July 31, 2014 | 994 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infinity Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by dgrenas793

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This curling iron BURNS my hair. I thought maybe It was because I put Lanza silk oil before I style but I tried it without the oil and it still left my hair smelling burned :/. I've tried leaving it for only a few seconds and on the lowest heat setting and I end up with barely curled burned hair. The burned smell seriously lasts for a couple days on the different times I used it. I have stick straight hair so that may be to blame for the curls not holding. My friend has naturally wavy hair and she was really happy with it so maybe it just depends on your hair type Idk. But I've even used metal curling irons that don't burn my hair at all. I tried conair hot rollers and those work AMAZING. The curl holds all day and I got CRAZY volume! I just use those instead and I can do my makeup while their cooling down so I recommend their hot rollers over this curling iron

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaBiatch

HATE this curling iron! I agree with the other reviewer who said it burns their hair. Even on the lowest heat setting, my hair is burnt & it definitely leaves a burnt smell on my hair. Also, the clamp doesn't hold my hair down enough, it's almost like it is broken. I am currently looking for a new curling iron and it reminded me to write a review on how much this one sucks! LOL :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by neverender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mine stopped working within a week. I could have gotten a new one, but it burned my thick hair every time I used it, even on low setting --don't like walking around with that burnt smell in my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an outstanding curling iron. I've used a gozillion different curling irons, and this is by far the best. It's ceramic coated, so the barrel is static free, and the heat is consistent across the barrel. It's also got tourmaline technology, which is supposed to ionize your hair to reduce frizz and flyaways. Personally, I have no idea if that claim is hype or not, but given how well this works, let's just assume it's part of the reason why. I love the instant heat feature. 60 seconds after you turn it on, it's at full heat and ready to go. There are 5 heat settings, starting at a low of 315 degrees, which is perfect for thinner, frail hair. I love how well this curls my hair, but mostly how it seals up the frizzy ends to make my hair look shiny and neat. I use w/Fabricate spray by Redken to produce a perfect all day hold for my thin, stressed, processed hair. Honestly, my hair has never looked this good. Another terrific feature of this is the barrel cover that you use after you're finished styling. It covers the hot barrel and lets you store the iron immediately when you're done. It also has a very nice and long swivel cord. Costs between 20-30 dollars depending on where you buy and what size. Comes in sizes from 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches.