September 19, 2014 | 1258 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Metallic Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow in Goldstone

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

When I swatched this at the BB counter I was completely in love. It was (and is) unlike any other shadow I have. As others have said its a cool-toned gold, not a yellow gold which makes it especially flattering and versatile. Its quite glittery and thats great because I love sparkle. It also does stay on quite well but the glitter WILL migrate down your face.

What I don't like about it is that it seems to irritate the skin on my eyes a lot. In addition, it seems to emphasize that I have "old-lady" skin on my eye lids and hooded lids. When I apply it it doesn't seem to look even. and that is because of the saggy skin on my eyelids. I find that it looks better when used very subtly as shimmer around my eyes for a night out. I am bummed because its such a gorgeous champagne gold color and I am really into gold and bronze this summer. But it just looks "off" on me.

After reading some blog reviews I decided to try Chanel's illusion de ombre cream shadow in the pale gold limited edition color. $11 more but it looks like I won't have the same problem with it enhancing my old lady eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I think the negative reviews are because people wish this product was something that it's not. Yes, it is advertised as a long-wear golden eye shadow. I find that yes, it IS long-wearing. However, I would not wear this product as a "gold eye shadow." I like it because I think it's weaknesses actually created a new product.

If you have oily lids, THIS IS FOR YOU! This is like the BEST eye shadow primer if you want to make any shadow you own last longer WITHOUT budging and have more shimmer and impact. I use this stuff as a shadow base from the inner eye corner to my brow bone for a primer under my smokey shadows for going out, and it keeps my make up from budging and gives me that high intensity inner eye/brow bone that's perfect for going out or the holidays. I wouldn't wear this at my 9-5 job, but it's great for night time shimmer and longevity.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very gold, though I do not find it to be very pigmented, just a lot of glitter.
I would agree that it is a cooler gold and that it does not crease.
I apply a layer of this and then pat mac's reflects gold over the top to make it more pigmented overall and uniform. BB by itself just doesnt apply evenly on my lid and it feels glittery and chunky instead of smooth.
It is also a very small pot compared to many other brands. I havent had it longer than 6 months so I cant say if it dries out or not yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by cherrycolacherry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Pretty gold sparkle that is not too glittery. More of a sophisticated wash of shimmer. Shades of pink and bronze flash through goldstone. Very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this one. It is one of the more "dense" metallic creams, in my opinion. Not just glitter in a clear base. Again, the shade is a perfect complex gold, not just blah gold. I thought, I have soooo many golds, and the Shiseido Hydropowder, etc. etc. in cream shadow form, who needs this? But......it is different enough to get, and I love the sparkly look these give my eyes. SO little effort, so fast, so lasting. I love it over eyeliners, and I love it on the lid as a wash. I will also love it, I'm sure, over different powder eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful stuff! Sheer gold. Soft. But only use a little bit because it goes a long way. I love it. On my way to collect all the new Bobbi Brown shadows!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

The color is a light champange gold (not like it the pot where it looks darker). Its pretty but I wanted more, more color specifically. They're not lying when they say long wear...so I guess thats good.

edit: I wore this the other day and decided I loved it. Its so pretty and brightens my eyes. I like that its not a yellow gold but more of a cool tone gold.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I love Bobbi's Metallic cream shadow in Black Pearl, this one was a miss for me. The gold glitter is basically big chunks of glitter in different sizes that ended up falling out all over my face. I tried wearing this 3-4 times and each time I felt goofey and not pretty at all. Definitely not wearable IMO like another reviewer below mentioned. The only positive is the longevity as it never creased. If you want a more wearable gold shimmer cream shadow from Bobbi you should definitely check out Sandy Gold.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh god! I feel like e princess when wearing this eyeshadow.
I just didn't expect it to be so beautiful. I have ordered it online after seeing the video on Bobbi B's website in which she was applying this metallic eyeshadow on the model's lids. I was so impressed by the final effect so I bought the Goldstone shade along with the cream brush. (I hate melting my fingers in pots...it's so unhygienic and the effect is meh compared to a professional brush).
I would describe the shade by saying that it is a deep golden color. It adheres very well on the eyelid ( again, I am using the cream brush not the finger) and the colors really does what it promises : stays on all day long and doesn't crease at all.
I wanna buy other shades too. My next purchase will be the Antique gold :-) Bobbi Brown was right when she said that the only concern about this e/s is that you don't know which one to love more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I *love* this eyeshadow. I got it as part of the Goldstone Long Wear Eye Palette, which was limited edition as is no longer available I think. I bought it to try out the two eyeshadows and gel liner (in caviar). It's a lovely little palette and I have used it a lot over the past month. Goldstone is a lovely, shimmery gold which stays put and is great for a night out. I will most likely repurchase the full size when my little pot runs out.