July 24, 2014 | 1948 users online

Mascara - Couleur Caramel - Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by liinaliisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I was only a little bit disappointed. It's very liquid and that made it hard to color the lashed without mistakes. Also it's smudged more easily. But this mascara gets better when it's older. It makes the lashes long and beautiful. It seems to condition the lashes. After I had used it for about 3 weeks, my mother asked me: "Have you put yourself the lash extensions again?" But no, the secret was Couleur Caramels long lashes mascara.
Of course you shouldn't rub your eyes when wearing this as it's not waterproof. So I use this mascara daily, but when I need maximum staying power, I use my Kanebo 38 c mascara. But if you look more natural mascara, I definitely recommend Couleur Caramel. I haven't used any other natural mascara and maybe I won't because it's quite perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by TaniaDeb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had such high hopes for this mascara, but it made my eyes itch- something no other mascara has done. I did a couple trials to make sure it was the cause of the itching. Sadly, it was.

A reminder that natural does not necessarily mean hypoallergenic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Bisou25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing. I use it with the Jane Iredale primer and that helps keep my lashes curled throughout the day, as well as stop it from flaking. It does smudge a little, but only towards the end of the day. But it curls, lengthens, volumizes and separates...and the color is a very dark black. I am happy I found a natural product that works so well!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by clarechen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is also my first natural mascara. I was pretty impressed by the ingredients list. Bought the long-lash version for NZD$33. My lashes still feel soft after application and not hard and brittle like with normal mascara. My gripe with this product is that it smudges too easily and by the middle of the day, I tend to have black smudges under my eyes. Looks pretty bad, like I haven't removed my eye makeup properly from the previous day. Such a pity. Was really hoping to love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the first natural mascara I've tried. I went for Couleur Caramel, because all the other brands I looked into (Dr. Hauschka, Logona, Lavera, Sante) contain alcohol high up on the ingredient list, and are therefore ultimately quite drying on the lashes. Plus, I fell in love with Couleur Caramel's recyclable packaging. It's slightly on the expensive side... I paid 21 euros for it.

There are two brush versions: short and long lashes. I didn't notice any dramatic difference between the two, and went for the long lash version. The Mascara lengthens and separates my lashes quite impressively, but it tends to smudge a bit when applied... However, I'm most impressed about how my lashes look and feel after I've applied this mascara: they're incredibly glossy and feel super-soft. No other mascara has ever done that! It also smells terrific, another quality I havenít come across with other mascaras. Despite having perfume, it doesnít irritate my sensitive eyes at all. It also doesnít flake and it stays put all day, but comes off easily with a gentle facial cleanser. Because it isnít waterproof, it doesn't hold my curl, and it doesn't let me curl my lashes after I've applied the mascara, meaning that the curler leaves a nasty curler-mark on my lashes. Still, itís a very good mascara, and it must be quite nourishing for my lashes too considering the ingredient list (see below) :) Iím rotating Couleur Caramel Mascara with my Kanebo 38 and Maybelline Lash Stiletto at the moment.

Ingredients: AQUA (WATER) - GLYCERIN - ACACIA SENEGAL GUM - STEARIC ACID - CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) - COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX - SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE - EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELLILA) WAX - MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE - GLYCERYL STEARATE - BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) FRUIT - SODIUM HYDROXIDE* -TOCOPHERYL ACETATE - BENZYL ALCOHOL* - SODIUM HYDROXYMETHYL GLYCINATE* - CITRIC ACID - PARFUM FRAGRANCE) [+/- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77510 (Ferric ferrocyanide) - CI 77491 (Red iron oxide) - CI 77492 (Yellow iron oxide) - CI 77499 (Black iron oxide) - CI 77007 (Ultramarine) - CI 75470 (Carmine)] *synthetic