November 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Eye Show in Glam & Glitz Black

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A cream eyeshadow in a pretty square pot. The color is a shimmery black. I couldn't apply it with any kind of brush. Application was uneven, the brush seemed to absorb the product instead of applying it. The shadow looked very dark on the brush, but upon application it was very sheer (one layer), just a light grey. It may seem like a negative review up to this point, so why 4 lippies? The color was so beautiful when swatched on my hand, that I wanted to make it work on my eyelids. I used my fingers to apply it and a q-tip for correcting mistakes and the color showed up (it certainly needs layering though). It is the MOST AMAZING shimmery black (I have tried many shimmery blacks, HE and DS, and some of them were either not-so-black or not-so-shimmery or chalky. This one is true black (3 layers but it deserved it) and the shimmer is wonderful, it has also a slight teal/greenish/bluish undertone/sparkle? I don't know, but it was so flattering. The most important thing, it lasted through a very hot and humid evening, when I got so many compliments on my eyes! I used it alone with a black liner on my waterline and it gave me the most sultry smokey look ever.