Lancome Eau Fraiche Douceur

3.9

Aqua/Water Eau, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, Poloxamer 184, Dihydrocholeth-30, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Benzyl Salicylate, Propylene Glycol, Parfum/Fragrance, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium EDTA, Rosa Gallica Extract/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, D29634/1

on 4/13/2015 7:06:00 PM

There are two different versions of this product. I'm honestly not able to get a straight answer as to which is "newer", but the version I bought has alcohol as the second ingredient. I had memories of assisting a makeup artist and using the one she had on hand to remove remnants of mascara off of clients and to clean up eyeliner looks and thought I'd give it a go in my kit. While the formula I used before swiftly took away most mistakes in one swipe without irritation, this version leaves much to be desired. The high alcohol/low surfactant content basically makes what used to be an awesome micellar water into a toner. It's still in the sturdy and super convenient pump package, but I've had complaints about eye irritation while using this version from 2 clients already, and I'm not risking it again. Save your money, get a big bottle of Bioderma, and call it a day. Next!

on 1/25/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love the theory behind micellar waters for cleansing, and have been using Bioderma for at least a year or longer, I decided to stray and try the Lancôme micellar water. Pros....love the smell, the refreshed feeling, but on occasion, I noticed on the nights I used retin a, the next morning there would be slight stinging to my face and neck. Also this product leaves my face feeling a little dry. Lesson learned, will go back to the Bioderma. The Lancôme is more pricier than Bioderma and you get twice as much!

on 4/29/2013 3:04:00 PM

Love this as a toner to remove any residual eye makeup after i cleanse. I also use it in case i need to redo eyeliner or eye shadow. I dont mind if its expensive because it works and it doesnt irritate my skin like other toners. I love that i can use it around my eyes while other toners you cannot. The small bottle cost 38.00 and larger is 48.00. Its my staple product i stock up on especially during gifts with purchase promos.

on 10/15/2011 12:44:00 PM

After my sister passed away from breast cancer, I inherited this product from her. I love Lancome but don't usually use their facial care products, as they contain way too much perfume. However, upon first using this (with a heavy heart of course) I was pleasantly surprised. I agree with one of the previous reviewers in that this is wasteful to use as a total facial makeup remover. Instead, I use it as a toner after cleansing and it works beautifully to get all of my makeup traces off; and it is gentle enough to use on my eyes and lips. The scent is very light and elegant, as is the packaging and well designed bottle. I absolutely adore this product and hope that Lancome doesn't stop making it. I have already repurchased.

on 8/16/2011 2:32:00 AM

I bought this cleanser to use on days when I just don't feel like going to a sink and putting my face under water to cleanse and to remove my make up and stuff. It works really well for that, but I only use it occasionally. It takes a couple cotton pads with 3-4 pumps of this product on each to remove all of my makeup (from eyes to face). If you used this everyday you will run out of this product very quickly and as this wasn't the cheapest product in the world you will be very unhappy. But it has a lovely and fresh scent to it and even feels soapy on your face which I really like. The bottle looks sleek and elegant and has a nice pump that works nicely. Overall I really like this product, but it's main downfall is the price and how much product it takes to get everything off. Despite that though I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 3/24/2011 7:29:00 PM

**PROS: It smells great and feels refreshing on the skin. The bottle's nozzle is designed so you can fit a cotton pad underneath it to avoid accidentally wasting product.
**CONS: It takes A LOT of product to remove face makeup, especially eye makeup and mascara- Forget it! Just use it as a toner after you've removed your makeup and used a different face soap.

Extra Comments: This product functions similarly to Shiseido's Cleansing Water, which also smells super good. However, I feel that Shiseido's removes makeup more easily. I primarily use this Lancome Eau Fraiche Douceur as a toner, after I've removed my makeup and cleansed my face with something else. I like this product because it functions well as a toner; I took off one lippie because it don't think it's a cost-efficient product for removing makeup.

on 7/7/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is a good makeup remover with a lovely rose scent. It removes all of eye shadow, blush, TM and lipstick. However, it takes a bit more to remove mascara. Nice pump dispenser. It is is pricey at $39, but qualifies one for a GWP.

on 2/27/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this "cleansing water" as just a toner, instead of a 2 in 1 cleanser and toner. After I cleanse, I'll put three squirts of this on a cotton round and wipe any cleanser or make up residue I may have off my face. I actually don't like that it squirts a tiny stream of product, but packaging/bottle is really elegant.
I took a lippie off because I think it would be wasteful as a cleanser. I'd have to use a lot more product to actually cleanse my face. I'm about to run out and it only lasted me about 4 months using it as a toner.
As a toner, it works great. Its not drying, and feels refreshing. If you have the means, this would be a luxurious choice as a toner, but I can't justify paying another $35 for 7 oz of something I use as toner, even though it is high end.

on 8/31/2009 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Just when I thought my Christian Dior mattifying toner was HG, I discovered Lancome's cleansing water. This actually replaced Eau De Bienfait cleansing water. It's not exactly a toner, but a cleanser. It claims to remove makeup, but I use it after makeup removal and after my cleansing routine. It smells heavenly and removes all traces of makeup. It does not dry out my skin and I have had no adverse reactions to this product. It's a toss up between this and CD. Not sure which one I will repurchase. Maybe I'll get both and switch them up....LOL !!