August 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Studio Line Single Eyeshadow in Raspberry Truffle

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shade was just mediocre for me. It did not apply to the lid as it looked in the pan. In the pan I was expecting a red/purple leaning brown with a nice sheen. What it looks like on the lid is a not particularly special muddy reddish brown with little depth of color. I've had issues with this product creasing rather quickly, though haven't had any issues with fallout. It blends ok enough, the texture is acceptable though nothing special. Overall a neither here nor there shade that I could have gone without purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

First of all I can't believe I paid $10 for this on crush cosmetics as I live in Australia!! Now I shop on beauty joint & these are $4 on there much cheaper. Now onto the product, I believe elf put more money into the packaging of this product but not the actual eyeshadow. Lots of fall out and even though the colour is the pan is quiet nice & dark the pigment of the product is quiet poor. I really wanted to love this product as the colour in the pan is so pretty but doesn't come up on eyes that colour :( I recommend nyx single eyeshadows instead!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I've been collecting raspberry/plummy/red-toned eyeshadows lately and this was one of my most recent additions. It's a beautiful red-toned brown color with shimmer. I didn't find there to be any powdery fall out as others have noted. Maybe the formula was changed or its all in how you apply it?

I use maybelline pomegranate punk as a colored base and then layer raspberry truffle over it. Blended out with MAC's swiss chocolate and finished it off with black winged liner and loads of mascara. Viola! The perfect fall eye look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

color is quite pigmented, but way too much fallout. I like to use this over black eyeliner to smudge it out and it looks nice. The packaging is nice. don't think i could recommend this to anyone, and I highly doubt i'll ever run out (i use it every now and then, everytime forgetting how much of a mess it makes, because it really does look nice with my blue eyes)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by jordansmommy310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I was in love with the color. It looks perfect for a Fall look. When I tried it out for the first time I didn't like it. It has too much fallout and the color wasn't rich it was dull even with UDPP. Overall its collecting dust in vanity.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by paranoiaa

Didn't think I'd like this for two reasons:
1. I bought a coppery toned E.L.F. cream eyeshadow recently and the reddish tone in it really brought out the redness in my skin, which was not pretty. I thought this would come out rather coppery as well, judging from the name/reviews
2. There was a scrape in the pan when I first got it (but I couldn't be bothered to return it, so I just sanitized it on my own)
BUT, I couldn't resist myself, because it looked sooooo pretty in the video by AModelRecommends (not affiliated!) and was so cheap, so I thought, well, whatever I'll just give it a go.
And BOY... am I glad! This was a brown/bronze/gold on my eyelids, which really brought out the colour in my eyes. Also the texture is wonderful... satiny and smooth. Didn't interfere with the redness in my skin. Good stuff, for real cheap. Will keep buying this, again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a gorgeous shadow. I love the blackened raspberry tone, yet as one reviewer said, it does end up as brown; meaning that it goes on a dark raspberry w/ a slight shimmer and after blending ends up as a dark matte brown. BUT...I was curious to see how it would apply wet. I used the homemade mixing medium that I got from Enkore Makeup on YT(one part glycerine/3 parts distilled water)...it looked GORGEOUS. Dark, dreamy raspberry-brown w/ slight golden (do I detect pinkish?) shimmer. Try it wet. You'll love it!
Update!! 1/18/12- I tried it w/ Maybelline Tattoo cream e/s in Pomegranate Punk as a base. This burgundy cream e/s really brings out the pretty burgundy sheen. And it helps it to last all day. Match made in heaven.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by flowerpower08

This is a great eyeshadow! The size of the pan is perfect, and the color has beautiful multi-tones to it. What I also love about it is that the shadow itself is very satiny, unlike the regular line eyeshadows, which are more chalky. I also like how the package contains a small mirror. Overall, I like this particular shadow, I just wish that E.L.F would come out with more exotic colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by zvezdichka

I loveeee this color, it is my favorite out of all of the studio line eyeshadows. It is very beautiful, not too dramatic and it goes on very smoothly. Overall a good product, I am in love with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Weeeeell, not so hot actually. I confess I swatched it in the store (bad me!) and it looked okay. But on me, it was kind of coarse in texture and just looked brown with ...maybe copper-y tones to it? But not raspberry, sadly. This will be given away. But if it works for you, that's wonderful and you're only out three bucks! If you're actually looking for a burgundy/red shadow, this is not the product for you.