September 2, 2014 | 1028 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Blushing Rose

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a dupe of NARS Dolce Vita blush. I have worn both and can honestly say they are pretty much identical on the skin. The ELF packaging is the standard black plastic square Studio blush packaging. Blushing Rose is a dark plum pink with a very slight hint of gold shimmer. This color is pretty pigmented. I am NW15 and I have to apply this with a light hand, but it is beautiful on the skin. Beautiful plum-berry pink and not a glitter bomb. Wear is average/same as other powder blushes. A lovely color that should work on most skintones. A great bargain for the price, and I will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

I love this blush! I own Tickled Pink, another blush from the same line, and I do prefer Blushing rose:

PIGMENTATION: For a drugstore blush, it is rather wonderful for its pigmentation. I use the blush brush from ELF to apply it, and no prob with this blush: its not too pigmentated either. (I find it more pigmentated than Tickled Pink)

COLOR: If you only look at it from the packaging, it looks a bit dark. But when I applied it, it is a nice rosey pink color, very natural too. I am medium skin tone, and I think it looks great! It does have some golden shimmers, not too noticeable on the skin, which gives a nice glow too. (Im not sure how it would look on pale skin)

PACKAGING & PRICE: For a 3$ blush, the packaging is very secure and long lasting, like the other items from the Studio line. It does contain a small mirror that is too small for my taste.

LASTING POWER: I do not think that this blush is very long lasting, you will need to touch up. But I guess its normal, since its a powder? A cream product would stay longer. In a comparison with Tickled Pink, Blushing Rose does last longer, certainly because it is more pigmentated.

Do not hesitate to buy it, you will love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quickly becoming my favorite blush! I actually love all of the Elf studio blushes - they are so cheap and work so well. I own nearly all of them, and will own all of them when my latest haul arrives :) This is a rosey mauve color, it looks quiet dark in the pan, but it can be applied sheer and it's just gorgeous. I have a light complexion with strong yellow undertones, and this blush really looks so pretty on my cheeks. You do need to use a light hand. It is just adorable on the apples. I thought I would not like this blush when I first opened it, and I actually ignored it for a long time, playing with the other colors in the line instead and then one day I finally put this on my cheek and I've been reaching for it every day since then. Wear time is average, but GOOD for the price, it blends wonderfully and is highly pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Intoxicationx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if it's just me, but this blush does not blend too smoothly. I like the color. I use it as an all over bronzer more than I do as a blush. Only cause my undertones are olive. It's also very cheap. Overall, I like it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by secretmeredith

I must say this is the perfect rosy blush I have been looking for! The product is really pigmented and deposits well on my cheeks. The colour is just right for my relatively fair asian skin. There seem to be very small shimmery particles but they are not too obvious on the skin. If anything, they give a slight glow. I just love this blush its perfect!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

It's a much cheaper version of NARS dolce vita in my opinion or at least on my face.

pigmentation is alright - it's not as pigmented as dolce vita [for that blush you have to have a super light hand or risk looking weird]

it's easily to layer the color to your preferred intensity but there is almost too much glitter in this one for my liking. It's not an unbearable amount of glitter but just my preference. If I'm in need of a berry color then I'll use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by didicrump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Picked this up at my local Dollar Tree. I tried to love it but it was just too shimmery for me. Great pigmentation though. I also like the packaging. Wouldn't purchase again though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose can be described as a berry color with gold shimmer. For $3, you get 4.75 grams of product. That's a steal, in my book. ELF also has some great deals on their products all the time, so you almost never have to pay full price.

It appears really dark in the pan but goes on pretty sheer. You would have to do quite a few swipes to get it the true color in the pan. That's why I'm only giving it 3 stars. When I purchase a blush, I expect it to be the color I see in the pan. However, the fact that it's sheer can be a great thing if you're a fairer skin tone. If you're not, I feel like you're going to have a hard time getting this color to show up.

packaging is okay, but nothing special. It's a black plastic casing that says "elf blush" on the front. The front has a clear window on the front so you can see the color of the blush. When you open it up, it has a small mirror and the pan of blush below it. I have had issues with some of these blushes popping out of their pan because they're only held on with one strip of double stick tape, but what can you expect for $3?

Overall, I think ELF studio blushes are great but this one was kind of a miss for me. If a color isn't pigmented, I generally won't reach for it...as is the case with this one. I'll still use it occasionally but it's not one of my first choices, even in just the elf brand. I'd say save your $3.

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by klskag02

Ahh, love love love this blush! Im getting a lot more color since the weather has been changing and this blush it perfect for that! At first, I was kinda intimidated by the dark color on my light skin but it looks beautiful. It gives me the perfect blush. Its not as pigmented as it appears in the pan, but for me thats a good thing. I think personally this could flatter all skin tones and Im really impressed with Elf's studio blushes! :) And for $3? You can manage to buy as many as you want!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Beautiful dark plum color that looks really flattering on most skintones. It is similar to e.l.f.'s studio blush in Berry Merry, but I think that one has some glitter in it. E.l.f.'s essential line blush in Flushed is also similar and so is Sleek's Pomegranate blush (except it is much more pigmented). I think it would definitely show up on tan skintones. On my NW15 skin just one swipe is enough for a pretty bold look so I have to blend quite a lot to make this work for me. Nice product for such a cheap price. Good packaging too.