Lancome Opal Mystere

3.0

on 10/10/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this color. It's a beautiful satin pearly off-white color w/ sutble, non-chunky shimmer that doesn't fall off the eye when blending. It gives a soft, polished look. I was looking for a semi-matte color for all over the lid & when I found this, I said "Yes!" I was pleasantly surprised w/ the shimmer because it's understated yet noticeable. It's enough to brighten my eyes, yet doesn't look ashy like so many other colors do. I wouldn't put this in the white family - I would say it's more pearl, but no iridescence, just a shimmer that gives a glow.

I can see how this might not be appealing to some women, but for me, it works. Thank God.

I bought this at a DFF&Co outlet (Lancome brands) for $7 (reg. price - $17)

on 7/5/2010 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree with the previous reviewer- this is not a great color, hard to work with, does not stay on well, is not blendable... very disappointing.

This eyeshadow, i will use, if its the last thing i have. It is in a GWP Palette that Lancome currently is giving away at Sears, and well.. Its too.. glittery. Its a matte, with glitters that are just too big, and get everywhere. It falls out, and then stays where it is not supposed to stay. The color itself is not pigmented, and it is hard to use.