November 22, 2014 | 1326 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Studio Line Single in Pebble

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful shade with great versatility. I can do both lid and crease with this product as it is very buildable and silky to apply. A cool mid taupe, it's not totally matte but only has the very subtlest shimmer which is not noticable when worn. Very flattering for my blue grey eyes. No chalkiness here that I've noticed, and no fallout. As other reviewers have mentioned, it's a great brow powder too.

With ELF's own eyelid primer this stuff lasts all day. Without, it may require a touch up halfway through the day. This shadow does not smudge, become blotchy or fade unevenly and does not sink into creases wether primer is used or not. Seriously I love this, it's my HG neutral eyeshadow colour now. I am tempted to ditch my Revlon colourstay pallettes (which I love) and replace where possible with colours from this range.

The packaging is unusually nice for E.L.F - very sturdy and substantial and quite high end looking, with a small mirror on the lid and a window so you can see which shade you have before opening. You get a nice amount of product also - although I expect to be wearing this a lot from now on I think it's going to take a long time to run out. When it does, I will repurchase for sure.

*EDIT* After using this shadow for a month or so, I have to admit to taking off a lippy. This is because the texture of the product has changed in that time and become progressively more broken up and dusty in the pan, and rather chalky. It is still a beautiful colour and lasts well on the lid, but has become quite difficult to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't know I'd love this eyeshadow as much as I do. It can be such a perfect brow blending color through the inner part of the brow. I prefer a cool toned shade for cut creases for some reason, and this is perfect with Wet N' Wild's Brulee, another go-to single for me. I haven't hit pan on Pebble yet and I have been using it for 9 months on an on/off daily basis (I have probably used this for about 6 months worth of daily use). I use this to mix with a brow color that may look a little too warm, like the Revlon Brow Fantasy in Brunette, which is too neutral for me and not cool enough. For the record, my skin is light-medium, olivey-yellow, on the warm side, NC25, my lightest is NC20 and my darkest is lighter than NC30. I do look greenish when I get paler and certain shades really bring out the yellow and green in me. My hair is naturally a neutral soft black or an extremely deep brown in some lights. I am half Afghan and half Russian so my skin and hair are sometimes hard to match colors with. I think this e/s is all around a good color but for mixed race Caucausian-y people it is especially helpful. I have read blogs that this is a dupe for MAC Copperplate and I don't know if I'd ever justify spending on Copperplate when this is really good.. maybe I'll find an Inglot dupe and spend $6 for 2x the amount that MAC e/s contain/4x the amount that Elf e/s contain.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by macless13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Almost finished with this product, and I intend to buy it as soon as I run out. It's a greyish-taupe color that shows up matte. I've heard many say that they use it for brow powder, for me it's my go-to crease color. I have issues with eyeshadows being too pigmented to look natural in my crease, but this one is just right in all aspects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a generous swap and I really like this. It is a lovely cool to neutral taupe with just the faintest amount of shimmer that doesn't really "read" when applied. It is fairly pigmented but not extremely so; some people will consider this a fault; others like myself will appreciate this because I am not great at makeup application and it is easier for me to apply formulas that are not densely pigmented. For $3 retail, this is excellent. The packaging is OK--I don't get thrilled by luxe packaging (I'd rather not pay for the privilege), and serviceable simply packaging is fine with me. This is a good color for my brows as well which is why I sought out a swap for this. It is quite similar to my own favorite taupe shade: Sally's Bark which is very very very hard to find. I would love to try one or two more colors in this line, but it appears matte shades are few and far between. I wonder when the makeup world will realize that not all of us can wear shimmer or glitter...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pebble is a nice neutral shade in my collection. Nothing about it is spectacular in and of itself, but it does what it does nicely. When I need something neutral that is a medium intensity this shadow does the trick - no brainer. One thing I didn't expect is how nice of a brow powder Pebble would be. On my black, sparse and scraggly brows Pebble provides just the right amount of shadow behind to fill in without overpowering or looking artificial like most pencils (mine are just too overplucked to use a pencil without it being really obvious). I am happy with the versatility of this e/s.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm sorry- but owning MAC's Copperplate, the two are nothing alike. Pebble has a shimmer, while Copperplate is matte. Copperplate also is straight gray, Pebble is a taupey color, more brown then gray. The color payoff is alright. It's a beautiful color, but I wouldn't say its a dupe for Copperplate.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

