April 21, 2014 | 1484 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen - Plum

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ducktaco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Uh. This is a dark but faded plum. It takes time and effort just to get on the skin, like those off-brand markers your mom bought when she wasn't paying attention. We are now a committed RoseArt home.

Anywho, if you're going for a "I'm-not-wearing-anything-ish" kind of water-based liner look instead of the oily-er renditions, this could be interesting. But I'd go for another make. Good idea, though, e.l.f.. Was a new one for me. Went in the trash after it became even noticeably drier and the weird marker cotton gunk built a nib.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a fan of the formula or colour. It doesn't look plum at all to me, more of a dull medium brown which was a huge let down as I was expecting some shade of purple. The formula isn't wear friendly either as it flakes and peels off within a few hours. An item worthy of the trash can.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have reviewed the Waterproof Pens as a whole i believe and i have to say that these are my life savers. years ago i began using liquid liner & i got use to it but having super long lashes, it would always get into lashes & i could never get the wing look like others could do. ive been practicing for years & nothing has made it easier or have made my lash line look so good then these pens from Elf. ive bought a few others from other drugstore companies but always come back to these!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Elf Waterproof Eyeliner Pens can be found on the Elf website from the Essential line for only $1!!! yes only 100 pennies (i hear there was a secret meeting where they discussed getting rid of the $1usd??) All shades can be found on their site as well as some can be found in various Target stores. I have also seen these at my local Dollar Stores as well sometimes. It all depends on your location but the price is $1 which is amazing since i can buy a few & stock pile them
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Plum is one of my favorites shades since like some have said before, its nearly black. Its a very dark plum/black. i notice the plum more as it dries out eventually. I like using this everyday for any look since its dark enough to define lash line w/out being as super black as the black shade. I love all of the colors but plum is beautiful. Most of the pens end up being super dark which make them all look black. This pairs well w/ any look from neutral to smoky. I love using the tip to line the outer wing & the side to line the lash line. The pens alone w/ no primer will last around 5-6 hrs before beginning to fade but paired w/ a primer these pens will last over 8 hrs before i see any fading. i actually have to use a makeup remover to remove these at the end of the day.
=PACKAGING=
The Waterproof pens come in a marker type of pen. They are black plastic marker pens. The label/logo is written in metallic silver writing & the shade name is located on the very bottom of pen on a sticker thats colored like the shade name. The tip is great. The tip if pointed for precise application. it is a tad flexible but not alot like some ive tried. The ink sits in the pen & i suggest or demand that if you want these to last then make sure to store these TIP DOWN so you will see the sticker on the bottom which is nice so if you have more than one you will see shade name. this way, the ink will continue to be going down into tip otherwise it will def dry up quickly. ive bought some that were already dried up since in the stores, they are stored upright which pulls the ink from tip so they ruin the product. These will last quite some time if stored this way. w/ daily use, these markers will last me around 1 month maybe a little bit longer. which is great!! i can afford $1 a month even less if they last a little longer. wonderful affordable product. packaging is great, just like those that costs alot more. The markers make it so easy to line the lash line & wing it out. ive never was able to do so until i got these pens. the tip makes it so easy to do. i always get compliments now on my eye makeup since using a little wing at the end.
Overall, Plum is a wonderful shade to use everyday. if you want a more purple vivid color, then y0u are in lucky since Elf has recently released Purple which is more of a true purple. But Plum is dark & gorgeous. i will continue to always use these everyday. i LOVE these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Since I loved this in Black, I decided to try the Plum. I really love that one too!! It is very pigmented, long lasting, and helps create the most perfect, exact lines! I was assuming the Plum would be more of a lighter color, but it is very dark. It looks almost black. But that is not a problem. I think it is good this way because it is like black, only a little different. I'm so glad I found these liners! They are AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ahensley0024

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have only been using this product for about 3 days, but I love it. The color looks black to me, I even swatched it on my hand and went outside to see how it would show up in natural sunlight, still looked black to me, but thats ok, I wear black liquid liner almost every day anyway. The problem that I have with most liquid liners pens is that they dry up after a week or so of use, even when stored tip down. I cant comment on whether or not this one will dry up, as I have only had it for a few days, but it's not a big deal if it does...it was only $1. I have sensitive eyes, and I did not notice in fumes or odd smells like other users have commented on. Also, no flaking. The color did last all day, no smudging, running, flaking, or color transfer. The spot I swatched on my hand even lasted through several hand washings and a shower, still there but faint.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by 12eme20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a dark plum color, almost black. It does last all day without any fading or smudging, even on my oily lids. Be careful when capping it shut- this pen will dry out quickly if exposed to air.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by quix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It seems like the Plum may have changed somewhat from whenever I got it. Mine is a gorgeous and multi-faceted dark dark purple.

I quite like the ELF liquid liners; they are my backup to my HG, the Wet & Wild ones. I may not buy a liquid liner outside of these two lines again.

However, the ELF liquid liners are fairly dry by nature and can flake or crack. If you poke or scratch around your eyes a lot like I do (contacts and eye makeup only get along to a certain extent), that becomes a bit of an issue. I have oily lids otherwise so it doesn't bother me in that regard.

Other than that issue, this eyeliner is great. I have the Midnight as well, which is flat and not as nice, but still very dark and rich in colour. The felt tip is a little thick and doesn't taper enough, which makes it harder to manage, but it is firm and fairly easy to use. Especially if you don't mind thicker lines. I use a Q-tip to thin down the lines to my preferred levels sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this product. The Plum color was actually brown with maybe a slight hint of plum if you looked really hard. It looks plum in the jar and on the applicator, but not on skin. It did stay on all day without smudging, which is hard with my oily eyelids. But it applied very patchy, and the fumes irritated my eyes. It also flaked off when I tried to remove it. I wish it would have been better, because it is a great price!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

This is the worst liquid eyeliner I've ever used. Maybe I got a bad bottle compared to the reviewers below
Color - the color was not very plumy, it was more like a dull brown.
Application - the color was not very solid, I had to apply many times to get a solid line.
Wear - this stuff wears terribly. about 6 hours in the stuff started flaking off, making my eye makeup look messy and odd.
Removal - like one of the reviewers below noted, this stuff doesn't dissolved off, it flakes off, leaving behind a mess on/around/below your eye that is difficult to clean up. You practically have to remove chunks of this with your fingers

Definitely will not use again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

PROS: Pretty dark plum with a bit of shimmer (nearly black). Stays well throughout the day. I like the felt (rather than hair) brush applicator.
CONS: When removing, tends to clump rather than dissolve (even when using eye makeup remover). You'll have to pick clumps of the stuff out of your eyelashes!

A decent product, worth giving a try. At some point I might repurchase this--heck it's $1 and decent! I'd give it a 3.5.