October 25, 2014 | 1504 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aveeno - Active Naturals Hydrating Body Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I thought aveeno was for sensitive skin...
I've tried fash wash from them... didn't like it. Tried lotion, it was ok. Used their baby line for my son, it was great. But this stuff, eh... I had a bad reaction. Every time I used it in the shower I had uncontrollable sneezing fits. My skin didn't feel any more moisturized, it actually turned red and flakey in places. I cut out shampoos, conditioners, soaps... finally I realized it was the aveeno. I was shocked. Allergic to aveeno...I won't try their products again, that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by SweetTartx3

This is absolutely without a doubt my favorite body wash! The smell is just heavenly, but I can get why some people find it a little too much, I dont mind it at all. I use it with a loofah and it lathers up quite nicely. It really leaves my skin silky smooth, I dont even need to apply a moisturizer afterwords.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by fassbendergal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great, the smell is absolutely amazing. Makes my arms and legs feel soo soft except I find that it can be a little drying on my legs at times, and I'm guessing that's because of the amount of fragrance in it but who knows. I'm a complete body wash junkie so I don't know if I'll ever buy this again but at least I have something to fall back on :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Picked this up in a pack of 3 at BJ's. It came with 2 Fig and 1 Lavender body wash. While I love the formula and the way it makes my skin feel, I don't care for the fig one. I have a *tiny* bathroom and the smell, while nice, is overpowering. I normally don't have any issues with perfumes, however this is too strong for me. I do like the lavender and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the White Peach/Nectarine (I think) and it is lovely. Creamy and peachy! No stinging or burning ah. down south..and it's really nice on the skin. Smells great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this body wash. I really need to preface this saying I'm unimpressed with Aveeno as a brand, just overall, and maybe even more importantly, that I've never before, even once, used an entire bottle of a drugstore body wash.

In that context, here's my review. This is the first body wash I've ever use that actually has the capacity to make my skin feel somewhat moisturized. I typically wash and condition my hair first, wrap it in one of those turban towels, shave, and use this body wash last so I can hop out of the shower before my skin dries out further from the heat. I try to do it in this order because my skin breaks out from conditioner very easily and I go through stupidly great lengths to try to not have conditioner residue on my back and shoulders. Anyway, this process really leaves me with noticeably soft skin. I have dry skin and could absolutely not use this product in place of a moisturizer, but I would never expect that.

I love the packaging - it is really attractive for a drugstore brand. I also like the smell. I honestly can't really say how authentic it is to fresh figs because I think the most I've really eaten of them was in a dried up form, soaked in liquor or inside a Newton. But it smells good; it's a fresh, slightly green scent, and not overly fruity. I wouldn't say it's a "natural" scent, but it does lack an offensive, artificial smell that so many DS body washes have. You also need to use very, very little product to wash your entire body.

This makes me want to give a few more Aveeno products a try. The smell of many of their products is, to me, prohibitive, and besides one of their decent face lotions, I've really disliked everything from the brand. So this is a special find for me. I was hoping they had an accompanying lotion with a matching scent, but we're SOL on that one. Highly recommend it, especially when it's on sale - check your circulars often and you can probably get a great deal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first winter in a long time I haven't broken out with keratosis pilaris or excema on my arms and back (so far). I think it has to do with consistent use of this body wash. (I stick to a fairly consistent and effective detergent-lotion-exfoliating regimen.) I usually use oil of olay w shea or dove sensitive skin soap in the winter to keep my skin calm, but I do enjoy body washes. So glad I gave it a try - my skin has been happy and I really like the smells too. They lather a lot, so a little goes a long way and the bottles last longer than you expect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do love Aveeno body washes. Very nice lather and leaves me moisturized, not tight-skinned after shower. I LOVE Fig scents so I had to try this. I don't smell fig or even anything remotely fruity : ( It really smells like baby powder to me. Not really a bad smell, but just not what I was expecting. I'll use this up, but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ellieface23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Some types of body washes end up drying my skin out and/or smelling chemically/fake-y. Aveno Natural Hydrating Body Wash is NOT one of those body washes! My skin feels so soft after using it and the smell is absolutely divine. Ahhhh, definitely one of my favorites :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aveeno Active Naturals Hydrating Body Wash is my favourite body wash! There are many scents to choose from (my personal favourite is the lavender one. So calming!) It lathers on really nice, and leaves my skin feeling so amazingly soft. I've tried many different body washes, but none of them are as good as this one!