October 2, 2014 | 1763 users online

Lip Gloss - Aveda - Lip Shine in Golden Prism

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I received Golden Prism in a set with Pomelo for Christmas. I love Pomelo, but Golden Prism does absolutely nothing for me. There is no sparkle, no shine, nothing. I can't tell there is anything with any sort of color on my lips no matter how much I apply. The only reason I even gave it one lippie instead of zero is because it moisturizes. I think if I ran out of chapstick, I would use this as a replacement until I got more. Otherwise, I it will just sit in my drawer. I wish I would have never opened it. Maybe I could have swapped.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I am a big fan of Aveda. Usually one of the draws is the scent. That is not the case with this lip gloss. It does not have a bad smell, but there isn't anything special about it at all.

I received this as a free gift with purchase from Aveda. I got a travel size, which is fun and slips easily into my bag. But it's a little too ordinary for me I guess. Nothing special on any level. If you're drawn to this color, please note aside from the appearance in the tube, there isn't anything gloden about it as far as I can tell.

It lasts about as long as most other glosses on the market. It's (and I know this will be odd for most) a little too runny or non-sticky for me. I like my glosses a little thicker so they stay where I want them. This kinda' feels more like I just ate something greasy moreso than I have a gloss on my lips.

I use it around the house to maintain mositure. But to be frank, I would prefer a dab of Vaseline just as much as this product. Sorry, Aveda! I do like Aveda's other glosses in the tube with the wand better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a decent, average lasting, moisturizing lip gloss in a gold toned/clear base. It looks very glittery in the tube, but the glitter does not overwhelm upon application. The gloss appears sheer and reflective, with only the slightest gold tone shimmer. I pair this gloss with a variety of lip sticks, especially nude lip colors, and find that the combination looks elegant and perfect for daily use. The texture is smoother than most glosses, and only mildly sticky, which likely accounts for the fact that the gloss is not long lasting. I don't think this gloss is worth $16, but have been repurchasing it because I have not been able to find another gloss that produces the same color and look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this lipgloss as a gift and it's unlike any other lipgloss I've ever owned. Upon initial application, I was not particularly pleased with the waxy smell of the lipgloss and suspected maybe it had gone bad, but then I noticed a faint peppermint smell. I'm assuming Aveda approaches their cosmetics like their hair products and try not to overload them with artificial scents?
Golden Prism appears as a light gold gloss loaded with glitter overload in the tube. It applies pretty much sheer, but the tiny glitter pieces actually translate quite well. The sparkles are a little too large to be considered a mere "shimmer" but not obnoxiously bulky glitter particles. They seem to emit a golden and pinkish type of sparkle and the gloss itself is highly glossy.
As far as the consistency and staying power go - the gloss is probably of medium thickness and somewhere in between slippery and sticky and it stays on decently, but wears off nicely being that it's very sheer. However do beware of glitter debris - you're likely to track glitter all over your face if you choose to wipe this off with you hand (like I occasionally do).
Most of my lipglosses are just plain shimmery nudes so this is a nice change (as I do not like opaque or dark lip products).
The applicator is great, the squeeze tube slanted applicator - seems far more hygienic than the dip in doe-foot or brush.
If I ever use this up I may consider purchasing it again .