July 28, 2014 | 2016 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Hard as Wraps

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by LittleGreyBat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this because my nails have a tendency to split when I'm growing them out. This product says it can be used 'alone, or as a base coat'. Well, you definitely can't use it as a base coat, because when you put a coloured coat over the top, it will chip off immediately with this underneath it. It has a nice, thick texture and minimises the look of chipped nails, which is a pro. It basically works well as a sealant to let your nails grow out, but so would any kind of polish. Wouldn't buy again, for the price and the fact that it doesn't go well under another kind of polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by 26random5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product doesn't seem to make a drastic difference to my nails it had made them a little stronger. It wears very well as I work on farm I need something that lasts this didn't chip at all when I was working leaving my nails protected and stronger.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

This treatment/base coat contains gel and goes on clear. Packaging says it will strengthen weak nails. I've been using it for three weeks. My thin, dry nails frequently split at the sides and this product has not helped at all.

This treatment/base coat is 3-Free.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by xkwizit1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

i dont even know how i lived without this product. i was constantly getting my nails done with bio gel or acrylic and shellac.. when i finally left my real nails to breathe, it was a NIGHTMARE. they broke every day and wouldnt grow at all. i was in walmart one day and saw this stuff, the blue bottle caught my eye (blue's my fav colour, lol) & i picked it up, read the indication and decided for 6$ i could try it out. WOW. ill NEVER regret trying this stuff. i use it every single time i do my nails (hands & toes) my nails are healthier and stronger and longer than ever. LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Sammyjezebel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have paper thin nails and this did make them a lot harder! Good base coat

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Emolloy

Worthless product. This stuff chips of more than any other nail product I've used. The first day it just flaked off the tips of my nails. I wouldn't waste your money. Good idea but it does nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Lenahart13

I had been looking for something that would help strengthen, protect, and help my bitten weak nails grow out. I found this product at my local grocery store for 6.99 which is a little pricey but I was up for anything. I have been using this product for a couple days now and let me tell you I have already seen results. I use it alone and or as a base coat. I apply one thick coat and it dries quickly, which I love. After I let it dry completely, ill leave it go or put a coat or two of color on top then ill use a different top coat. I saw that a lot of reviews said 'it isn't a good top coat' or 'I put two coats on and it doesn't dry' I just wanted to point out it says directly on the box to only use one coat as a base coat or alone. Not as a top coat. Just use it as its intended and you will get amazing results! My nails are hard as rocks and they already look thicker and it gives a beautiful gel finish. The only thing I will say is a bit annoying about this product is if you use remover just before this product it will bubble up a bit once it dries. Also, if you apply a color too soon it dents if you bump it against something. If I let it dry thoroughly it's perfect! Thanks and try it out :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For the last year, my nails have been weak and spitting. I love the look of gel nails but I need to have clear, professional nails for my job - don't worry, my toenails are all kinds of wild to make up for it!
This product is a clear gel in a blue bottle and was $8.99 at the grocery store.
It went on fairly thick, no bubbles though as I was careful not to shake it - thank you MUA reviewers!
It did take ages to dry - at least 30 minutes. And that was only for one coat. I solved this problem by painting it on and sitting quietly and watching TV, but I will have to be careful when I paint my nails. This is not a paint and dash kind of product.
The look: pretty close to gel. A tough, smooth, thick coat. Shiny, low key, me. It wears well too, over a week for me. Not sure how polish would be over this.
So all is well in my little world. I removed lippies for the crazy long drying time. This could be a formulation thing; maybe gel just can't dry fast, but they should at least advise about this on the packaging!
So tap, tap, tap, go my steadily lengthening, strong, shiny nails on the keyboard...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by demmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm now on to my third bottle of this stuff, I obviously love it! I use it as a base coat only to help strengthen my weak bendy nails, this is perfect because the acrylic hardens my nails do they don't bend all the time and subsequently break. My only issues with this product is that it dries out pretty quickly and gets gloopy and stringy after the first month of opening it. I just pop in a few drops of thinner and gently roll the bottle to combine. I also don't like that the brush doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle, which makes getting the last 1/4 of the bottle out really difficult. All in all this is a great product if you invest in some nail polIsh thinner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I posted my review for this under Hard As Wraps - Acrylic Gel (blue bottle), so I won't duplicate it here, but I love this product so far! Makes my nails look nice & thick & they're so much stronger w/this gel on.