Kryolan TV Paint Stick

4.3

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Kaolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Tocopherol, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Oleth-10, Laneth-40, Polybutene, Lanolin Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Linalool, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Ultramarines CI 77007, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 7 Lake CI 15850, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Red 22 Lake CI 45380, Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Bronze or Copper Powder CI 77400, Aluminum Powder CI 77000, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Tin Oxide, Mica] (EU seulement/only: CI 77266, CI 58000, CI 77120, CI 74160, CI 74260, CI 11680, CI 73015) May contain carmine as a color additive.

on 5/22/2015 6:07:00 PM

It is indeed a thick cream on the greasier side, but if you blend and buff it into the skin in reasonable amount and then lightly powder it, its great. Despite the thicker consistency it leaves a natural, non-cakey finish and feels relatively light on the skin. The shades? Heaven. The packaging is...how to say it, Retro? Gray, sturdy and actually very practical, it just looks like made 40 years ago :D

on 4/14/2015 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I just love this stick! I saw it for the first time at a beauty salon and after trying it out once, I decided to buy it. It lasts for a very long time and covers really well.
In all the foundations I've ever used, this one is my favorite - but it's not suitable for everyday use. I have combination skin so some parts of my face got dry due to my obsession to this product. But still I use it for special occasions and I'm quite satisfied with the result.

Whenever I use this, my friends ask me if I put that cashmere-looking foundation on my face, and it really gives your skin that look.

And since Kryolan is cruelty-free, I will keep buying this stick (but seems impossible to finish it until its expiration date!).

on 4/2/2015 9:53:00 AM

Most heaviest foundation in the world. But I keep buying it because its a must have product for special days. I dont recommend it for daily use.

on 2/1/2015 3:10:00 AM

PEOPLE SUFFERING WITH ACNE SCARRING REJOICE!!!

This is my HG foundation!! I have ALOT to cover and this handles everything without me needing any kind of correcting concealer, the only exception being my under eyes. The packaging is a twist up tube and it is super easy to use with little to no wastage.
There is a bit of a trick to using this though so, if after your first few uses you haven't quite managed to get the type of coverage you're looking for, keep experimenting!! Yes, this foundation is more widely known for having complete full on coverage, and yes, it definitely has the ability to do that. What isn't so widely known is that it can also give what i would call a light coverage.
For a full coverage, you want to use that baby straight out of the tube. I like to rub a bit on the back of my hand to use with my Sigma F80 and then just apply it to my face in circular motions directly to my face. I NEVER set this foundation. In fact, the only places I set my base is under my eyes and on my forehead where I've applied concealer as a highlight. I do have an oily complexion though so I do touch up during the day. Firstly I remove the oil by blotting a tissue on my face where needed. I then use the Sigma F80 brush to kind of move my foundation around to freshen it up a bit. This method works quite well for me.

Now, every now and then, I'll wake up, check myself out in the mirror and say "Giiiirrrrl, you didn't do anything different in your night routine but dayyum your skin is looking on point!" and I'll only want a light or medium coverage. For a Medium coverage, I wet my brush, use a paper towel to soak up some of the water and continue to apply using my F80 as above. For a light coverage, I'll apply the foundation while my primer is still drying on my skin. now for this method, you need to work fast and you won't be able to use a mattifying primer. I use the primer from Australis (which by the way, I feel is super under rated!). I press it into my skin and immediately start to blend the TV stick into it with my F80. Works a treat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Where has this product been all my life? Why am I barely discovering it? I have searched endlessly for a foundation that covers my acne and acne scarring (currently on Retin-A) and no luck! Until now. I received it yesterday and was anxious to try it for the first time today and boy am I impressed! I didn't want to use this product all over my face, so I used it as a concealer. It blended beautifully onto my skin and it concealed like no other. Seriously, like butter. After applying primer I concealed with this product, then added a touch of bb cream on top. I got the most natural, radiant, healthy looking skin ever. Ugh! Love!!!

