Bobbi Brown Metallic Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow in Goldstone

3.6

on 6/24/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of the sales associates said Goldstone was just like Sunlight Gold - wrong. I don't know what she's been smoking but they're very different. Sunlight Gold is a pale champagne highlight color and Goldstone is a medium golden olive taupe with shimmer. I like both, but I apply them to different parts of the lid. I use Sunlight Gold under the brow and maybe in the inner corner to lighten. Goldstone is too dark to use as highlight. It's a shimmery pewter.

Mostly I use Goldstone with Rich Caviar, just smudged around the edges of where I've placed that, to blend and soften and add a touch of shimmer. I put a lighter color above that.

Metallics seem to be a bit more sheer and have less depth than the standard shades. I have used Goldstone on the lid by itself and it looks very pretty, but honestly I like it more when it's in a combination with one or two other shadow sticks. It is a nice neutral shade. It's too dark to be used as a highlight color - I think sometimes the sales people aren't really that familiar with the colors and they just try to sell you what's in stock.

Anyway, I hope it stays in the line. This lasts really well - just don't apply greasy eye cream under it if you want it to stay.

on 10/21/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Find that you have to put a lot on to get the achieved colour. Great when on and looks fab but has a lot of drop down meaning I end up with glitter all over my face. It doesn't last all night

on 7/23/2013 8:04:00 PM

When I swatched this at the BB counter I was completely in love. It was (and is) unlike any other shadow I have. As others have said its a cool-toned gold, not a yellow gold which makes it especially flattering and versatile. Its quite glittery and thats great because I love sparkle. It also does stay on quite well but the glitter WILL migrate down your face.

What I don't like about it is that it seems to irritate the skin on my eyes a lot. In addition, it seems to emphasize that I have "old-lady" skin on my eye lids and hooded lids. When I apply it it doesn't seem to look even. and that is because of the saggy skin on my eyelids. I find that it looks better when used very subtly as shimmer around my eyes for a night out. I am bummed because its such a gorgeous champagne gold color and I am really into gold and bronze this summer. But it just looks "off" on me.

After reading some blog reviews I decided to try Chanel's illusion de ombre cream shadow in the pale gold limited edition color. $11 more but it looks like I won't have the same problem with it enhancing my old lady eyelids.

on 9/24/2012 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I think the negative reviews are because people wish this product was something that it's not. Yes, it is advertised as a long-wear golden eye shadow. I find that yes, it IS long-wearing. However, I would not wear this product as a "gold eye shadow." I like it because I think it's weaknesses actually created a new product.

If you have oily lids, THIS IS FOR YOU! This is like the BEST eye shadow primer if you want to make any shadow you own last longer WITHOUT budging and have more shimmer and impact. I use this stuff as a shadow base from the inner eye corner to my brow bone for a primer under my smokey shadows for going out, and it keeps my make up from budging and gives me that high intensity inner eye/brow bone that's perfect for going out or the holidays. I wouldn't wear this at my 9-5 job, but it's great for night time shimmer and longevity.

on 3/8/2012 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is very gold, though I do not find it to be very pigmented, just a lot of glitter.
I would agree that it is a cooler gold and that it does not crease.
I apply a layer of this and then pat mac's reflects gold over the top to make it more pigmented overall and uniform. BB by itself just doesnt apply evenly on my lid and it feels glittery and chunky instead of smooth.
It is also a very small pot compared to many other brands. I havent had it longer than 6 months so I cant say if it dries out or not yet.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Pretty gold sparkle that is not too glittery. More of a sophisticated wash of shimmer. Shades of pink and bronze flash through goldstone. Very pretty.

on 7/20/2010 7:30:00 PM

I love this one. It is one of the more "dense" metallic creams, in my opinion. Not just glitter in a clear base. Again, the shade is a perfect complex gold, not just blah gold. I thought, I have soooo many golds, and the Shiseido Hydropowder, etc. etc. in cream shadow form, who needs this? But......it is different enough to get, and I love the sparkly look these give my eyes. SO little effort, so fast, so lasting. I love it over eyeliners, and I love it on the lid as a wash. I will also love it, I'm sure, over different powder eyeshadows.

on 5/29/2010 11:25:00 AM

Beautiful stuff! Sheer gold. Soft. But only use a little bit because it goes a long way. I love it. On my way to collect all the new Bobbi Brown shadows!

on 4/13/2010 7:56:00 PM

The color is a light champange gold (not like it the pot where it looks darker). Its pretty but I wanted more, more color specifically. They're not lying when they say long wear...so I guess thats good.

edit: I wore this the other day and decided I loved it. Its so pretty and brightens my eyes. I like that its not a yellow gold but more of a cool tone gold.

on 3/2/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although I love Bobbi's Metallic cream shadow in Black Pearl, this one was a miss for me. The gold glitter is basically big chunks of glitter in different sizes that ended up falling out all over my face. I tried wearing this 3-4 times and each time I felt goofey and not pretty at all. Definitely not wearable IMO like another reviewer below mentioned. The only positive is the longevity as it never creased. If you want a more wearable gold shimmer cream shadow from Bobbi you should definitely check out Sandy Gold.