April 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Nourishing Cream / Night Calming

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by furbilicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just ordered two more on Amazon. I have combination skin, and recently have started breaking out a lot. Due to the harsh winter in NJ, this cleanser is perfect for the colder months. It provides enough moisture to keep your skin supple during the winter months, and cleans impeccably.
I am using prescription Trenition for my acne, and it REALLY tends to try out your skin, so this cleanser is perfect! I combine it with my clarasonic and it works like a charm.
I no longer see dry spots and my acne scars are slowly vanishing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by itsangelaliu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i purchased this product for $6 in canada. i really like the cream consistency of this product as it continues to lather. this product is pretty much a one step night time routine as it cleanses, removes makeup, and moisturizes your skin. I've used this product for about a month now and it has now broken me out nor caused any other irritations as i have quite acne prone skin. i would definitely encourage you to try out this product as it'll make your night time routine much simpler and does not cost a lot of money at all. hope this was helpful (: xoxo

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by knganderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this at TJ Maxx for like $5 a while ago, and having been using it regularly ever since. Gets off makeup, including eye makeup, fairly easily. Calming? Maybe--lavender scent is nice, doesn't seem to be irritating. Didn't leave my skin feeling tight at all, but instead seemed to leave oil or something on my skin and not cleanse especially well after getting makeup off. I tended to use quite a lot, as I like creamy cleansers, but fairly easy to lather. Also, I think this has been breaking me out. I didn't notice for a while after I began using it (incidentally, not until I began using it almost every day) and so blamed it on hormones, but it hasn't gotten any better and this is the only change in my skincare routine in the last 6 weeks. I'll be tossing the rest of the bottle and not repurchasing. Otherwise, I recommend using this to get makeup off then using a different cleanser to actually cleanse the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by sassypants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this cleanser once so far. Here are my initial impressions: This cleanser has a milky, thin consistancy (not as thick as I thought/hoped it would be since Paula Begoun's review says it "produces ample foam" - this does foam nicely, but it's not a crazy amount of foam). It took off every single bit of my makeup. I wasn't wearing mascara when I used it last night, but I will be tonight when I use it so we'll see then how well it removes non-waterproof. It left my skin feeling pretty much squeaky clean, and I have combo skin so I think this would be too drying for someone with dry skin but maybe not because you never now. But it's fine for me, especially since the weather is not dry right now. The smell is AMAZING. Probably the best-smelling cleanser I've ever used. Will update once I've used for a while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Use this on your DRY face to remove makeup, and it'll get everything off. However, i give this a low rating because it feels uncomfortably COLD on the skin. It's definitely not a feel-good cleanser because i hate putting cold stuff on my face, especially before a warm shower. It smells really good, it's a floral lavender type of scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Ntuitive1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why some people don't like this cleanser. It removes makeup better than most cleansers twice the price plus it is gentle on the eyes and skin. It's a lot like Neutrogena's Foaming Cleanser only it has a silkier and creamier consistency. For best results, wet a paper towel and put a little cleanser on a tip of it and massage it into the skin gently with a circular motion, then rinse. You can't expect a cleanser to effectively remove dirt and makeup unless you use a little pressure. I don't find this stuff drying at all, although I do have oily skin. I think this cleanser is probably best for mature skin, followed by a moisturizer. I just love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking it might help me sleep, and it doesn't! I don't know why this is called night calming. As far as a cleanser, it's okay, but I like my deep clean cream cleanser so much better!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by vonrouge

Despite the keywords "nourishing", "calming", and "soft" all over the packaging, this cleanser was extremely drying to my skin. I returned it after two weeks of use. I liked the scent and the texture of the cleanser, and felt that it did a good job of removing makeup, but my skin was painfully dry and tight after use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Such a fantastic cleanser :) I am so glad that I stumbled upon this, because it is wonderful at removing every trace of makeup (even dark eyeshadows, and heavy foundation!).....I have tried so many cleansers, and I think I have found my Holy Grail. I love that this has a nice mild, lilac scent that calms and isn't overly strong- it leaves your skin feeling fresh and cleansed and clear of any makeup residue. Combining this with my Clinique Clarifying toner has been my go skin routine. I purchased this on sale for $5.00- however, I have seen this cleanser (and the entire 'night calming' line) discounted at a few places, so I think it might be axed from stores. I actually plan to purchase back-ups of this, and I have never done that with any cleanser. I truly love this <3

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was not impressed by this cleanser AT ALL! Not only did it leave all my foundation on my face, but it broke me out! I wasn't impressed AT ALL!