Aveeno Active Naturals Hydrating Body Wash

3.7

on 1/30/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry, sensitive skin so once I run out of a body wash, I switch to a different kind. This is the only body wash that I keep in rotation because it doesn't make me break out, smells good and doesn't leave a weird film on my skin, which I suppose is good enough for me. lol Because I have dry skin, I don't get that super-soft feeling like others get but I can say I don't feel like my skin will crack the instant I towel dry.

on 3/24/2014 1:03:00 PM

I thought aveeno was for sensitive skin...
I've tried fash wash from them... didn't like it. Tried lotion, it was ok. Used their baby line for my son, it was great. But this stuff, eh... I had a bad reaction. Every time I used it in the shower I had uncontrollable sneezing fits. My skin didn't feel any more moisturized, it actually turned red and flakey in places. I cut out shampoos, conditioners, soaps... finally I realized it was the aveeno. I was shocked. Allergic to aveeno...I won't try their products again, that's for sure.

on 5/27/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is absolutely without a doubt my favorite body wash! The smell is just heavenly, but I can get why some people find it a little too much, I dont mind it at all. I use it with a loofah and it lathers up quite nicely. It really leaves my skin silky smooth, I dont even need to apply a moisturizer afterwords.

on 3/28/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is great, the smell is absolutely amazing. Makes my arms and legs feel soo soft except I find that it can be a little drying on my legs at times, and I'm guessing that's because of the amount of fragrance in it but who knows. I'm a complete body wash junkie so I don't know if I'll ever buy this again but at least I have something to fall back on :)

on 2/25/2013 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Picked this up in a pack of 3 at BJ's. It came with 2 Fig and 1 Lavender body wash. While I love the formula and the way it makes my skin feel, I don't care for the fig one. I have a *tiny* bathroom and the smell, while nice, is overpowering. I normally don't have any issues with perfumes, however this is too strong for me. I do like the lavender and will buy it again.

on 6/19/2012 5:42:00 PM

I have this in the White Peach/Nectarine (I think) and it is lovely. Creamy and peachy! No stinging or burning ah. down south..and it's really nice on the skin. Smells great!

on 6/7/2012 11:44:00 PM

LOVE this body wash. I really need to preface this saying I'm unimpressed with Aveeno as a brand, just overall, and maybe even more importantly, that I've never before, even once, used an entire bottle of a drugstore body wash.

In that context, here's my review. This is the first body wash I've ever use that actually has the capacity to make my skin feel somewhat moisturized. I typically wash and condition my hair first, wrap it in one of those turban towels, shave, and use this body wash last so I can hop out of the shower before my skin dries out further from the heat. I try to do it in this order because my skin breaks out from conditioner very easily and I go through stupidly great lengths to try to not have conditioner residue on my back and shoulders. Anyway, this process really leaves me with noticeably soft skin. I have dry skin and could absolutely not use this product in place of a moisturizer, but I would never expect that.

I love the packaging - it is really attractive for a drugstore brand. I also like the smell. I honestly can't really say how authentic it is to fresh figs because I think the most I've really eaten of them was in a dried up form, soaked in liquor or inside a Newton. But it smells good; it's a fresh, slightly green scent, and not overly fruity. I wouldn't say it's a "natural" scent, but it does lack an offensive, artificial smell that so many DS body washes have. You also need to use very, very little product to wash your entire body.

This makes me want to give a few more Aveeno products a try. The smell of many of their products is, to me, prohibitive, and besides one of their decent face lotions, I've really disliked everything from the brand. So this is a special find for me. I was hoping they had an accompanying lotion with a matching scent, but we're SOL on that one. Highly recommend it, especially when it's on sale - check your circulars often and you can probably get a great deal!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is the first winter in a long time I haven't broken out with keratosis pilaris or excema on my arms and back (so far). I think it has to do with consistent use of this body wash. (I stick to a fairly consistent and effective detergent-lotion-exfoliating regimen.) I usually use oil of olay w shea or dove sensitive skin soap in the winter to keep my skin calm, but I do enjoy body washes. So glad I gave it a try - my skin has been happy and I really like the smells too. They lather a lot, so a little goes a long way and the bottles last longer than you expect.

on 11/21/2011 2:03:00 PM

I do love Aveeno body washes. Very nice lather and leaves me moisturized, not tight-skinned after shower. I LOVE Fig scents so I had to try this. I don't smell fig or even anything remotely fruity : ( It really smells like baby powder to me. Not really a bad smell, but just not what I was expecting. I'll use this up, but won't repurchase.

on 6/22/2011 1:23:00 AM

Some types of body washes end up drying my skin out and/or smelling chemically/fake-y. Aveno Natural Hydrating Body Wash is NOT one of those body washes! My skin feels so soft after using it and the smell is absolutely divine. Ahhhh, definitely one of my favorites :-)