September 21, 2014 | 1154 users online

Sunscreen - Boots - No7 Anti-Dark Spot Facial Sun Protection 50+

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by poppypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too heavy for my skin but I use it daily under my eyes, over eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I've got this in SPF30 and love it as an everyday moisturiser.

PROS:
- Doesn't irritate my skin or eyes, so I can use it all over
- Does leave me looking shiny (and I've got dry cheeks!) but it goes away after a while, and I don't mind anyway
- Works well under makeup
- Smells ok, doesn't bother me (lots of things do)
- Always on offer in Boots so you can get it for about 6 - which means I don't mind going through loads of these and I apply it to my neck and hands often as well :)
- Also love the upside-down squeezy tube packaging!

CONS: I reckon on oily skin you'd look rather greasy, but for so cheap you can give it a go anyway. If anything you could use it for hands/neck.

UPDATE! Now that it's summer/ warmer here, I do find this makes me look and feel too greasy! I'll start using this again when it's getting colder and my skin's a bit drier. Either way, still a great product imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Clustertums

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my holiday abroad and was very pleased with it.Gave great protection without being too heavy or greasy,it also gave skin a nice glowy finish will certainly buy this product again .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I find this to be really greasy on my normal skin & it breaks me out. My mother has really dry skin and used this after I gave it up, she found it made her oily too. It leaves a white cast on my NC42 skintone aswell. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Deb78

This has pretty much become my go-to sun protection. Its pretty cheap (as another reviewer noted its almost always on special offer in Boots), it sinks in quickly, gives me no nasty reactions and has a lovely, satiny finish. I use it under my makeup and it works really well as a base- I think its fabulous considering how high the sun protection in it is. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by madeupstories

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Good: 10 for 50ml, but it's almost always on special offer at Boots. I got mine for 5. Comes in your standard squeeze tube so it's easy and hygenic to get the amount you need. PPD of 30, mix of chemical and physical. Leaves no white cast and dries down to a satiny finish after 30mins. Less sticky and makes a better base for makeup than Avene SPF 50.

The Bad: After 2 weeks of daily use, I started getting painful clogged pores all over my forehead which never happens. Stopped using it and they are going away. However I do have sensitive skin so you might have better luck.

The Odd: When this stuff goes off, it smells like rotting fish. So don't stock up too many. Ask me how I know.

16 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by susie03

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eureka! A high spf/PPD SS that soaks in easily isn't shiny and leaves no white cast. I've tried most of the favourite Euro SS and this is hands down my favourite. It has a truly matte finish and although it has mica for 'illumination' I don't notice any sparkles. According to the Boots rating system the PPD of this must be in excess of 30 and I have to say having worn it on the sunniest of days for long walks and as a Retin-A user I noticed no change in colour whatsoever and that's without reapplying.
The best thing about this is that it really soaks quickly into your skin. With most other high PPD facial SS I have to wait 10mins to get rid of the shine before it's possible to apply make-up. (Which goes on like a dream with this as primer.) This is immediately matte. It also has rather a nice finish on its own for make-up free days.
It's about 11 for 50ml and often on some sort of offer in the UK. I recently bought 3 tubes for 17 with a combination of 3 for 2 and a 5 voucher.
There is a faint scent but I experienced no irritation at all and though I don't have very sensitive skin I can get some slight stinging from many strong SS.
This has been around in the Uk for a few years now and I don't know why it took me so long to try it but I'm so glad I finally have.