Mary Kay TimeWise Replenishing Serum + C

4.5

Water, Glycerin , Dimethicone , Hydrogenated Polydecene , Butylene Glycol , Propylene Glycol , Betaine , Alcohol , PEG-32 , Maltodextrin , Polyacrylamide , Triethanolamine , Diazolidinyl Urea , Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Alcohol Denat. , Disodium EDTA , Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract , Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract , C13-14 Isoparaffin, Urea , Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Glucosamine HCl , Methylparaben, Algae Extract, Yeast Extract , Phenoxyethanol , Lecithin , Silanetriol Trehalose Ether , Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract, Secale Cereale (Rye) Seed Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate , Laureth-7 , Xanthan Gum , Punica Granatum Extract , Propylparaben , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Carbomer , Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract , Pinus Sylvestris Bark Extract , Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose , Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Leaf Extract , Rutin , Benzophenone-4 , Ethylparaben , Chlorphenesin , Sodium Methylparaben , Butylparaben , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 , Titanium Dioxide

on 3/22/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Calling this a vitamin C serum seems something of a stretch. There is very, very little vitamin C in here. The first ingredient that provides any vitamin C doesn't show up until #17 on the ingredients list, after at least one preservative, and it's just a plant extract (acerola) that contains vitamin C. There is a bit of magnsium ascorbyl phosphate, but it's so close to the bottom of the long ingredients list that it's meaningless. This serum also causes me to break out, so I see no point in continuing to use it.

Ingredients; water, glycerin, dimethicone, hydrogenated polydecene, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, betaine, alcohol, peg-32, maltodextrine, polyacrylamide, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, acrylates/c10-30 alcylacrylate crosspolymer, alcohol denat., disodium edta, acerola fruit extract, argania spinosa kernel extract, c-13-14 isoparaffin, urea, terminalia ferdinandiana fruit extract, glucosamine hcl, methylparaben, algae extract, saccharomyces cerevisiae extract, phenoxyethanol, lecithin, silanetriol trehalose ether, myrciaria dubia fruit extract, rye seed extract, sodium cocoyl glutamate, laureth-7, xanthan gum, punica granatum extract, propylparaben, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, carbomer, linseed extract, pinus sylvestris bark extract, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, black current leaf extract, rutin, benzophenone-4, chlorphenesin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium methylparaben, ethylparaben, pentylene glycol, potassium benzoate, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, palmitoyl oligopeptide, titanium dioxide. continued >>

on 1/5/2015 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am not a MK rep. Although this has dimethicone in it, for some reason it does not break me out like the Timewise moisturizer and makeup primer did. Maybe the C counteracts it. I had to find the ingredients on PaulasChoice.com; MK only lists "key" ingredients.

Anyway, this has worked well to fade my hyperpigmentation. I even use it under my eyes since I have hyperpigmentation there, and it doesn't irritate them. [A lot of things DO irritate my under-eye area so that is surprising.]

on 12/18/2014 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received this serum as a gift from a friend who sells Mary Kay. I owe that friend a ton because this serum was really nice! Even without using the entire Timewise system, the serum still made a positive change on my skin. My skin became brighter and softer within a week. I'd recommend this product. The only two downsides to me are the smell and the price. If this hadn't been a gift, I'd have never gotten it because it's pricey.

on 7/5/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am surprised how much I loved this serum because I am not a fan of Mary Kay products at all. This leaves my face feeling moisturised at night without the need for a separate cream. My skin has looked really clear and bright - been using this for ten months now. I use a bit more than I think it says to use but that's fine with me because since I added more, I have skipped night moisturizing cream.

on 7/22/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome!! Definitely have more of an even complexion in my skin and previous acne scars are starting to go away, which was exactly what i was hoping for. Takes a few weeks before you notice anything but definitely worth the wait. Would highly recommend!

on 4/7/2013 8:04:00 PM

I have been very happy with this product. It also smells amazing! I've noticed that any pigmentation from breakouts fades and heals much faster since using this. I will continue to use this product.

on 12/12/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Any new skin care product should be used for at least 60 days to really experience the benefits. This product is fabulous but you have to be patient to see results. Also, its not uncommon for skin to breakout when using a new product which is why experts recommend 60 days. I've read some unhappy reviews but it doesn't appear they really gave the product a chance. Breakouts aren't always because a product clogs the pores.

on 11/12/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I use this after exfoliating or after using a marykay facemask. it makes my skin feel very soft and smooth. this is just a serum so i also apply an oil free moisturiser after it has dried and seems to work well for my acne prone skin. This is pricey but works for me so I will continue to buy.

on 10/23/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using MK since I was 18, now I'll be 39 in 8 days. I use some other products as well but MK is my all time fav. I don't have a single wrinkle thanks to using this product line my whole life. And no, i'm not being paid to say this & I don't work for MK. Everyone's face is going to react to every skin care line differently. Just because Estee Lauder is doing wonders for your skin doesn't mean it's going to work for mine now does it??? With that said, the Serum C is amazing, truly. Every time I use it my skin gets a dewy rosy glow that I just love. I only apply it 3xs a week at night. I use the Timewise cleanser for dry skin even though I have oily skin because I love the creamy texture. I use the Timewise moisturizure for oily skin & once a week I use the Timewise age fighting mask. I also use some Philosophy cleansers, moisturizures & masks, Clinique moisturizures & eye creams & Lancome moisturizures. I have an intense anti aging regimen seeing that I have no wrinkles & would like to keep it that way.
I buy a lot of my stuff off Craigslist. I look for consultants going out of business selling off their inventory cheap, that's the best way to but MK if you just want to try it without paying full price. Just a good tip :)

on 8/25/2012 4:14:00 AM

I'm conflicted with all the positive reviews this product has received. Reading all the phenomenal reviews, I expected this product to deliver amazing results that were visible. To be honest after using it for 3 weeks now, it was underwhelming. I'm not sure if it's done much at all to improve my facial skin tone or make it any brighter. If anything, I'm just wondering what's the deal with all the raving reviews. Are they authentic, genuine reviews from actual customers? Or are they written by Mary Kay reps themselves? I don't know. All I know is that this product has not lived up to its hype and rave reviews. And my skin still looks the same.

Popular Treatments (Face)