October 26, 2014 | 929 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational-Coral Crush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A really pretty coral shade :)
Most coral lipsticks are too orange and make me look pasty. But this is slightly pink and looks slightly milky on the lips. When I apply it over lipbalm, it gives me a MLBB look. When I apply it on its own, it freshens up my face :)
In terms of wear, it will stay shiny and fresh for about two hours, and then the shine subdues and a stain is left behind. The stain is very light, so when it wears off it doesn't leave any chunks of colour or a ring around the lips. It's relatively hydrating so by the time i reapply, it won't leave my lips chapped.
The lipstick itself smells like playdough to me though. my mom says it smells like coconut, but all I smell is a mixture of playdough with a hint of instant cake mix... Thankfully, the scent is unnoticable on the lips. It's smooth and creamy with no sparkle or shimmer.
The only thing i dislike about this lipstick is the packaging. The red, sqaure case makes it look very cheap.
I'll definately repurchase this lipstick when I'm finished it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by 3025195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim, it was on sale and I really liked the color.
Now, its one of my favorite lipsticks, the color is just spot on trend and I feel like you get the longevity out of it for what you pay (fully priced)
I noticed it in a couple of my friends lipstick collections as well and we all love it.

It goes on creamy, and if your lips aren't in top shape it doesn't show flakes or dryness. The smell is really pleasant as well. Cannot fault this in any way.
WIll buy again, and in other shades too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a hard job to find this and when I did there was one left.
I bought the Fuschia and loved it so much I wanted the coral too.
It is a watermelon colour.
I wear mine blotted and applied with a lip brush to help it last.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by confessionsonadancefloor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The labelling of the color "coral" is a bit misleading because I feel this lipstick leans far closer to pink that it does the orange-y hues of coral. Luckily my skintone seems to agree with the color, and I'm sure I have several outfits that would go with this color (I only purchased it a few days ago.)

For a drugstore brand, this lipstick is quite rich and doesn't take too much time to get all-over coverage on my lips (I can only speak for this particular color.) I went to brush my teeth with the lipstick on, and after I finished the vast majority of it was still in place... not bad!

PROS:
Rich color
Good coverage
Good water-resistance

CONS:
Misleading label
Hardly coral... more of a sweet pink
Difficult color for many skintones

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by imsoboredof

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If I could I would rate it 3.5... I like to think of this shade as a proto-Vivid. It's a bold glossy color, as are the Vivids, yet it is sheerer and not as long lasting. In fact, it's the sheerest of all my orange/coral lipsticks (that aren't lip balms). This isn't a bad thing in my opinion, since orange is a harder color to wear and all of mine are really pigmented. This is the lipstick I pull out when I want a sort of translucent but still really noticeable orange-y shade. Like other people have said, this is not the pure orange color it looks like in the tube, on the lips it becomes more of a pink-y watermelon coral. I find this shade to be a bit waxier in texture than the other Color Sensationals I've tried. If you have chapped lips, this will emphasize them. I like applying this on top of a clear lip balm, to get that sheer jelly-like color, but you could easily build it up (it will never be as opaque as the Vivids, fyi). Maybelline lipsticks have always smelled a bit like playdough to me, which I don't mind because I like the smell but others won't. The packaging is okay, not really my style, but I hate that it doesn't come sealed in store! I actually bought this because it was said to be a MAC Toxic Tale dupe, if that matters at all. Would probably repurchase, if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm amazed with this lippie! This wasn´t my first option at the drugstore, it seamed too bright, almost clownish, but when I saw the color in the tube I thought it was a really pretty color and I wanted to give it a try (after all, they are not very expensive). I'm very fair with a cool complexion and always stayed away from corals because orange undertones wash me out, but this lipstick was a nice surprise! It is more on the pinkie side without being "bubblegum pink", it is more like a watermelon color, it makes me look more awake and brightens my face. I love how this color makes my lips look "juicy".

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Every time I swatch this there is usually only a tester as most displays are sold out...until today. Finally got a tube and it's pretty darn great. One of those shades you might see on someone and think, Wow that is a swell looking color. This coral is the best blend of pink and coral and a bonus is it makes teeth look whiter than white. I love this lipstick line cause they wear so comfortably and the colors are very wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SOOOOOOOOO SUPER GORGEOUS!!! Don't use this review as a reason to buy this because I just got this today and loved it so much I couldn't restrain myself from writing a review!! The colour is more pink than coral. I've yet to find the perfect coral lipstick! The formula as a first impression is long lasting and creamy. Much like the Revlon Lip Butters, It looks bad if you have dry lips. BUT!!! This is a very pretty colour! About the price, It is 7-11 dollars CAD which is a little expensive for a 14 year old with a babysitting job! I would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I was dying for this color. I wanted it to look more like the third picture but it comes out more like the ones later on, a darker pink. This is a more pink coral, and quite bright. It's not my favorite color like I hoped, but I still wear it. I like it enough but probably won't repurchase. I got a good price as well so that keeps me happy. I totally love the Vivid color in Shocking Coral, but you can't wear that everywhere while this is a bit more wearable for day time/work. One thing I do love is that it feels super emollient. Not at all drying and I don't think it has an offensive smell. For some outfits, this color works.

Just added 2 big swatch pictures. This color is surprisingly close to Nyx Haute Melon, and a little to Nyx Femme, but I find Rimmel in Kate 110 to be closer (but matte) to Femme. This color (Maybelline CC) is a bit more pink than Haute Melon, but both are very bright. I will say it is way brighter in real life. It's impossible to get the pictures to capture correctly, that's why I made a comparison image.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by jbdr

I bought this after i ve read the reviews here and im glad i did ;-) I loove the color! Its pinkish on me not really coral. Perfect for summer or if you want a pop of color on your face.