April 21, 2014 | 994 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - Elvive Re-Nutrition Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Ambien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm an avid Loreal fan, but this stuff seems to leave some kind residue behind even after rinsing really well, so it's not very good for my fine hair, it weighs it down terribly and causes it to get oilier faster than it normally would. And since it doesn't seem to really give my hair much moisture at all either, I can't recommend, no.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by mics008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner and its accompanying shampoo leave a terrible build-up; it left my medium length hair feeling heavy and unmanagable. Over and above this, however, because this product contains royal jelly it is not vegetarian: http://forum.vegetarian-society.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3092
The smell isn't that great, in fact its rather overpowering with its artificial honey-ish scent. I love all the other non-salon bought Elvive shampoos and conditioners in this range but the Re-nutrition duo is a definite no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

Just as I have written a review on the accompanying shampoo, I will write one on this conditioner. This is the best shampoo-conditioner duo I have ever used so far. I purchased it due to its great scent, which smells a bit beachy as well as like honey. Also, I've always loved L'Oreal products as I find that they are usually good quality for the price paid. The fact that it had Royal Jelly intrigued me as well.. Even though it is so low on the ingredient list that I doubt it makes a big difference. Anyway, the conditioner is rich and after rinsing out, leaves my hair completely untangled and extremely soft. I have long, bleached hair and my hair feels extremely healthy and soft, as well as looks shiny after using this. My boyfriend can't stop smelling my hair after I use this shampoo-conditioner duo. One of my biggest recommendations!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have long natural afro hair that is really dry , this is the only conditioner that seems to work , my hair looks a lot healthier, less dry and it also seems softer and less brittle- my only wish is that it would be as 'slippery' as john frieda straight which made detangling a breeze but sadly seemed to make my hair more brittle and dry . I'd really recommend this- for ALL types of hair that's dry .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

wow amazing shampoo and conditioner. It doesnt weigh down my fine hair, and usually its very flat and limp...but this gives it a ice bounce and body...i usually like HE hair stuff but after spending ridiculous money on alterna shampoo and cond recently and it being awful, as well as getting so so results with my usual kerastase i wanted to try d/s for a change...ive never ever had any luck with l'oreal shampoos and conds but i was really curious about the one cheryl cole was advertising (100 times a day on tv) As they didnt have it in boots, i thought id try this one on a whim! i wasnt expecting much but i just cant believe how soft and beautiful my hair looks after using it, so shiny and healthy, really that wow' look! Best of all my hair doesnt get tangled, feels moisturised but never heavy and actually looks very similar to cheryls in her ad for the other shampoo. will never buy anything again...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by AoifeB

This conditioner and shampoo have done wonders for my hair. It tangles less, is softer, is less frizzy and relaxes my curls. My hair is usually a lot more curly, however this shampoo and conditioner make the curls smooth and lovely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Australia recently received more Elvive products and I decided to give this conditioner a go. Here is L'Oreal's blurb:
"ELVIVE Re-Nutrition with Royal Jelly replenishes dry hair by infusing the hair fibre with essential nutrients. Hair regains elasticity, bounce and is silky to touch. Delicate, creamy textures are combined with a delicious honey and floral fragrance to provide you with the ultimate haircare range.
An exceptional nourishing concentrate, Royal Jelly is produced by bees, and is also know as 'bees' milk'. It is the food given to young bees for a few days before becoming the exclusive privilege of the Queen Bee for her entire life. Essential for the survival of the bees, Royal Jelly gives them an incredible capacity for growth and longevity.
Royal Jelly does more than nourish: it gives dry hair new life!
PROVEN RESULTS:
Up to 10x more care instantly*."

I really don't like this. It feels quite "proteiny" to me - which my hair doesn't need as I don't have a lot of damage. It doesn't detangle my hair at all either and this is something I need because it is so long. I do like the scent and the fact that it doesn't weigh my hair down, so I will use up my bottle, but I won't be repurchasing.