July 24, 2014 | 2071 users online

Sunscreen - Kiss Me - Sunkiller Baby Milk SPF 38 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by thispolkadot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a physicial sunblock marketed for babies and those with sensitive skins. It is alcohol, mineral oil and fragrance free. It dries to a satin (almost powdery) finish, leaving no oily or sticky residue, likely due to silicones being the first ingredient. Makeup also goes on well on top of it. It may dry with a slight white cast for darker skin tones; for fair skin the white cast is negligible. What more could I ask for? It comes in a small flat pink bottle, to be shaked before use. Price is drugstore range, though it won't be economical if you were to use it for your body too. I use an oil-based makeup remover to remove makeup and sunblock at the end of the day, and haven't had any breakouts from it.

Ingredients (from packaging):
Cyclomethicone, water, zinc oxide, dipropylene glycol, titanium dioxide, methyl methacrylate, crosspolymer, butylene glycol, glycerin, isopropyl palmitate, isononyl isononanoate, peg-10 glyceryl triisosterate, peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, demethicone, aluminium hydroxide, isostearic acid, dimethicone/methicone copolymer, dipotassium glycyrhizate, disodium edta, disteardimonium hectorite, polyglyceryl-10 oleate, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate, caprylic/capric triclyceride, lecithin, oryza sativa (rice) bran oil, punica granatum extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, glycosphingolipids, soluble collagen, hydrolyzed collagen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this sunscreen for winter and fall, it has just enough spf to apply once a day and not have to worry about getting red or reapplying. I have very fair and very freckled skin that burns insanely easily, but I haven't burned once while using this. It doesn't irritate nor clog my skin and it doubles as a nice mattifying primer. The only downsides with this ss is that the bottle is pretty small for the price, it can be drying, and it leaves a pretty obvious white cast if you use a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by GiGiQue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG sunscreen for face/neck and arms! I am allergic to everything, including methoxycinnamate--which is impossible to escape in most sunscreens; and I'm very oily and acne-prone. This sunscreen is light, very effective, dries quickly, lasts all day, and really helps to control my oil production. For me, this is not as drying as Biore Face Perfect, which I loved--but could only wear over a skin barrier due to the methoxycinnate. Sunkiller Baby Milk does not dry "white" on me. I can actually just wear this w/o foundation, and look decent. It's a good makeup primer, but I don't need to wear foundation after I've applied this--I sometimes touch-up with powder later in the day when using this. I've worn this to the beach/ocean and after 9 hours the areas covered by this had NOT tanned/sunned, but other areas were; my DH wanted to know how I didn't get sundrenched and he demanded to use "mine" next time. I do still get a little dewey after a long day--I am extremely oily, so I don't have an issue with "drying" like some others have. The bottle is extremely small, so I find it too expensive to use for full body. I have used this for 3 years now. I can only purchase this on EBay, but it's so worth it for me!! It was briefly discontinued, but Ratzillacosme . com posted that this has be re-released for Feb. 2013. It had been replaced with KissMe Kid's, which is very similar (same company)--and which I used w/o a problem. I stocked up on this when it was discontinued, and guard it like gold. If you have no allergies & don't have uber-oily skin, then there's no need to go to the trouble to track this down and buy it. However, if you DO, then I can't recommend this enough. Lastly, it DOES require oil-removal or a makeup remover to effectively remove it all. Some reviews on other sites state that this is not sebum resistant nor water-resistant, but it is for me. Also, my sister broke out because she didn't fully remove it. Like Biore, if you leave it on your skin, you will break out. It's WORTH the extra couple minutes to do so. : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ckristen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite sunscreens. It is hard to find a japanese sunscreen that is all physical. The sunscreen does come in a small bottle but lasts quite a while for me - I do face application only and use other sunscreens for my body. The consistency is a really watery milk that absorbs rather quickly and is clear. I prefer using this sunscreen since it won't interfere with my mineral makeup (mineral makeup by nature has SPF due to it likely containing one or both of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide). I feel the mineral makeup adds a lot more protection to the baby milk. When I am wearing other chemical sunscreens, I won't wear mineral makeup, since mixing chemical and physical sunscreen can degrade the SPF protection. A definite favorite of mine and recommended. Try Ebay if not Sasa to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Janya2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Sunkiller Baby Milk Sunscreen for a more than a year as it is super gentle to my very sensitive skin. If there was a need for more protection, I'd apply double coats of the sunscreen.

For me, there is no need for a foundation, only some concealers and a cheek stain.

Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil is used to clean off this sunscreen, and I use a tiny bit of Fancl Washing Powder to clean it a second time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by xixi350

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was searching for a light, non oily sunscreen for my face. I found this one on sasa.com. All reviews on that website say it's light and non-oily. It is a very light and gentle sunscreen, and not oily at all. It's also very liquid, goes on skin very smooth, absorb fast, doesn't make my skin feel dry or gives any other kind of feeling at all. In fact, it's so light, I don't even feel I wear any sunscreen. Also because of this, I'm not sure if it will work well under strong sun at the beach, but if you use it as a regular day sunscreen for your face, this works very well, and it's very comfortable. Some reviewer says it has whitening effect, I don't find that happen to me. I think sasa only has it in small travel size 30ml for $7, that's not so cheap, but I like the feeling of not wearing any sunscreen, so I think I will buy it again as a daily sunscreen for my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by stellarfungi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Me: 22, sensitive combination skin - oily nose/chin, dry cheeks/forehead.

The product: Asia-only, so if you're American you'll have to order this online. It's around $7 for 1 ounce (about the size of a vitamin C serum) at Sasa.com. The sunscreen filters are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, so this is notable for being one of the very, very few Japanese sunscreens to be PA+++ (PPD 8+) and all-physical. It is also totally fragrance-free and slightly thicker in texture than other milk or fluid type sunscreens, making it a bit easier to apply.

My experience: First, the positives...this is all-physical and COMPLETELY matte/weightless. It definitely has the much-vaunted Japanese sunscreen feel. You could put pretty much any moisturizer (or even a thicker, moisturizing sunscreen) underneath and still be left with no greasy residue...which is good, because it's time for the negatives: this is a little whitening and very, very drying. Granted, I have yet to try using a thick cream underneath, but you'll pretty much have to in order to save your face from becoming the Mojave desert. And all those flakes this creates are very "helpfully" illuminated in white. I wouldn't call it an all-over geisha effect, you won't look like you're wearing a white mask, but any dry areas, stray flakes or excessive peach fuzz WILL stand out.

After all that, why would I still repurchase? Because this could easily be used to mattify another sunscreen, like Blue Lizard Baby SPF 30 or Avene Emulsion SPF 50, to create an end product that sinks in but does not dehydrate your skin.

As an aside...this is the most waterproof sunscreen I've ever used in my entire life. Washing the remains out of my measuring spoon after I'm done applying is a real chore; even harsh detergents barely dent it, and I'll still have sunscreen embedded into my fingerprint swirls hours later.

Ingredients: This being a Japanese sunscreen, and me being an english speaker, I can't post with full confidence as to its ingredients list. I did find one ingredients list online that appears to be accurate, from http://phoebe.pn-np.net/ -

Cyclomethicone, Water, Zinc Oxide, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Squalane, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-9 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tannic Acid, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Rice Bran Sphingoglycolipid, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Edta, Nylon-12, Zirconium Dioxide, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lecithin

continued >>