dead ringer for mac copperplate. if i had to own only one e/s i would want a shade like this. and since elf makes a good quality, well packaged, generously priced shadow in this shade, i say this is a must have! if you prefer your mac shadow then no need to own this since it's not incredibly unique. but its just THAT shade every girl should have.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i lucked out and found this at a dollar store, the texture's really nice and the color is too, especially considering how cheap it was.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

wow! i bought all these quite awhile ago & im so glad i finally got around to writing my review this.. I absolutely adore this shadow! i own all the Elf Studio Eyeshadows & love em all but this one is prob one of the top 3!
~~~~~~~~PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf Studio Eyeshadow singles can be found online at the eyeslipsface site & various shades in varying Target & KMart stores. I have recently seen these are my local Dollar Tree for $1 which is amazing so check out your local Dollar Tree to see if you can pick these up to try. Elf Studio Eyeshadow singles are priced at $3 which is a great price but even better that rarely do you need to pay full price, check these out during a good sale. Check online for coupon/codes to use. Ive paid full price for some & got some on sales.
~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~
According to the Elf site.."The beautiful soft texture melts into the skin for a vibrant color that lasts. Convenient and easy to apply, just layer the color to achieve the desired intensity. Apply wet or dry for a fabulous look that never creases or fades." To me, Pebble is a medium toned cool gray taupe. The finish leans more on the matte side but maybe a little bit of a satin finish. Pigmentation is great. It shows up a little bit lighter on eye than it does in pan. Its pigmented & true to color but can easily be sheered out or built up for a more intense darker color. its one of my fav shadows to use for my daytime/neutral smoky eye looks. its a great all around shadow meaning- it can be used on the lid by itself or with others to make a great smoky eye or a neutral eye or in the crease to add definition.. its so great to use for most looks..i find myself going for this shadow alot! This goes great w/ most of my looks since i have a cool pale skin tones so it pulls out the cool undertones. This can be used for so many looks. If you are looking for a nice matte gray taupe, def give Pebble a try. the Elf Single shadows are amazing & such a great value but Pebble is such a nice neutral color that I dont have to wear a special look to use it. Can be used for daytime or night time looks. I use the Elf Eyelid Primer & depending, a cream base but it shows up & these stay put on my lids for 6-7 hrs before i see fading. I dont have oily lids though so wear time will differ. I dont typically have issues of creasing but using a primer will help w/ fading & creasing. These are great performing affordable shadows & Pebble has quickly became my favorites esp since i love taupe shadows. These shadows are smooth, soft, easy to apply & blend. Formulation varies slightly depending on color but Pebble is a soft smooth shadow w/ little to no fall out in pan.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Packaging ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elf Studio eyeshadow singles come in the standard flat black compacts. The singles come in a small sized rectangular compact. The front has a peek through window to allow you to see which shadow color is inside. The elf logo & product name is stamped in white lettering on the front lid. The back is where the little sticker is located w/ shade name, i wish they would stamp the shadow name on the back or have a bigger sticker since its hard to see & easily falls off. The compact fits in the palm of my hand. They open & close easily. Inside the lid or top is a little mini mirror above window. Then the shadow pan fills the bottom. A good fair amount of shadow fills pan. It will take me forever to get through one of these shadows, even w/ daily use ive yet to hit pan on any. The Elf Studio packaging is reminiscent of Nars & looks sleek & chic. Feels & looks expensive. Def looks nice. These are small & can easily be traveled with.
Overall, Pebble is a gorgeous taupe gray eyeshadow that offers so many choices of looks. Can be used for smoky day or night time looks. This is a great performing eyeshadow. If you have yet to try any of the Elf Studio singles, def check your local Dollar tree or make an order & try at least one! They are great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this eyeshadow....it is lighter than it looks in the pan but still pigmented. It's good for a light natural look. Will buy again although it looks like it will last a very long time.