August 30, 2014 | 1688 users online

Stick - Kryolan - TV Paint Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This is one of my favourite foundations. It has the greatest coverage of any foundation I have ever used. It literally covers like cement. However, I only wear this foundation on special occasions and I stick to Revlon Colorstay for everyday use, because I find that this particular foundation is very oily and makes me break out with big massive cystic pimples. Which totally sucks because this foundation is great. So if you suffer from acne prone skin like me, I would still say go for it, but be very very careful because this will make you explode with pimples if you aren't careful. It comes in a wide variety of shades and you can blend this well. Apparently this is more of a stage make up, so that's another reason why you shouldn't wear it everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to the Kryolan shop in Berlin, and the super nice sales assistant helped me find my perfect match. I'm Mac nc15-20 (maybe a nc17) and I got the Paint Stick in F1. I don't know what F really stands for but it's F for Fantastic for me, because this is the only thing that is 101% my own skintone, I love it.

Unfortunately I didn't think it was amazing as a foundation, it covered great but I have combination skin and mild rosacea, and close-up I think it settled in my pores too much and made them more visible, so it went to the back of my foundations trey.

A year passed by and I thought about using this as a concealer because I'm also having a hard time finding a perfect concealer, well, I found it...Seriously this works amazing as a concealer, I first use a little primer as I usually do, then dab the stick with my concealer-buffer brush (zoeva, check it out, real nice) and go over anything, blemish, redness, the super dark circles around my eyes, its like using an eraser head on your face...Just excellent coverage, zero creasing, and I'm talking 12 hours+

The scent is vintage perfumery, it literally smells like Madamme Rochas and Hermes Rouge, but don't fret, once it's on your face, the fragrance fades. You aren't stuck with it all day.

Even though I said I'd buy this again, seeing this contains an ounce of product and I use it as a concealer, it will probably either go bad, or outlive me.

All in all, out of 5 stars I'll give it 3 stars as a foundation and 10 as a concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by sandracruz

Coverage: Full. minimal caking,settling on fine lines, wrinkles. Covers completely all skin discolorations. It's my transformer. One can sheer it down by using kryolan makeup blend or other mixing medium.

Oxidation: none

Durability: 12+ hours, when set properly. It's meant to be used under hot stage lights, strobes, etc

Spreadability: Spreads like butter, covers like a cement.

Finish: Satin/dewy for me. Others report it to be matte.

I use this foundation whenever I do drag or cosplay. It's a concealer and foundation in one. Very photogenic. Can be used as base layer for other foundations as well.

What's not good is the shade confusion. It's very hard to find an exact shade, as what looks good on daytime is a different story under nighttime/ flash photography. I went to kyrolan san francisco store to be skin matched, but the SA gave me a very olive shade. So I figured out the right shade myself by trial and error, ordering from ebay and kryolan online store.

All in all, I love this foundation. I will repurchase if ran out, but it takes FOREVER to empty the stick.

One more thing. Kryolan, please release this formulation in palette form, as well as palette refills (like supra, aqua and dermacolor). Please!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by janisf9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, LOVE the Kryolan TV Paint Stick 5047 foundation. First apply your favorite moisturizer / sunscreen and or / glycerin to your clean skin. I use cream blush UNDER my stick makeup to balance out my pink cheeks. All of these creams then allow for the perfect blending base for Kryolan TV Paint Stick. Then use loose powder. It is very tough to know the best Kryolan shade though. Max Factor Pan Stiks are being sold at ridiculous prices since they have been phased out. Kryolan stick is the perfect replacement - same great coverage as the discontinued Pan Stik. The quantity in Kryolan is larger than the Max Factor stiks. We do not want this German product to also be discontinued. I determined on my own, after sending a sample into two different websites and receiving completely off-of-the-mark "matches," that shade 4W is the closest replacement Kryolan shade for my Max Factor 109 medium. The 4W is slightly different with more pink than Max Factor 109 medium, but it works. I would need to go into a store that sells Kryolan to find an exact shade match. The 3W is slightly lighter than Max Factor 109; it does not work for me. The 2W works on some of my face, since I believe the pink shades are 2W and 4W whereas the slightly warmer shades are 1W and 3W.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

EDIT____________

OK this looks VERY orange on me now -_-
Also only survives 2hrs before vanishing. That could be my combo skin though!

The good
great on oily skin
great coverage
mega cheap
non irritating
not cakey
easy and quick application

the not so good
not sure how it looks in flash photography
doesnt last as long as my mac studio fix (will try other primers)
shade confusion! over in mac I wear c4.5/nc30 which area bit dark on me. I got told fs are good for asian skintones. I wear fs45 ...a little lighter but the shade below is too dark! will be a while till I get a perfect match.

this stuff is still ACE!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by gwain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply love this foundation and i always apply it when i go to parties.This stick gives a heavy coverage but it really blends well into the skin without making it look cakey.I think this foundation is best for a night out especially for night parties because in the light the face looks really ivory and glowing.I love this stick and will keep on buying it and will also suggest to other people.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have problematic skin like mine you'd love this because it gives full coverage without caking your face if you apply it properly. I use kryolan tv paint stick in NB (light asian skin with yellow undertones) after my normal liquid foundation. I use foundation brush, because wet sponge didn't work for me. It doesn't smell nor feel heavy on face. This does clog pores, but i think its okay to wear it daily as long as you wash your face very neatly. Too bad it can't hold up to my oily skin, after several hours i will get really oily and have to blot. I don't like blotting because it ruins the makeup sometimes. Setting it with powder around the t zone will make it less oily. But overall i will repurchase since it's the only thing that actually cover all my flaws.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by willh0pkins

This product is my go to product when I need a full coverage foundation but I usually only use it as a concealer as it is a very heavy duty product. However this product will cover ANYTHING. Ive used it in the past for beard shadow cover, eyebrow cover and even tattoo cover. It is almost 100% waterproof when set with a powder and personally I really like the smell of it (it smells a bit like hot cross buns?). The best part about this product is it lasts forever and a little goes a long way, and for the price I paid (£10.20) its one of the best deals I have ever come across.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by theresejacky

Wow, this product was a real hard review to write for! Mixed feelings in the beginning. I tested it for about 2 months.

Positive:
-It's true: you only need a small amount for the effect.
-Price-quantity is great. I bought a sample for 2,99 euro's!
-The product is buildable and it does blend with small amounts.
-For me, it provides good coverage. (It will not hide tattoos for example).
-It has a good finish, when blended well. Do use a fixing/transluc. powder to set and of you can, a primer.
-I use it as a concealer. I only needed to re-apply once a day. With previous concealers I needed to re-apply several times a day.

Negatives:
-The smell. It is bearable and you will get used to it. But is is not a natural fragrance.
-It is hard to use it as a 'stand-alone' product. If you want it to work, you do need to take precautions like fixer and for some, primer.
-One needs to get used to the product: you need to experiment with a suitable technique for applying and not over-dosing.

I hope this helps. Of course, this is just my experiment. I am satisfied and would buy it again. I am however, still looking for that awesome conccealer/foundation like so many others out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this inexpensive gem in Orange for use as a corrector and it's great. As you apply it, you can actually see the dark areas neutralizing significantly. A light covering of concealer after addresses the issue completely. I'm happy I found this.