October 1, 2014 | 920 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Eyelash Curler

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by eileeniebean

Extremely great value for the price if it fits your eye - reading the other reviews it would seem it doesn't work for a lot of people, but it does for me. I use a "pumping" motion to curl them rather than just holding it still, which makes a difference in how well it curls your lashes. It can pinch you sometimes but with practice you can position it so that it doesn't.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is a piece of crap. Absolutely not worth the measly dollar I paid for it. My lashes stuck to the pad, and it was impossible to curl my lashes without pinching my lid, no matter where I positioned the curler.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hoping to have a cheaper alternative to my Shiseido curler but this was just terrible. Did not do anything for my lashes at all. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by vrh723

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyelash curler. My old curler (from another brand) broke and I needed a cheap replacement. This was $7 cheaper and worked a lot better! It didn't pull on my eyelashes and made them look so long and curly.
A lot of negative reviews said this pulled out their eyelashes, but this didn't do that at all. As long as you don't pull or anything this should be fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Aralechan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a desperation buy that was a big mistake. Didn't fit my eye, didn't curl my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This should be RECALLED now. Chopped off the tips of my eye lashes .I got it at Target,

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaaby

Worst eyelash curler ever. Not even worth the dollar. I wouldn't even use it if it was free

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by loladevonsmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This weekend I learned a horrible lesson about buying cheap products. Instead of buying my usual Shiseido Eyelash Curler, I decided to be cheap at Target and buy this one by E.L.F.
Instead of curling my lashes, this instrument CUT MY EYELASHES ! ! !
Please don't take the chance with this eyelash curler. I'm very upset with myself, and this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by missy44

Didn't like it doesn't curl my lashes at all. Much prefer a covergirl for just a few more dollars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF says that their Studio Eyelash Curler will "create gorgeous curled lashes that appear larger and more defined with this sleek design. Comfortably fits all eye shapes and an ergonomic shape provides control and easy of use". ELF offers two sizes of their Studio Eyelash Curler; Regular, which will curl all your lashes at once, and Mini, which is best suited for travel or for curling the outer half of your lashes. Both lash curlers retail for $3 and can be bought from ELF's website, Target, Kmart, Big Lots, and other major retailers. I got my curler during my first ever ELF haul from almost two years ago. Why did it take me so long to review it? Idk, to me a lash curler is a lash curler, but I got a request foe this review. For the record I have no idea how to review an eyelash curler, so please forgive me if this post sucks. Not that it really applies to this specific product, but ELF is a cruelty free, vegan friendly company. This beauty tool was made in China.
Wow, how does one explain an eyelash curler? I'm not even going to try, we've all seen one and ELF's is pretty standard. It's silver metal, steel I think. A small black rubber pad cushions your lashes as you curl. ELF sells a 5 pack of refill pads for $1, if you feel the need to replace your's. This eyelash curler moves fluidly and rarely pinches my lash line. The curve of this eyelash curler suits my eye shape very well. What's not to like? This lash curler is comfortable and functional to use, and has a classic look.
I have fairly thick, average length eyelashes that are just about straight, some of them even point downwards. My lashes can curl on their own with most mascaras, so a lash curler isn't really a necessity for me, I don't use mine very day, just when I want more drama. I curly my eyelashes in four separate section; right at tyhe base, slightly up from the base, right in the middle, and right below the tips. Why make such a production out of it? Because it gives a more gentle, natural curl that lasts longer. Only curling your lashes at the base causes a harsher curl that is more likely to droop or straighten out. ELF's Studio Eyelash Curler does a pretty good job of curling my lashes. The curl lasts all day with mascara, and a few hours without. I break the rule of never curling my lashes after I apply mascara. I do it all the time actually, with great results and have never lot a lash. I don't know if that's from technique, or if ELF's curler is particularly gentle.
I'm a fan of ELF's Studio Eyelash Curler. It may be basic, but it gets the job done and that is all that I ask from it. I can't imagine splurging on a luxury eyelash curler like Shu Uemura's when ELF's is perfectly functional and so affordable. This curler fits my eye shape perfectly. If I ever feel the need to buy a new lash curler, I would repurchase this one. I've been planning to purchase the mini one as well, I'm curious about half lash curlers! If you're on the hunt for an affordable full or half lash curler, why not try ELF's?