Ralph Lauren Lauren

4.3

on 1/17/2015 10:01:00 AM

The original Lauren is 5 lippies in my opinion. However, the current reformulation burns my nose and is nothing like the old one.

After a few hours, the new version does settle into something reminiscent of the original, but I cannot stand the initial notes. And even afte a few hours, it still does not have the warmth of the original.

I am hoarding vintage bottles since this is my signature scent, and I hope it will last me for many years, at least.

on 2/15/2014 1:53:00 PM

I remember my mom had a bottle of this when I was a kid. I used to think it smelled like wet roses. I would spray the tiniest little spritz on my wrist and sniff it all through the day, Fast forward to being a woman myself when I smelled some flowers in the rain on a gray day. It reminded me of the long forgotten Lauren. I hopped on Amazon and found myself a bottle. I can tell it's not exactly the same as the bottle my mom had but it's still great nonetheless. It's really a clean floral with a little spice thrown in for some depth. I still associate this with rainy days. I would have given it 5 stars if the formulation hadn't changed.

on 3/29/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have used Lauren on and off (mostly on) since 1978. Loved the original - the reformulation is partly why I use other perfumes. It just is not as good as the original....cannot capture the amazing clean freshness of the flowers nor the depth of the spicy woods. Too bad, such a gorgeous complex fragrance. I've received countless bottles of this over the years and one of them is an original that I savor. As another reviewer pointed out, the reformulated Lauren is better than no Lauren. I am contacting the company as suggested to help, perhaps, get our old favorite back.

on 2/27/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It's such a classic and I still love it as much as I did when I started wearing it in the 80s. It's clean and not syrupy sweet. Just a hint of sophistication but still innocent. Classy. Love it.

on 12/4/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

They never ever should of changed the original smell. The new one has nothing to do with the original, no woodsy note, no depth, nothing. Huuuhe disapointment

on 11/29/2012 12:54:00 AM

I recently purchased this for the first time and am loving it , though it is rumored to be discontinued . It is a woodsy floral , feminine , with good sillage and projection. To me it is classy , not too subdued nor overpowering , and very distinctive . It would be a great fragrance for any adult woman , day or night . Lovely !

on 10/13/2011 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Lauren is a lovely fragrance which I wore when it first came out in 1978 and for many years to follow; its fresh, sexy, woody, spicy. I love the original Lauren fragrance as it has much more depth to it, warmer and spicer than the new formulation, however in my opinion the new Lauren is better than no Lauren. I feel great when I wear it, just like great fitting clothes or your favorite fitting jeans, although its just no match for the original fragrance. I called the Ralph Lauren company and the woman told me that if they received enough calls or emails regarding the original formulation that they may consider bringing it back. She told me she would forward my request on to the proper channels. So if you love the original, don't give up - just get on the phone and Call AND Email Ralph Lauren and maybe with enough requests we can get the original back into production!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Every single Ralph Lauren fragrance that I have tried I have adored. Lauren is my Mom's signature scent. I've always loved how it smells, but I need to find my own "scent". I guarantee that it will be a Ralph Lauren though!

on 1/27/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I remember this scent from when I was a teen in the late 80's. Everyone was wearing all these other scents, but this one was the one I liked. I had a little tiny sample of it. I now have this for real. It doesn't get the full 5 stars because I remember this as being a bit less sweet, a cleaner scent. Maybe it's a reformulation, but I wish I could get the original one I had. It's a bit floral, a bit green, a bit fruity, blended seamlessly and perfectly (I know, kind of cheesy). : D

Edit: I've taken away a lippie. I don't like how this fades...it smells even less like the original formulation as time goes by, and I find I'm not wearing it as much.

on 9/20/2010 3:17:00 AM

Lauren by Ralph Lauren is a lovely Green Floral with just a touch of woodsy notes. It smells sophisticated and understated (unless one applies way too much). It's a warm and wonderful scent for Autumn and Winter. Unoffensive and accomplished enough to wear to work yet woodsy and green enough for casual jeans and a sweater wear. This is a perfect scent for Autumn and Winter. I highly recommend it.

Top notes: Green Notes and Violet; Middle Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Lilac and Violet; Base Notes: Clove, Cedarwood and Vetiver.

Popular Fragrances