November 21, 2014 | 1691 users online

Hair Treatments - H2O - hair repair seaweed masque

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Jeanannvk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I also bought this at Marshall's for 4.99... And it was the best 5 bucks I've spent in a long time! I am also surprised by the negative reviews, but I suspect it is because it doesn't seem to work like a traditional conditioner.

I have long hair (middle of back) so it took quite a lot of product for it to "feel" fully covered. Even then, I still thought my ends felt too dry. Normally, I use Biolage conditioning balm, so my hair feels slick after I apply the product.

I rinsed it out after 5 minutes...and I have to say, I was worried. The texture of my wet hair felt different than after my regular conditioner and I almost reconditioned my hair with my Biolage, but I decided to give it a try without it.

After the shower I combed my hair and then used a blow drier and round brush. It wasn't until then that I could see how unbelievably soft, bouncy and shiny my hair was! I was shocked! It's full of body and feels super soft...I felt like I was in a hair commercial. :)

If you find this at your local TJ's or Marshall's, snag it. Otherwise, it is still worth the $20 investment. A good hair mask is usually at least that much or more. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by virg123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im really surprised about all the bad reviews. I also bought this product at TJ Maxx for 4.99 and its the best thing I have used in my hair in a really long time! My hair is fine and color treated (just the bottom half as i haven't colored in 2 years). Im trying to grow it out so that means getting trims every 6 months. After a certain length my hair always dries out and breaks at the ends. This mask completely changed the appearance and texture of my hair! I put it in my towel dried hair and left it in for 2 hours then rinsed. the next day I did not wash my hair. Today my hair is so soft and light and full of body! I blow dried with a round brush and it looked perfect all day without any mousse. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by benny143

Nothing special. Smell is nice but it takes a ton of product to even begin to condition hair. Save your $!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

I'm surprised that the reviews so far have been so negative -- I really like this deep conditioner. I put it on during a steamy shower and five minutes later, my hair feels great. For reference, I have fine, color-treated hair, and this shea-butter masque makes it shiny, soft, and tangle-free. And for under $5 at Marshalls, what's not to like?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by LorelaiNoah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for $4 at TJ Maxx, only bought it there because I was too much of a whimp to purchase it full price at Ulta. Boy am I glad I didn't pay $20 for it. This is nasty. It dried out my hair, smells horrible, and did more damage than repair. The only pro is it made my hair reallllly shiny. I usually don't care about shine, but after using this masque I realized it does matter. I guess I'll be purchasing a shine serum in the near future, but I'll definitely never repurchase this crap!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Cuppiecakes

This is the worst hair product I have ever used. Like the reviewer below, I also bought this masque from TJ Maxx but I only paid $4.99 for it. I tried this 2 times and both times as I rinsed the product out of my hair, my hair was SUPER dry and I had to follow up with a heavy conditioner. Strangest expierence I have ever had with a hair repair masque that seems to do the total opposite of that it's supposed to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by berkeleybear95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I had been looking for a hair mask for quite some time, and was a t tj maxx. this product was like $7.00 compared to original price of 18, plus i'd always wanted to try H2o, so I had to get it. Here is my review:

Hair type: dry, thick curls(african american curls) my hair problem is that its dry.
I put this on my hair for the length of my shower, so sometimes it was in for 40 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes. It was always in for more than the recommended time. I put this on sometimes after using an apple cider vinegar wash: clean palette. I'm not sure if it made a difference on how well the product worked.
Results: this is a great hair mask! I don't have damaged hair, but it is dry. My curls were shiny, and healthy looking after using it. I love the smell. Reminds me of the ocean. Some might be put off by the smell because its strong, and it lasts. I used this, and njo styling product one day, and some hours later, my hair wasn't shiny anymore:( . Also, it comes in a 6 oz container, so I only got maybe 5,6 uses out of it. I know I got at least 4. Maybe its because I used too of it. Anyway, I would get this again if I saw it on sale, but I wouldn't pay 17.50 for it. Bottomline. This a good product that seems to work well for my hair.