December 18, 2014 | 1733 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is currently my top coat of choice. It's cheap, accessible and on par with more expensive topcoats. The Quick Dry Top Coat dries in 1 minute, and leaves nails hard and with the glassy shiny look that I like on my nails. It will bubble if too much is applied, so be careful of that. Also it starts getting goopy when it gets low in the bottle. However, the pros-cheap, shiny, and dries quickly, make this a top coat worth buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this because my favourite Sally Hansen top coat in the red bottle was all sold out at my local Superdrug.
Pros: leaves nails looking shiney, dries quickly, nice strong finish
Cons: makes polish crack after a couple of days
Won't be buying again, I hate the look of cracked nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by colleengmz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works great. You can't say it doesn't, it's alcohol with vitamins and oils so your hands don't get dry.
If this isn't working then you're putting way too many coats of nail polish on.
NAIL COAT RULE : ONLY TWO
LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by antoanto23

Im a bit shocked by the bad reviews...dry fast,super glossy,keep manicure lasting.
I use ista dri and revlon ,which is less thick and much easier to use.stop complaining about nothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by DontMakeASound

I would probably buy this again unless I found something better. It does work great. It provides good protection and a glossy finish. It lets my mani last for about 4-5 days without a chip.

However, it is not fast drying. I give it about an hour to dry completely. But overall, it is pretty good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I quite like this top coat!

I've been somewhat put off by using topcoats after using a Sally Hansen one that was just awful... This one however, has somewhat restored my faith.

This top coat is lovely and does what it says - provides a super shiny finish, and dries quite quickly. It also settles and evens itself out very well. It HAS bubbled on me a few times though - I noticed this usually happens if I apply a really thick coat of it or if the polish underneath is still too wet.

I don't necessarily think this top coat is amazing, but I find that when I apply it skilfully, it does do a good job of protecting my polish and giving a beautifully shiny finish. Because the price is so reasonable, I would probably repurchase.

I'd love to find a HG topcoat though! Any suggestions?

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I worked at a nail salon for a couple of years, so a nail tech must have a supply of things at home. I really like this top coat. I don't think it is the best out there, but I use it all the time because it does dry quickly. I am not saying 15 minutes, but I play it safe and gift it at least an hour to be completely dry. It gives a nice shine to everything, which is the most important role of a top coat besides protecting the polish underneath. There are brands that can be on the expensive side, but this is about 3-5 dollars at the most, so it saves money. As for the application of this product, it is really thin. Other reviewers described it as being oily, which is the way the consistency is. I have a problem with the brush though, which ruins nail art too easily because it grabs way too much polish when it is being painted with. You have to be careful with using this top coat because it doesn't have enough goopyness to it. I have grown rather fond of it now that I have learned to use it as a nail tech, but this seems like a bad top coat for nail techs in training or amateurs.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by laurahh2012

I found that this top coat took ages to dry (certainly wasn't fast drying) and didn't have an overly shiny finish. I found it quite oily, which made it prone to cracking. I also found that it smudged my nail art really easily, even if I left the nail art to dry overnight. The brush was small so I was guessing where I hadn't put it. Finally the 2nd half of the bottle was gloopy despite having only had the product for 6 months.
It was a good price for a branded bottle but could probably pay less for a non branded bottle of similar quality.
Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by drzoidbergrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I took to Make Up Alley to see what experiences others had with this top coat, I must say that I was shocked to see that this had such a high rating.
I'll get to the point... At first I was quite impressed with this polish. It dried completely within the hour, meaning I didn't wake up with sheet marks. It was shiny, but not too shiny. And, it didn't leave me with unwanted bubbling. But, after using it a couple of times I begun to see its flaws. This top coat made my nail polish lasts about 3 days (which is okay, but without a top coat my polish can generally last a week without chipping) and then it would crack, not chip, but crack. You could see lines and lines of cracks in the nail polish which is majorly unattractive. That was by far my biggest problem with this top coat.
On top of that, I feel like when I got half way through the bottle the polish all of a sudden became thicker and more of a struggle to apply, meaning I had to throw the rest of the product away.
Not completely impressed with this product, I don't think I will be repurchasing this any time soon, in the meantime I will be trying and testing other top coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This isn't a very shiny or neat top coat. If what you want is something purely functional, this is your top coat. It doesn't really "dry" your nails, it just kinda coats it in a oily layer that protects your nails and prevents things from ruining the coats underneath. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to bed too soon after applying this. The brush sucks because it's too thin and you can't really tell where you've already put the top coat. It doesn't really feel like you're actually applying anything to your nails, so I think I end up putting too much on. I prefer my nails to be super shiny, like gels, so I use seche vite, but this is a good alternative if you don't mind your manicure being lackluster.

***edit: I belive this review is actually for a similar product called liquid quick dry.