July 29, 2014 | 1467 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic for a natural looking, daytime blush! This really is a mellow mauve, not overly cool, but no barbie pink tones either. I can never seem to find the balance between coral tones and pink tones, and this shade is that perfect balance. Matches the tone of my lips, so it looks super natural. Apply's smoothly, and wears a long time. The packaging is sturdy and slim, so it's great for travel. $3 well spent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by shiry7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read an article that said Tarte Exposed is a great natural-looking blush on most Asians. I was curious, but don't have a Tarte-sized budget at the moment so I looked into dupes and found out about ELF's Mellow Mauve. I must say the color really is super natural looking on me. As someone who's struggled with trying to figure out why those beautiful pink and peach blushes never quite looked right, this is a revelation! It does have an ever so slight iridescent glow to it though. Honestly, I'd prefer it to be matte, but it's barely noticable. This is a great everyday, natural look type of blush, and yes, the color looks great on Asians (or at least this one!).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first brought this home I was really diggin the color from inside the box but once I got it out&opened the compact It was a bit of a let down..it looked darker in the store&in the package.i tried it& didn't really see anything.seriously didn't look like I applied any blush, so I put it back in the package&bagged it up& promptly forgot about it.a month later I found the bag&decided to give it another go.i found I actually kinda like it. If u are dark tan I don't know if you will see anything but mabey a slight sheen. I'm my winter shade around nc30ish & this gives just the tinyist hint of color just a hint no mater how much I swirl or dig my brush in, I cant get anything other then the barest hint of color..on me its almost like a very unpigmented bronzer. But even so it does actually look pretty expecially for light makeup days or if you don't want your blush competing with anything.it has a slight sheen(none of that glitter crap) that you don't expect in the pan that makes it glow a bit.it looks healthy..It doesn't last super long mabey 4hrs. This 1 suprized me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This particular shade is wonderful if I want to achieve a "no makeup" makeup look. It adds just a bit of warm color to my cheeks without making me look done up. I can also add a light wash of it to my eyelids to brighten my eyes a bit.
I love E.L.F.'s blushes because they're pigmented, but not so pigmented that they're hard to control, and they blend beautifully. They also last for a good while on my oily skin.
It's $3. We don't even need to discuss how awesome that is.
Packaging is classy and perfectly functional. It's sturdy, has a mirror (I hate compacts that don't have a mirror), and the matte black finish and minimal print makes it look quite attractive.
Definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this blush....beautiful color, even on my fair/neutral, freckled, redheaded skin, lol. Never goes on patchy and the price point is freaking awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Giron0922

This blush is awesome! It kind of reminds me of Tarte's exposed, but this one seems to be slightly lighter and more pinkish. It has no glitter just a wonderful shimmer and glow! Love it one of my favs!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by bnreese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this blush color! The pigmentation is fantastic. I have to reapply it throughout the day, but for the price and the perfect color for the fall, you can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

ELF Mellow Mauve is a very trustworthy blush, the color and pigmentation are fool-proof. I can wear it everyday if I want to, except I won't because I have too many damn blushers to be using just one. But you could if you are not a blushers hoarders like I am.
The color to me is plummy pink with subtle bluish shimmers. Unless another person is standing two inches away from me or I am painting my face for the stage, the shimmers are just enough to give a glow, nothing like a ghastly disco ball. The powder is smooth and blends beautifully, last on me up to 6 hours. Pigmentation is nothing like let's say Black Radiance Raspberry blush, but still more than decent. Quite frankly, I like this level of pigmentation; the color shows up and I don't look like a fool playing with makeup especially since it is winter and I have gone disturbingly from NC35 to like NC 20ish. However, if you are a lady of darker skintone, let's say NC 45 and deeper, I am afraid this won't show up on you. Plus, this thing is only 3.25 including tax. You can take it on the holiday, throw it in your makeup bag and will not cry a river if you break or lose it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

HOLY TARDIS OF GALLIFREY THIS BLUSH IS MAGNIFICENT!
(for all those who are not Dr.Who fans I apologize for my nerdy exclamation)

I decided to pick up this blush at my local Target, and bless the heavens, this product is just a whole lot of right.

I never EVER finish a blush, but I completely finished this one. Don't think that's possible? Well for evidence, and your viewing pleasure, I uploaded a photo. You're welcome.

PROS:
*As pigmented as the tears of Jesus. (I'm not actually sure if Jesus' tears are pigmented. But I assume they are pigmented. Pigmented with THE GLORY OF ALL THINGS WONDERFUL)
*Packaging is wonderful. Sturdy, but not obnoxiously so. Also has a mirror, and trust me, you will appreciate this feature, because you won't want to stop looking at your face with this beautiful blush on.
*Blends effortlessly and beautifully.
*Lasts forever. I have used this daily for years.
*THE PRICE. For $3, you cannot go wrong.

CONS: I can't think of any. Seriously. And if you read my other reviews, you'll find I notice A LOT of bad things about products, and write about them relentlessly (with much hatred and plenty of humor). But I honestly don't see a thing wrong with this product.

I haven't seen any poor reviews on this product, but if you don't like it, all I have to say to you is
MAY ALL YOUR BACON BURN.

This blush is delightful. Buy it.

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a GREAT blush!! It's very pigmented. It goes on smooth & not chalky @ all for an inexpensive blush. It reminds me of a Clinique blush I used to use. I apply it with the ELF angled blush brush. I bought this to replace my Neutrogena Healthy blush which I hated. Plus, it costed a lot for a drugstore brand. This ELF blush was only $3!! Can't beat that!!