L'Oreal Elvive Re-Nutrition Conditioner

3.1

Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate,Cetyl Alcohol, Divinyldimethicone /Dimethicone Copolymer, Ci 19140 / Yellow 5, Ci 15985 / Yellow 6, Dodecene, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Ppg -1 Trideceth-6, Arginine, Polyquaternium-37, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Poloxamer 407, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Citric Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Lauryl Peg/ Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glyceryl Linoleate, Royal Jelly, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Linolenate, Parfum / Fragrance. (F.I.L. C42514/1).

on 3/29/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought a big bottle of this at a cosmetics warehouse sale. It was $ 5.00 Cdn. for 750 ml. I'm not sure if this is being discontinued, but I hope not. I've tried other Elvive conditioners in the past and my experience with them was from bad to "meh," but because this was cheap I figured I'd give it a go.
My fine hair is very dry and wavy/curly. I HAVE to use a conditioner every time I wash my hair. I use a cleansing conditioner, but that alone won't combat the dryness. A conditioner is needed after washing. I have a graveyard of tried and discarded conditioners under the sink. This one is a keeper!
I left it in for about 10 minutes (which is what I usually do) and rinsed and styled as usual. All I can say is "Wow!" My hair is so soft and shiny. The smell is divine, too. My dry, frizzy hair feels and looks so shiny and amazing and it holds a curl incredibly well.
I can understand why people with normal/oily hair will not find much benefit from this conditioner. It will probably weigh their hair down and make it greasy. For fine, dry-haired, curly heads like me, this conditioner is great. I should have picked up a second bottle.

on 3/29/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this for a while to make sure that it's actually the cause. Every time I use this, I have a lot of hair falling out while in the shower (it is scary how many fall out I got whilst rinsing the conditioner!!) I've used it together with the shampoo, which isn't great either. The both do not improve my hair. My hair is still dry unless I put a hair oil. And it's supposed to give nutrients… but I have so many fall out with this alone or in combination with the shampoo. I've used the L'oreal elvive Arginine anti hair fall shampoo, very impressed with the shampoo (much less fall out), but again when using this conditioner after that, the fall out is still in a big amount. It does not give me much slip, just a little bit of softness… Using a Tresemme conditioner, much less fall out, and more slip.

on 11/22/2014 11:42:00 PM

Awesome price. Ok packaging. Good product. This product works well with my hair, it makes it very soft. However, this product is LOADED in chemicals, and I prefer natural products. This is much better than pantene though (I hate pantene). So this product is good for people who don't mind chemicals in their shampoo. :) I won't repurchase due to the chemicals though, I'll stick to my natural products. :)

on 7/7/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This conditioner was going so well for me until a couple weeks ago. My hair started to feel weighed down and unbearably oily. I willingly bought this conditioner because I trusted in L'oreal products for years and it was on sale for $3.99. I finally looked on the back of the bottle for the ingredients. Sadly, this conditioner contained heavily of dimethicone and other -cone based chemicals. It also contains methylparaben which is a preservative that I for one would not like to be putting into my hair.

It did make my hair smooth and silky but very oily and heavy. It also doesn't help that I have sensitive skin.

on 4/25/2014 12:19:00 PM

When I originally contemplated buying this product the reviews here were rather great: good conditioning, great smell, practical packaging, good value.
Testing it out for myself (going through a whole bottle) convinced me that later reviewers I see have pinpointed on the main problem: the product leaves a tacky finish which negates any benefit, since you seem to have the horrible feeling of having something stuck on your hair at all times and it makes it get oily much sooner than if you went without instead of feeling "conditioned" and cared for. The detangling bit is average; I have had more "slip" with other products over the years.
I have long (really long, mid back), thick, naturally wavy hair cut in layers which is pliable and easy to make look good with minimal maintenance, not too dry, not too oily, with only the desire to tame flyways or frizz; so my point is my demands weren't that demanding to begin with! I tried everything: lathering twice instead of once, diluting in a cup with water, applying only to the ends, using only once a week, bIow-drying afterwards, leaving it dry au naturel, blow-drying upside down to combat the matted look, etc. Nothing works. It's got to be a faulty formula. Other Elvive and Kerastase products work better for conditioning, only they're changing the formulae from time to time and there is no consistency, which prompted me to try out something new.
Yes, the scent is good, the packaging practical and the price OK, but the main purpose isn't met. continued >>

on 1/16/2014 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm an avid Loreal fan, but this stuff seems to leave some kind residue behind even after rinsing really well, so it's not very good for my fine hair, it weighs it down terribly and causes it to get oilier faster than it normally would. And since it doesn't seem to really give my hair much moisture at all either, I can't recommend, no.

on 12/22/2013 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This conditioner and its accompanying shampoo leave a terrible build-up; it left my medium length hair feeling heavy and unmanagable. Over and above this, however, because this product contains royal jelly it is not vegetarian: http://forum.vegetarian-society.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3092
The smell isn't that great, in fact its rather overpowering with its artificial honey-ish scent. I love all the other non-salon bought Elvive shampoos and conditioners in this range but the Re-nutrition duo is a definite no-go for me.

Just as I have written a review on the accompanying shampoo, I will write one on this conditioner. This is the best shampoo-conditioner duo I have ever used so far. I purchased it due to its great scent, which smells a bit beachy as well as like honey. Also, I've always loved L'Oreal products as I find that they are usually good quality for the price paid. The fact that it had Royal Jelly intrigued me as well.. Even though it is so low on the ingredient list that I doubt it makes a big difference. Anyway, the conditioner is rich and after rinsing out, leaves my hair completely untangled and extremely soft. I have long, bleached hair and my hair feels extremely healthy and soft, as well as looks shiny after using this. My boyfriend can't stop smelling my hair after I use this shampoo-conditioner duo. One of my biggest recommendations!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have long natural afro hair that is really dry , this is the only conditioner that seems to work , my hair looks a lot healthier, less dry and it also seems softer and less brittle- my only wish is that it would be as 'slippery' as john frieda straight which made detangling a breeze but sadly seemed to make my hair more brittle and dry . I'd really recommend this- for ALL types of hair that's dry .

wow amazing shampoo and conditioner. It doesnt weigh down my fine hair, and usually its very flat and limp...but this gives it a ice bounce and body...i usually like HE hair stuff but after spending ridiculous money on alterna shampoo and cond recently and it being awful, as well as getting so so results with my usual kerastase i wanted to try d/s for a change...ive never ever had any luck with l'oreal shampoos and conds but i was really curious about the one cheryl cole was advertising (100 times a day on tv) As they didnt have it in boots, i thought id try this one on a whim! i wasnt expecting much but i just cant believe how soft and beautiful my hair looks after using it, so shiny and healthy, really that wow' look! Best of all my hair doesnt get tangled, feels moisturised but never heavy and actually looks very similar to cheryls in her ad for the other shampoo. will never buy anything again...