a week, and it looks like I've hardly made a dent. All in all, this is a really solid product. Gloss lovers and gloss haters will appreciate and love the perfect texture and look of this lacquer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by couterbridge

Absolutely love this gloss! My definite favourite. The texture is gorgeous, thick but not overly and unlike many glosses on the market this one lasts hours! Even through eating and drinking. Leaves no residue once it has worn off and I must say the overall state of my lips has improved.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Luluwastaken

This lip polish does liven up your complexion because its a gorgeous mid pink shade.
I love how it looks like a jelly finish but it has micro shimmers that are subtle. I just adore the texture of this.

I can wear it alone sheerly, or on top of dior's lip glow for a bright fuchsia lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by katiatrw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I typically wear only lip balm, but bought this gloss on a friend's recommendation and love it. It is very thick without feeling too sticky and has really helped to keep my lips form drying out through the last few winter months.

It seems to stay on well, too. I will put it on when I am leaving the house in the morning and realize hours later that there is still a sheer coat on my lips. It is a pretty sheer light pink and gives my lips a little extra color while making them look a little fuller and keeping them moisturized.

It is super expensive, but has ended up being something that I use every day. I will definitely replace it when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by clockworkmices

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This lipgloss is beautiful. Normally I hate any kind of lipgloss, but I swatched this one out of curiosity and the colour was so pretty I had to buy it. It's a lovely creamy pink shade in the bottle, it sheers out a little bit when applied, appears to smooth any dry skin on your lips, and makes your mouth look fuller, softer and better shaped. The lasting power is pretty great for a lipgloss, about 4 hours if I don't have something to eat. I will definitely be repurchasing, it really is too lovely for words.