Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Me Up

4.3

on 7/29/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Deep pink with neutral undertone. Maybe not an ideal color for cool-toned light skin (I am NC 20) but still works fine. Maybelline lipsticks are really amazing btw. SUPER pigmented, quite moisturizing, long-lasting, and even the shape is perfect for precise application.

on 4/18/2015 1:14:00 PM

I never pass the drugstore lipstick aisle without looking over the new shades. I've watched a few youtube videos over the Colorsensationals and wanted to see them in person. I love how these are catergorized by shades. It seems my tastes run in the pinks, mauves and nude color chart. Pink Me Up caught my attention. It's a nice medium pink in the cooler shade range. Love that it didn't look like a dry, matte lipstick. It goes on smooth and feels so creamy and moisturizing. It smells and taste of vanilla, so that is a big plus if you're going to wear lipstick. Compliments my light-medium ( NW 20 ) skintone. I plan on going back to purchase a couple more. You can afford to buy 2-3 of the colorsensationals for the price of what one highend lipstick cost.

on 1/15/2015 7:16:00 PM

I'm really impressed with this formula. It goes on like a satin and dries down just a bit to feel pretty similar to a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream but with some sheen. I can feel some slip as it dries, but not as much as a balm or a more sheer formula. If I use it before it dries completely, I do see transfer on my cups. I get a couple hours of wear time before I need to reapply and I am constantly drinking water/coffee. I like having lipsticks that are easy to use if I don't have access to a mirror and this one definitely fits the bill for that. Both the packaging and performance are excellent for the price point. I'm a little turned off by the smell but it does fade quickly. The color of my product reads true to the pictures uploaded by others.

on 12/21/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This color is my go-to everyday color. It doesn't dry out my lips or settle in lines or dry spots, which is important since my lips are always peeling. It isn't very long-lasting, but even when it fades away, it leaves my lips with a little bit of a stain, which I love. I just wish it lasted longer, but that is to be expected with this creamy, satin formula. I would definitely re-buy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

SO many things to love about this lipstick. For a while I was giving up on lipstick because I couldn't find the right one. I wanted a lipstick that was close enough to my natural lip color that I could wear any day all day without looking like a street walker, but was light and feminine still and a good alternative to a clear gloss. But in the past I have tried many that were too Barbie pink when put on, or almost no difference in my natural lip whatsoever which is a bit darker than usual because of my European background. I was skeptical of this one but bought it anyways because of the cool Rosy/Burgundy case. And I couldn't wait to try it on, so immediately after closing my car door I put it on in the car mirror and I was SO thrilled to have bought it. It is very true to color before and after putting it on, it last so long and doesn't cake up in weird places or dry out your lips like other lipsticks do. It works especially well with a very light gloss dabbed onto it to add a fun shine, although none is needed.
I have since bought another shade of this same brand because I love both the look and feel of this lipstick. I will search no more for a dependable lipstick brand!

on 6/18/2014 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Everytime I've gone to a mac counter I've been matched to nc45. It thinks it a bit yellow. I have more peachy yellow tones. I think for foundation color wise Im more revlon colorstay oily/combo rich ginger. My lips are quite pigmented. The bottom is mainly pinkish and the top is rimmed with mauve and purple.

I love this color for a pink. Its not as barbie pink on me like Revlon Pink in the Afternoon. (Revlon Pink in the afternoon is a very wearable bright warmy peachy pink that looks super girly on me. ) It has a cream finish and goes on almost opaque. I love that it is not super slippery. The color is very pretty and wearable. It could easily goes as a tad brighter mlbb color. It is an everyday pink. It covers the mauvey tones on my upper lip quite well. The pink is warm to neutral. Its not cool toned and doesnt have that purple cast to it.

For a woman of color I would recommend this pink. A similar but more nude shade would be Maybelline's warm me up.

on 4/9/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This lippie has a nice texture and staying power but it's just a little too warm for my cool coloring. I can wear it if I apply cool toned pinkish gloss over it. It's nice neutral color but it does not give my complexion any "pizazz" at all.

on 1/10/2014 2:02:00 PM

OMG! I ABSOLUTELY love this lipstick. My absolute favorite shade, I buy this lipstick often because I use it almost on a daily basis. I've always searched for different shades that match my skin tone and this is a very versitile color. This lipstick can be used during the day at work or school all the way to going out at night. Its such a beautiful color, its not a matte lipstick its creamy but it looks nice on most skin tones. LOVE IT <3 <3 <3 <3

on 10/7/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this color! It is my new go to color for everything! I am a huge lipstick person, and I am always looking for a great everyday pink. (I am a light to medium olive tone.) This is seriously it! I love the texture, color, and scent. It is comparable to Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon, but it is a more medium pink.

This is my first purchase of Maybelline's line, and I'm really happy with it overall. It is a bit more drying than my favorite drugstore brand, Revlon Super lustrous, but I still like it a lot!

Buy it, you'll love it!

on 8/19/2013 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely love this product! It is a very pretty and versatile pink shade, glides on smoothly & is also quite hydrating. There are no shimmers in this shade. It's a little bit pricey, but still a great product that I will be repurchasing (as with basically every product I own so far.)

Recommended for Medium Skin