April 18, 2014 | 573 users online

Lipstick - The Body Shop - Colourglide Lip Colour (Lipstick)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Nohinsara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Excellent lipstick! I have brown sugar (#45 I think) and the colour is rich, glides on so soft. The major difference is that it doesn't dry out my lips and make them peel, so I actually enjoy wearing it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in two shades, 14 and 69. 69 is very pink and 14 is a milder pink. I think I prefer 14 better if you want a simple, sweet look but if you love a bold bright pink than 69 is for you. I like the scent and it goes on easily, leaving a nice matte colour. It also comes off easily though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by zombieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice enough lipstick for me :) I use it more than the other lipsticks I have, but only because of the colour I chose. It has many choice of colours which is great because I really wanted a colour suitable for my skin tone. Although it is quite small, it is really handy to put into small purses. It doesn't stay on for long though. The packaging could have been more uh...interesting? But it isn't really the packaging I love about Body Shop but the products itself :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by riacloud

I own shade 1 of this lipstick, and so far I can say I'm pleased. I've had this lipstick for about 4-5 months. It's very pigmented, moisturising and it glides on. However, it's not food or drink-resistant, and it's all gonna transfer onto the glass unattractively if I take a sip of my drink - I constantly have to reapply it.
The price is also quite high for such a small lipstick - $12.50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These lipsticks are amazing.

They're 9.00 each, and a bit smaller than the average lipstick. They come in a variety of colors, so explore away. They're also very moisturizing and long-lasting. They're sturdy and won't break at the teensiest of pressure, but they still softly glide on. The texture is creamy and the application is smooth. The packaging is very efficient, tidy and convenient for purses or small makeup bags; They're not at all unnecessarily bulky. However, they're definitely not food or drink resistant, so be careful.

I have colors in #54 Pastel Rose and #56 Soft Beige. Pastel Rose is a flattering, soft pink that will most likely compliment any skin tone. Not one bit overwhelming, it's innocent, feminine, and perfect for smokey eyes. Soft Beige is more nude, more natural, and gives a subtle classy, sultry look. For more color intensity, you can build up the layers you apply. Both shades are just absolutely beautiful.

I would definitely re-buy, no questions about it. I recommend everybody to at least try the lipstick, even if they don't think this may do what they're looking for. I first had low expectations, and even after first use, I still thought it was only average. But now, my mind has definitely changed after using it more. Be open minded!

On a side note, if you do plan on ordering them online, be careful; The colors are lighter than they appear in real life. If you can, try to purchase inside the store for a more accurate impression.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by bent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The difference between this lipstick and the others is that it doesnt make your lips dark like all the other ones I've tried. In fact, my pigmented lips have become naturally pink. This is like a free treatment for my lips. I could not live without this lipstick. I have the colors 11-plum, 14-pink ginger, 52-scarlet and 58.

When it fades, it leaves a lovely stain, giving an appearance that my lips were naturally stsined.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by lynea3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! I purchased Berry Shimmer a while back, and have since purchased more high end lipsticks including: MAC, Laura Mercier, and Bouxum ... and guess what? The Body Shop (I am as surprised as you are reading this) by far delivered the **best quality**. The reason I say this is because of the combination of qualities of the delivery of the product --- it's very smooth, yet, the stick itself is sturdy, and the high pigment. It is a little more sheer than some of the MACs, but it is much smoother going on, and even softens the lips. The color choices tend to be less gimicky and honest and true, flattering colors. ALSO: No parabens and no sulfates! The packaging is interesting: The Body Shop wasn't looking to compete with the high ends, but to redefine the standard: the packaging is silver with attractive rounded edges, and makes the product more compact for travel, while not sacrificing the amount of actual product. The result: you have a sturdy product, inside and out, that will be easiest to travel, and maintain it's appearance. Another unique quality about this line is that you can barely feel it on your lips after having applied it; it feels only like a soft balm on your lips.

Because of the high pigment in this amazingly, smooth lipstick, it can help give one more fully defined lips while maintaining a complimentary look, as opposed to one that looks heavy and fake.

It is a fairly, long wearing lipstick, as well, considering how creamy it applies.

The color I selected (Berry Shimmer) is more a light, grape-y color than mauve; if you have fair skin with a yellow or olive, like me, undertone, this is a miracle-worker as far as brightening the complexion. Also, I'm thinking cool tones would do well with this, and especially on darker skin with red undertone (how cute would that be?). It's a highly wearable lip color, albeit, not neutral strictly speaking, just a soft and adaptable, pale grape-y rose.

My next favorite lipstick you can't even buy in the US, so as far as favorites in the US, this has become it. I'm looking forward to treating myself to a new color of the same line.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by zaharielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This comes in a nice range of colors. I have it in #66 (coral splash) and just adore it! I always have lip balm on my lips no matter what and maybe that contributes to the smoothness of this lipstick. I usually stray away from using lipstick, because of my pigmented lips, but I love this one! it's not drying and on my pigmented lips the coral comes out as a beautiful soft watermelony color <3 I got it with the gift card my husband got me for our anniversary.. regularly this retails for $12.50. Considering that you can buy lipsticks for cheaper at the drugstore this one is a little pricier, but I think it is well worth it and once I run out of my current one I definitely plan on repurchasing it! As for the packaging I think it's cute small in silver very sleek, but feels kind of light if not a little cheap compared to the packaging of my mary kay lipstick (0.50cents more than TBS one), which is heavier, black and elegant looking, but then again it looks more expensive than the NYX lipsticks, which are too soft and creamy for my taste, so overall I like my TBS lipstick the best.

You can build up TBS lipsticks from sheer to full color which I love! And I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely lipstick. I have #63, sunset peach. It's more of a peachy toned nude than an actual peach. It looks very natural and very my lips but better but in a peach version. The texture is lovely, it's a nice firm stick, doesn't seem to be one of those ones which will break off at the base, no shimmer whatsoever which I LOVE and it has just an extremely subtle clean makeup scent. Nothing actually scented I don't think.
I bought this with a voucher and I thought it was a bit expensive ($24 AUD) but if I get another voucher I will definitely buy some more of these!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by celialw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own this lipstick in two colours; 55 Pure Blush and 58 Magenta Glow. What I love the most about them is that they make my lips soft! They also are easy to apply without making a mess. The colours are also very bright and lovely, but they don't stay like that very long unfortunately.