September 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Prada - L'Eau Ambree Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by scj

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lotion smells incredible and lasts and lasts on my skin. It leaves me smelling wonderful and my skin silky smooth. The bottle is a little bit "different" but not unmanageable. It is worth the bother, the lotion is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by 2Banonymous

really addictive smell, this was the first bodylotion i purchased again after the first bottle i bought. Normally i get bored very soon by a fragrance or body lotion, and i never buy the same brand twice...until i discovered this one.
The packaging is beautifull but very unpractical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Prada Ambree body lotion reminds me a lot of Shalimar and
Vol de Nuit. It's not a true amber, but a powdery oriental. I like the
simplicity of the bottle design, but the lotion is hard to get out of
the bottle. The lotion is different from the juice, so if you didn't
like the juice and do like Shalimar, give the lotion a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't going to buy this body lotion originally, only the fragrance itself, for several reasons, including the hefty proce tag (approx. $60 CAD, $50 USD for 200 ml/6.75 fl. oz.), but I caved and I am glad I did.
The main reason for buying it was the fact that I wanted to prolong the staying power of the fragrance itself by layering this underneath. I think I may have succeeded somewhat, but irrespective of that, this is one wonderful body lotion.
If you have read my review on the fragrance itself, you will know by now that I love Prada fragrances and own all of them. But, my experience with Prada body lotions so far is 1 for 1. I loved the classic Prada body lotion for its power and longevity, but I cannot say I was too crazy about the Infusion d'Iris one, which BTW I also bought to extend the power and longevity of that fragrance (but I just find the body lotion too weak scent-wise).
L'Eau Ambree was a pleasant surprise. In terms of the scent intensity in the actual body lotion, it actually resembles classic Prada's body lotion more than Infusion d'Iris - it packs the scent, but it is not overpowering. Those who may find (for some reason) that fragrance itself is too much, will probably love the body lotion, too. I find that the body lotion contains a lot more base notes than top notes of this fragrance, but I don't mind that. The body lotion also has that typical Prada "clean" feel/smell - not sure if I am making sense here, but if you use Prada fragrances you will know what I am talking about.
As your skin warms up throughout the day, you will get a sense that this body lotion "fused" with your skin and it will smell just like better you. Again, not sure if I make sense here, but you will just have to try it :-) For notes, see my review on the actual fragrance.
Two negatives for me: price and packaging (somewhat).
The price is high (I just can't justify $60 CAD for a body lotion!!!!), so I use it only where I spray fragrance, not on the entire body. Packaging could've been better. It resembles the fragrance bottle itself, but I find it's a bit awkward for the body lotion as it is somewhat difficult to control the amount of body lotion that comes out of it as it is a bit bulky and challenging in shape. I would've prefered thinner bottle and with the mini-hole on the top (or a pump) to be able to better control the amount of lotion that comes out.
But, aside from those two relatively minor annoyances, I simply love this lotion.