September 19, 2014 | 1776 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Pink Me Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by dcalhalabi93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SO many things to love about this lipstick. For a while I was giving up on lipstick because I couldn't find the right one. I wanted a lipstick that was close enough to my natural lip color that I could wear any day all day without looking like a street walker, but was light and feminine still and a good alternative to a clear gloss. But in the past I have tried many that were too Barbie pink when put on, or almost no difference in my natural lip whatsoever which is a bit darker than usual because of my European background. I was skeptical of this one but bought it anyways because of the cool Rosy/Burgundy case. And I couldn't wait to try it on, so immediately after closing my car door I put it on in the car mirror and I was SO thrilled to have bought it. It is very true to color before and after putting it on, it last so long and doesn't cake up in weird places or dry out your lips like other lipsticks do. It works especially well with a very light gloss dabbed onto it to add a fun shine, although none is needed.
I have since bought another shade of this same brand because I love both the look and feel of this lipstick. I will search no more for a dependable lipstick brand!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by dany06

Everytime I've gone to a mac counter I've been matched to nc45. It thinks it a bit yellow. I have more peachy yellow tones. I think for foundation color wise Im more revlon colorstay oily/combo rich ginger. My lips are quite pigmented. The bottom is mainly pinkish and the top is rimmed with mauve and purple.

I love this color for a pink. Its not as barbie pink on me like Revlon Pink in the Afternoon. (Revlon Pink in the afternoon is a very wearable bright warmy peachy pink that looks super girly on me. ) It has a cream finish and goes on almost opaque. I love that it is not super slippery. The color is very pretty and wearable. It could easily goes as a tad brighter mlbb color. It is an everyday pink. It covers the mauvey tones on my upper lip quite well. The pink is warm to neutral. Its not cool toned and doesnt have that purple cast to it.

For a woman of color I would recommend this pink. A similar but more nude shade would be Maybelline's warm me up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lippie has a nice texture and staying power but it's just a little too warm for my cool coloring. I can wear it if I apply cool toned pinkish gloss over it. It's nice neutral color but it does not give my complexion any "pizazz" at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by DaysiDarling

OMG! I ABSOLUTELY love this lipstick. My absolute favorite shade, I buy this lipstick often because I use it almost on a daily basis. I've always searched for different shades that match my skin tone and this is a very versitile color. This lipstick can be used during the day at work or school all the way to going out at night. Its such a beautiful color, its not a matte lipstick its creamy but it looks nice on most skin tones. LOVE IT <3 <3 <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by KellyKen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color! It is my new go to color for everything! I am a huge lipstick person, and I am always looking for a great everyday pink. (I am a light to medium olive tone.) This is seriously it! I love the texture, color, and scent. It is comparable to Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon, but it is a more medium pink.

This is my first purchase of Maybelline's line, and I'm really happy with it overall. It is a bit more drying than my favorite drugstore brand, Revlon Super lustrous, but I still like it a lot!

Buy it, you'll love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absoloutely love this product! It is a very pretty and versatile pink shade, glides on smoothly & is also quite hydrating. It's a little bit pricey, but still a great product that I will be repurchasing (as with basically every product I own.)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are fair skinned with a yellow undertone and haven't been able to find a light pink that works for you, I definitely suggest this! I had SUCH a hard time finding a light pink shade that worked with my skin tone, and this is "the one" for me. It's just a very pretty, flattering, romantic color. I enjoy the packaging, the price (under $6), the color, the payoff, it may be a little drying so I do suggest scrubbing lips and putting balm under for the first time you put it on during the day. After that it tends to be fine, even after reapplying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a cream blush. It gives a great natural looking flush and lasts pretty long. The color is a muted mid-toned pink. On my lips, it looks okay but it settles into the lines of my lips. The color on my lips is also nothing special. But a lot of lipsticks do that, I don't know why. I exfoliate and moisturize them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this lipstick because of the shade, texture, and staying power. It's one of my favorite lipsticks and is a classic "my lips but better" shade. This color seems comparable to Revlon's "Pink in the Afternoon" shade, because they are both warm-toned, neutral pinks. For reference, I'm very pale with freckles and it's pretty hard to find neutral lipstick shades for my skintone.

Shade- like said above, very warm-toned and neutral, perfect for everyday wear and across seasons. I really like how this shade would fit summer (the pink sort of pops in a very subtle way) and winter (it's a very deep, vintagey sort of pink). It manages to make your lips stand out while at the same time being very neutral and subtle. For reference, while I haven't tried this yet, this shade would probably match very well with Rimmel's lip pencil in Eastend Snob. No shimmer as far as I can tell.

Application/texture- I combined these because they're sort of the same- the texture of the lipstick directly affects how it applies. And the application/texture is FANTASTIC! So creamy and easy to apply without being overly creamy and messy! It seriously is the perfect texture and applying it couldn't be more easy to work with. So often I buy lipsticks from the drugstore and have to return them because the texture isn't right- either it will make my lips look more chapped or sink into the cracks and make them stand out, and the color won't even really absorb. Thankfully this exceeds that and more.

Lasting Power- one of the best out of any lipsticks I've tried. It literally lasts all day, and even after hours and hours of wear it will leave a faded, neutral stain on the lips, basically just a more subdued look. I love how it feels on my lips too- not only does it not dry out my lips at all, but it actually seems to moisten them and feels so light and moisturizing while I'm wearing it!

Overall I highly recommend this lipstick! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a few lippies from this line because I like that there's no slippage in the formula, so no bleeding into corners. It's texture reminds me of a lip liner in a lipstick format. Compared to other lipsticks, it doesn't glide on as easily and you have to apply more pressure (not a lot but more so than a nyx round lippie). It has very good lasting power (about 6 hours on me with minimal eating & drinking) and wears down to a stain.

Another reviewer hit it directly on describing the color--a brighter medium pink with a slight coral tone. I went into the store looking for a mlbb lippie and I blame the lighting in the store in making me think this lipstick was a pink brown. Though it wasn't what the color I was searching for, this is a great color when I want a pop of color. Goes very well with my pale skin without screaming "look at my lips!"