July 28, 2014 | 1987 users online

Lips - Lipstick Queen - Chinatown Glossy Pencils - Mystery

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wish I had researched more into this product and tried it on in the store as I thought it would be heavily pigmented and a lipstick not a gloss.
The packaging is pretty cool as it looks like a crayon but I still haven't figured out how to sharpen it haha.
It does have a nice look on your lips with a hint of Colour but doesn't stay on your lips very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by junglegirl004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ooh. A sheer but deep purple plum, just too far on the right side of luxurious to be gothic. Fantastic quality, an even easy semi-glossy spread without gathering in cracks. A thick rounded glossy pencil which works - what a beautiful genius idea. Not drying for me at all, and I've already got quite dry lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by mish2378

I love the color and the color payoff. But I feel like it is very drying to my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one great product! Very clever, our Poppy, putting gloss into a chubby, easy-to-apply pencil. First, the packaging. I'm usually not into packaging at all, but this is striking, both the box and the pencil (based on the film "Chinatown"). The pencil is a gorgeous glossy black with Poppy's logo and Chinese characters on it. The equally glossy black cap stays on in your bag, yet is easy to get off for applicationith its own sharpener (are you listening, Bobbi Brown?). The gloss itself is wonderful, too--a lovely cool plum that applies like a dream, is easily buildable (yet doesn't cake or look heavy no matter how many times you reapply), and really looks and feels like gloss on the lips. No problems with bleeding, and it leaves a beautiful stain as the glossiness wears off. I'd buy every shade if I could. This is truly an ingenious product, carefully and cleverly designed, that does exactly what it should. Highly recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by ILoveStila80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Now THIS is a great lip color. Everytime I whip this out to reapply someone says "Oooh, what's that?" I guess it's a little unusual looking for a lip pencil, being that it's 5 inches and glossy black packaging. The texture of the pencil is soft and easy to apply. No need to even put on a lip moisturizer before applying because this is moisturizing enough. It costs $20 and I found it at Barneys. The price might be a little more than what some people would spend a lip product (although I feel like all my lip prouducts cost that much) however I've had this pencil since May, I use it all the time, and I haven't had to sharpen it once yet so I think it will last a long, long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

Another lovely from the Lipstick Queen line. This comes in a chubby pencil form, as tall as a Nars lipgloss and very chubby - you get a substantial amount of product. It also comes with its own sharpener.

If you've tried Medieval, you can expect roughly the same amount of color payoff. It's also similar in texture and glossiness to Medieval. It's balmy and glossy, soft and easy to apply - no dragging.

Colorwise, it looks like a dark cool purple in the pencil. On the skin it's a sheery glossy purple balm. On the lips it's sheer plum with a touch of purple.

Paired with black tie optional lipstick it's absolutely lovely, a darker red plum purple with tons of gloss.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No