December 22, 2014 | 1658 users online

Stick - Kryolan - TV Paint Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by JohannaJeannett

Where has this product been all my life? Why am I barely discovering it? I have searched endlessly for a foundation that covers my acne and acne scarring (currently on Retin-A) and no luck! Until now. I received it yesterday and was anxious to try it for the first time today and boy am I impressed! I didn't want to use this product all over my face, so I used it as a concealer. It blended beautifully onto my skin and it concealed like no other. Seriously, like butter. After applying primer I concealed with this product, then added a touch of bb cream on top. I got the most natural, radiant, healthy looking skin ever. Ugh! Love!!!

I ordered shade FS26 from their website for $21.75
For reference I am:
MAC NC37-40
Urban Decay Naked 6-7
Tarte Amazonian Clay in Tan
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No.27

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by amelia005

Have to update this after having worn it for over a month I can't stand this foundation. I really wanted to get used to it and have tried everything to try to like this product - primer, waterproof fixing powder on top, powder underneath, blotting, buffing it in, setting spray, hairspray! Everything! Nothing helps. It is way too heavy, I am constantly sticky and can feel it on me all day. It is always shiny and never sets even with powder, waterproof or otherwise, it even wets your mascara so that you get panda eyes during the day. It always feels like I've smeared thick grease on my face. Transfers everywhere. Such a shame because the coverage is great. As a brand, Kryolan is very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by rubyharliah25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been wanting to purchase this makeup for so long, I had to order it on the kryolan website & choosing the perfect shade is hard!!
After researching a great deal, I decided to go with 4W. It's a good shade for medium tone white skin, but for me it's too pink based. I can definitely get away with it, but my skin looks better with a yellow based foundation.
Today however, I received a different shade (FS45) & it is perfect for my skin! I use NC30 in Mac & look 3 in the napoleons perdis makeup stick, the FS45 tv paint stick is a near perfect match with both. I have fair skin, I get spray tans every week though (not overly dark) and my skin type is dry/normal. I have personally never broken out from wearing this foundation though I can see it happening with sensitive/oily/acne prone skin.
Coverage is buildable, and if applied directly after primer with a damp sponge, is super easy to apply/blend. I set mine with Mac mineralize powder in medium.

It has a beautiful creamy consistency, has great lasting power & I definitely recommend it if you want a full coverage foundation!!
For the price au $45, it's great value...a little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by lissa2m

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this tv stick. I use it occasionally when I go for a party and it covers my flaws effortlessly. Its quite heavy though so like others experience u may not wanna use it everyday. I have a light one and a darker one for contouring but its only suitable for night makeup. I bought these two colours as the vendor I bought from didnt have any testers. Ill probably go to a proper kryolan shop next time to get my skin tone colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This is one of my favourite foundations. It has the greatest coverage of any foundation I have ever used. It literally covers like cement. However, I only wear this foundation on special occasions and I stick to Revlon Colorstay for everyday use, because I find that this particular foundation is very oily and makes me break out with big massive cystic pimples. Which totally sucks because this foundation is great. So if you suffer from acne prone skin like me, I would still say go for it, but be very very careful because this will make you explode with pimples if you aren't careful. It comes in a wide variety of shades and you can blend this well. Apparently this is more of a stage make up, so that's another reason why you shouldn't wear it everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to the Kryolan shop in Berlin, and the super nice sales assistant helped me find my perfect match. I'm Mac nc15-20 (maybe a nc17) and I got the Paint Stick in F1. I don't know what F really stands for but it's F for Fantastic for me, because this is the only thing that is 101% my own skintone, I love it.

Unfortunately I didn't think it was amazing as a foundation, it covered great but I have combination skin and mild rosacea, and close-up I think it settled in my pores too much and made them more visible, so it went to the back of my foundations trey.

A year passed by and I thought about using this as a concealer because I'm also having a hard time finding a perfect concealer, well, I found it...Seriously this works amazing as a concealer, I first use a little primer as I usually do, then dab the stick with my concealer-buffer brush (zoeva, check it out, real nice) and go over anything, blemish, redness, the super dark circles around my eyes, its like using an eraser head on your face...Just excellent coverage, zero creasing, and I'm talking 12 hours+

The scent is vintage perfumery, it literally smells like Madamme Rochas and Hermes Rouge, but don't fret, once it's on your face, the fragrance fades. You aren't stuck with it all day.

Even though I said I'd buy this again, seeing this contains an ounce of product and I use it as a concealer, it will probably either go bad, or outlive me.

All in all, out of 5 stars I'll give it 3 stars as a foundation and 10 as a concealer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by sandracruz

Coverage: Full. minimal caking,settling on fine lines, wrinkles. Covers completely all skin discolorations. It's my transformer. One can sheer it down by using kryolan makeup blend or other mixing medium.

Oxidation: none

Durability: 12+ hours, when set properly. It's meant to be used under hot stage lights, strobes, etc

Spreadability: Spreads like butter, covers like a cement.

Finish: Satin/dewy for me. Others report it to be matte.

I use this foundation whenever I do drag or cosplay. It's a concealer and foundation in one. Very photogenic. Can be used as base layer for other foundations as well.

What's not good is the shade confusion. It's very hard to find an exact shade, as what looks good on daytime is a different story under nighttime/ flash photography. I went to kyrolan san francisco store to be skin matched, but the SA gave me a very olive shade. So I figured out the right shade myself by trial and error, ordering from ebay and kryolan online store.

All in all, I love this foundation. I will repurchase if ran out, but it takes FOREVER to empty the stick.

One more thing. Kryolan, please release this formulation in palette form, as well as palette refills (like supra, aqua and dermacolor). Please!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by janisf9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, LOVE the Kryolan TV Paint Stick 5047 foundation. First apply your favorite moisturizer / sunscreen and or / glycerin to your clean skin. I use cream blush UNDER my stick makeup to balance out my pink cheeks. All of these creams then allow for the perfect blending base for Kryolan TV Paint Stick. Then use loose powder. It is very tough to know the best Kryolan shade though. Max Factor Pan Stiks are being sold at ridiculous prices since they have been phased out. Kryolan stick is the perfect replacement - same great coverage as the discontinued Pan Stik. The quantity in Kryolan is larger than the Max Factor stiks. We do not want this German product to also be discontinued. I determined on my own, after sending a sample into two different websites and receiving completely off-of-the-mark "matches," that shade 4W is the closest replacement Kryolan shade for my Max Factor 109 medium. The 4W is slightly different with more pink than Max Factor 109 medium, but it works. I would need to go into a store that sells Kryolan to find an exact shade match. The 3W is slightly lighter than Max Factor 109; it does not work for me. The 2W works on some of my face, since I believe the pink shades are 2W and 4W whereas the slightly warmer shades are 1W and 3W.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

EDIT____________

OK this looks VERY orange on me now -_-
Also only survives 2hrs before vanishing. That could be my combo skin though!

The good
great on oily skin
great coverage
mega cheap
non irritating
not cakey
easy and quick application

the not so good
not sure how it looks in flash photography
doesnt last as long as my mac studio fix (will try other primers)
shade confusion! over in mac I wear c4.5/nc30 which area bit dark on me. I got told fs are good for asian skintones. I wear fs45 ...a little lighter but the shade below is too dark! will be a while till I get a perfect match.

this stuff is still ACE!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by gwain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply love this foundation and i always apply it when i go to parties.This stick gives a heavy coverage but it really blends well into the skin without making it look cakey.I think this foundation is best for a night out especially for night parties because in the light the face looks really ivory and glowing.I love this stick and will keep on buying it and will also suggest to other people.