I ordered shade FS26 from their website for $21.75
For reference I am:
MAC NC37-40
Urban Decay Naked 6-7
Tarte Amazonian Clay in Tan
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No.27

P.S. In no way do I recommend using this foundation all over your face. Use it as a concealer prior to applying foundation to obtain the most flawless finish. I got a shade darker than my skin tone and it really helps concealing my scars. Xo

on 10/21/2014 5:42:00 PM

Have to update this after having worn it for over a month I can't stand this foundation. I really wanted to get used to it and have tried everything to try to like this product - primer, waterproof fixing powder on top, powder underneath, blotting, buffing it in, setting spray, hairspray! Everything! Nothing helps. It is way too heavy, I am constantly sticky and can feel it on me all day. It is always shiny and never sets even with powder, waterproof or otherwise, it even wets your mascara so that you get panda eyes during the day. It always feels like I've smeared thick grease on my face. Transfers everywhere. Such a shame because the coverage is great. As a brand, Kryolan is very disappointing.

on 10/21/2014 2:34:00 AM

I had been wanting to purchase this makeup for so long, I had to order it on the kryolan website & choosing the perfect shade is hard!!
After researching a great deal, I decided to go with 4W. It's a good shade for medium tone white skin, but for me it's too pink based. I can definitely get away with it, but my skin looks better with a yellow based foundation.
Today however, I received a different shade (FS45) & it is perfect for my skin! I use NC30 in Mac & look 3 in the napoleons perdis makeup stick, the FS45 tv paint stick is a near perfect match with both. I have fair skin, I get spray tans every week though (not overly dark) and my skin type is dry/normal. I have personally never broken out from wearing this foundation though I can see it happening with sensitive/oily/acne prone skin.
Coverage is buildable, and if applied directly after primer with a damp sponge, is super easy to apply/blend. I set mine with Mac mineralize powder in medium.

It has a beautiful creamy consistency, has great lasting power & I definitely recommend it if you want a full coverage foundation!!
For the price au $45, it's great value...a little goes a long way!

on 9/5/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this tv stick. I use it occasionally when I go for a party and it covers my flaws effortlessly. Its quite heavy though so like others experience u may not wanna use it everyday. I have a light one and a darker one for contouring but its only suitable for night makeup. I bought these two colours as the vendor I bought from didnt have any testers. Ill probably go to a proper kryolan shop next time to get my skin tone colour.

on 3/14/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favourite foundations. It has the greatest coverage of any foundation I have ever used. It literally covers like cement. However, I only wear this foundation on special occasions and I stick to Revlon Colorstay for everyday use, because I find that this particular foundation is very oily and makes me break out with big massive cystic pimples. Which totally sucks because this foundation is great. So if you suffer from acne prone skin like me, I would still say go for it, but be very very careful because this will make you explode with pimples if you aren't careful. It comes in a wide variety of shades and you can blend this well. Apparently this is more of a stage make up, so that's another reason why you shouldn't wear it everyday.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I went to the Kryolan shop in Berlin, and the super nice sales assistant helped me find my perfect match. I'm Mac nc15-20 (maybe a nc17) and I got the Paint Stick in F1. I don't know what F really stands for but it's F for Fantastic for me, because this is the only thing that is 101% my own skintone, I love it.

Unfortunately I didn't think it was amazing as a foundation, it covered great but I have combination skin and mild rosacea, and close-up I think it settled in my pores too much and made them more visible, so it went to the back of my foundations trey.

A year passed by and I thought about using this as a concealer because I'm also having a hard time finding a perfect concealer, well, I found it...Seriously this works amazing as a concealer, I first use a little primer as I usually do, then dab the stick with my concealer-buffer brush (zoeva, check it out, real nice) and go over anything, blemish, redness, the super dark circles around my eyes, its like using an eraser head on your face...Just excellent coverage, zero creasing, and I'm talking 12 hours+

The scent is vintage perfumery, it literally smells like Madamme Rochas and Hermes Rouge, but don't fret, once it's on your face, the fragrance fades. You aren't stuck with it all day.

Even though I said I'd buy this again, seeing this contains an ounce of product and I use it as a concealer, it will probably either go bad, or outlive me.

All in all, out of 5 stars I'll give it 3 stars as a foundation and 10 as a concealer.