April 18, 2014 | 1806 users online

Treatments - Hard As Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by josielawrence1950

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a property manager who owns my own company so I am constantly using my hands and fingers to point out things in contracts. I used to be a nail tech, but of course that didn't mean my own nails didn't shale off, crack and break. I couldn't usually have ten actual nails all the same length. I started using 3 products. One is Hard as Hoof. I originally bought it at WalMart. I also used Nail Envy by OPI (a little on the expensive side at $18 for the bottle with green printing on the front.) Here's my routine: I started rubbing in Hard as Hoof in the evening while watching TV. I made sure I dragged my nails across the top of the cream so the under part of the nail got some cream. Then I just kept rubbing it in while watching TV. After an hour or so, I wiped off the tops of my nails with a clean wash cloth (dry wash cloth.) Then, I applied the OPI Nail Envy that has the green printing on the bottle. It dries quickly, so after a TV show of about half an hour I apply another coat. I do this on Sunday and Wednesday night. Your nails will grow. On the nights that you aren't doing the full routine, apply Nail Envy again. When they get to a decent length, and if you wish to paint them with a color lacquer, find a quick-drying one -- Maybelline Express used to be my favorite but they discontinued it. Now, believe it or not, I buy Wet N Wild for .99 at Walgreens. Apply over several coats of Nail Envy that have dried already. I usually do 2-3 coats in an evening, spacing them about 3 hours apart while I watch the telly. Then, a quick-dry topcoat like Seche Vite goes on to absorb the wear your nails take on a daily basis. You can apply additional coats of color and/or Seche Vite. Last time I had a pedicure, the lady doing my pedicure asked if my nails were acrylic !!!! I keep all the things I need in a little basket next to my sofa, but you could also put them in a pretty box and no one would be the wiser. The secret is consistency doing these things. GOOD LUCK.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by brittanyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product, just hoping and praying that it would work. I've spent tons of money on other products that just didn't cut it. I did however, like the opi nail envy, but the price was just too much to keep buying it. I also wanted something that wasn't in polish form. And i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! It seriously works!!! It's so good my nails are literally so strong and hard, i've TRIED to break one, and nothing happened. I just massage a little onto each nail and cuticle and i'm good to go. I try to apply at least once of a morning, or twice at night if i didnt earlier in the day. A lot of product comes in the tub, and you don't need a lot, so it will last me a long time, even using it daily. And it's an amazing price! It can also be applied over polish, which is an extra + for me. The smell took some getting used to, because i hate ANYTHING cherry. But it goes away after a few minutes. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is interested.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Cornflakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recommend this stuff to anyone I meet that has problematic nails. I used it religiously when I first stopped biting my nails and let them grow out. It makes your nails strong, it's wonderfully moisturizing, it smells really good, and you can get it at Walmart for pretty cheap. I use other stuff now but I still think this is an outstanding product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the smell but to me this was just not moisturizing enough. For me it was no better than generic lotion in a jar. The consistency is that of a light cream. If you like a light cuticle cream this fit the bill. But if you need extra moisture you may need more than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent nail cream. I had an issue with an inner crack in my nail for about 8 months and every time it would grow just above the finger edge - it would break. I tried everything including lemon juice, sea water, salt/iodine concentrated water, oils, CD Apricot nail cream, etc - nothing helped. Until I read about this cream and decided to give it a try. I am so happy I did. Within a week I saw a big difference in my pretty strong nails condition in general and the damaged one in particular. It grows pretty successfully now even my manicurist noticed that right away. I highly recommend this product. Thank you ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by laurennsmith

After reading almost every single review, you have all convinced me that I absolutely need this product! I have very thin, weak nails which peel like crazy. I have tried so many nail products including one of my favourites - Ecrinal which I absolutely loved! The only issue I had was the price. At almost $20 for a teenie, tiny bottle it was just too expensive. I live in Canada and as far as I can tell, we do not have the 'Hard as Hoof' products available here. So I have just spent 45 minutes trying to track down where I can buy it online with success! Since all of you have raved about this product, I purchased two containers. Including shipping and tax, it came to just $22. So for all you Canadian girls who are looking for this particular product, you can find it on ebay for only $5.99 a container. Thank you all for these great reviews! I'll be sure to check back once I receive it in a week or so.

** UPDATE **

After using this cream for less than three days, applying 3-4 times a day...maybe more because my nails were in bad shape, I must say this cream works. My nails look healthier than they ever have before. The tips are white, it seems (if possible) that they've already grown and they do feel harder. Although they seem to have strengthened, it's definitely not as much as I would have hoped for. I will continued to use the product though because it does seem to be working. Two of my fingers are still peeling but I believe they were already starting to flake before I started using hard as hoof. I highly suggest this to ladies with weak, fragile and peeling nails!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by corrineinwa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been holding back with a review on this product but after 6 weeks, I'm convinced that it's earned it's place in my arsenal of nail care products.

My nails are definitely harder (my work requires a lot of hand washing) and as it's the only product that I've introduced over the past few weeks, I know that Hard as Hoof is responsible.

It doesn't leave a greasy residue which is important for daytime use but I don't know that it's particularly moisturizing for my cuticles. That wasn't why I bought it so it's a non-issue.

And the price can't be beat - under $5.00/1 oz tub from Walmart can't be beat. I've been pretty liberal with the stuff including using a cotton bud to get it under my nails as recommended but I've barely made a dent in the tub.

The only downside is the smell. I find the faux almond/cherry pretty nasty when I open the pot but thankfully, it dissipates somewhat on the nails.

Regardless, I'm convinced this has had a beneficial effect on my nails and they're now longer than they have been in years.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by dyanp989

Shocked at how quickly this work. Never had success growing my nails before.

My breaking point always cut into the nail bed. When i'm hard on them now, they still peal a bit and i had one break, but it was well past the uck and ealy fixable. HG

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After searching multiple walmarts for over a year I finally found it!! I wanted to buy two because this is so hard to find in my area. But that seemed a bit excessive for something I wasn't sure about yet.

Now that I've been using it for a week or so, I can say that I love it!! It's amazing! My cuticles have never looked better. And my nails are getting stronger. I can feel the new resistance. I use this over my CND Solar Oil, and they play together nicely. I also use this as an over night treatment. Fill my cuticles with it, throw on cotton gloves and in the morning they are nice and soft! It moisturizes wonderfully! And the smell is a very light, but sweet cherry almond!! It is a little thick but you only need a tiny bit! This 1oz. Jar should last a while! It melts into my skin quickly and doesn't leave me feeling greasy! Definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I said no for repurchase, only because I have a thousand other oils and creams to use up. This stuff smells great - cherry almond! It's rather waxy though so I only use it before bed.