E.L.F. Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 1/12/2015 3:06:00 AM

This product is nice, a go-to shade that is flattering to many looks for fall/winter colors. Good value for the money.

on 1/6/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was very surprised by this shade. Within the last month I purchased Tarte's Dollface, which I love, but I wanted another blush that was a little more neutral. I read that this was a dupe for Tarte's Exposed (which was too orangey on me), but with a little more pink and less orange. The name implies a mauvey shade, but it really is more of rose-brown on my cool-toned skin. I love it. As much as I love the rosy flush Dollface imparts, I find myself reaching for Mellow Mauve more often.

The one drawback is that it isn't very pigmented, so it takes a few swipes to achieve the desired results, but it always looks natural and never overdone. I have had no problems with it lasting through the day. I put it on in the morning and it's still there when I take my makeup off in the evening. This is an amazing little blush at an unbeatable price.

UPDATE: After a couple of uses, the top of the blush hardens from oils, etc., and it has to be scraped off to get any color. Every time it is scraped off, a lot of the product is lost. I will be going through this blush more quickly than anticipated.

on 12/29/2014 10:46:00 PM

I really love the color of this blush. I would say for the price you can not go wrong at all. I don't think the pigmentation is the best but I recommend using a dense brush because that helps. It is my favorite blush and I use it everyday on the sides of my cheeks. Its very flattering and I love it sooo much(:

on 11/28/2014 9:27:00 PM

I've heard great things about these E.L.F. Studio blushes, and this is the first one I've tried. I'm not impressed. This particular shade is just not pigmented at all and even though I have fair skin, I find that I really have to dig my brush into it to get anything to show up. I'll still wear it, and it looks okay on my cheeks, but I definitely won't repurchase this shade.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I honestly don't get the hype with this and the tickled pink color in this blush line. They're both so sheer and take work to show up on you're skin, this one is better than tickled pink though. I love the color, it's like a warm rosy mauve, and when I pack it on I think it looks nice. What I do to get it to show up how I'd like is I take a slightly scratchier brush, swirl it in the pan a couple times and then pack it onto unset foundation and I get color. I just can't get enough pigment on my skin if I don't do this and I'm super fair haha. staying power seems to be pretty decent for me. Pigmentation is weak but it's an okay blush and a very pretty color.

on 11/3/2014 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used this blush every fall season for the past 4 years, it's the perfect blush to use when transitioning from summer to fall. The color is a pinkish/brownish mauve with purple undertones. It's an extremely complex color which I can appreciate from such an inexpensive brand. As with most elf blushes, you get more than your money's worth with this blush.
Pros:
Easy to blend
Buildable
Pigmented
Gives a subtle glow from within

Cons:
I can see this blush coming off a bit chalky on deeper skin tones

Overall I think this is a great blush that everyone should own, as it offers a beautiful complex flush of color on the cheeks that is hard to find in the drugstore! As far as longevity, as with most blushes it really depends on the foundation I'm wearing. With my MAC prolongwear it last about 16 hours. (6 am-10pm) it lasts all through my classes and work. When I wear my bb creams, or mineral foundation it lasts about 7 hours. I apply it with with my sigma blush brush (f10) or elf complexion brush, both give the same result.
NC25 for reference.

on 10/23/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this blush for fall/winter! It's the perfect colour. Not too red, and not too pink. It brightens my face up and looks fresh. The powder is soft and silky without being powdery.

on 9/25/2014 4:08:00 PM

When you look at this product in the package, you see that it's very light colored and expect it to be so on your face, which it is. It's highly pigmented, but light colored. I love this cool color for fall!

on 8/27/2014 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like how this looks in the pan but on my skin it does not look as good. It looks sorta orangy and turns more orange as the day goes on.

on 8/3/2014 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Mellow mauve hello there, you look so beautiful in the pan my dear. Let's go home together ok ?
The next morning, You didn't " preform" as I expected honey , but your still beautiful.

Mellow mauve is well, mellow. She looks quite dark in the pan but when applied is a very subtle beauty. This would be perfect for those geared toward natural makeup. I found I could not easily over do. Not a ton of pigmentation.

Light pink/ mauve. Buffing it on the back of my hand I notice the slight light purple irradiance and very very small silver glitter. I didn't notice until I was in low lighting and up close. But it's ok because it's beautiful. I'm really liking this especially since I love bold lips and clean liner, this goes well with that.
The texture is somewhat dry but workable and blendable. I found this is a lot like cover girls soft mink, except cover girls has a lot more shimmer/sheen and pigmentation .Color wise they are extremely close. I love soft mink, but wished sometimes I could have the color without the shimmer. Mellow mauve, hey honey!
Around 6 hrs wear, 3 dollas, pretty face, worth it.

Popular Blush Products