December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Treatments - Hard As Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by pancakemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only creme nail strenghtner you will need! (other than mavala scientifique that is)
When used with mavala my nails are harder and stronger (and moisturized so no breakage) than ever! I have to file my nails down everytwo days they grow so quickly! I tried all the others and they didn't work half as well as this one. Plus you can't beat the price. At $4.99 a pop (this is the only thing i can bring myself to go into a wal mart to purchase), each tub lasts me about two months, maybe i'll go thru one a month in the super dry colorado winter, but for the price, I always buy at least three and make sure I never run out!
Side note: I used to have a problem with my big toenails flaking & peeling off. Now I have a dedicated bottle of this for my toes and no more. My home pedicures (with blue cross blue shield cuticle remover) last at least a month with out chipping because my toenails are so much healthier & stronger! Lol i even stubbed my toe twice this week on the stone fireplace hearth and no chips (used opi polish for french manicured tips on toes)! Can you beat that? DIDN"T THINK SO ^_^

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had weak, peeling, paper thin nails all my life. I was so excited to try this cream and start growing my own natural nails.

Unfortunately, this did nothing for me. Lovely texture and scent, but even with daily use there was no noticeable difference in my nail strength.

I

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by iibnf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

It's nothing special, but it also has no particular flaws, either. It goes into the skin quickly, but I have to resuse it within an hour or so as my cuticles feel dry again, so it doesn't have any good lasting impact. I noticed no improvement in my nails, but nothing got any worse, either.

It does not leave the skin greasy, it leaves no powdery residue, and it has a lovely, almond smell. Generally I prefer things not to have any scent, but I find this quite nice.

Any moisterising is not strong enough to be very good for nails or cuticles, but it's one of those 'good enough' products. For the price, which is cheap, I'd recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Magic in a tub! I'm currently growing out my nails from acrylics; and this is heaven on my nails and cuticles. I've had this for about a month from Walmart, I apply 1-3 times daily, over nailpolish and everything. When I have naked nails i apply quickly in a bout a 4 hr period along with my burts bees cuticle butter. This combo is growing out my nails like crazy status. I will repurchase this til well forever. My once weak and peely nails are now almost full strength and only have 2 peely nails left, which is from the acrylics growing out. My new clean natural nail is beautiful and strong with no peels in sight. Love this stuff. The smell is kinda strong and sometimes I like it, and others I wanna barf, but is disappears quickly. Also it's not greasy, I can easily wipe off extra and have no residue left on my hands. Adore this lil gem. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG status in my mani routine for sure. it's inexpensive and it really works. my nails do not bend right now, but they're not brittle. I actually had almost a hard time trimming them today, thank goodness for files! if weak nails are a problem for you, try this stuff out. the scent isn't my favorite but it's tolerable, and it works well enough to be able to ignore it. I don't even apply it the recommended amount (3x a day) but I've still seen great results. I bought mine at Walmart, it was hidden on the bottom shelf in the nail polish area. I wouldn't have found it if I wasn't looking for it specifically.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by josielawrence1950

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a property manager who owns my own company so I am constantly using my hands and fingers to point out things in contracts. I used to be a nail tech, but of course that didn't mean my own nails didn't shale off, crack and break. I couldn't usually have ten actual nails all the same length. I started using 3 products. One is Hard as Hoof. I originally bought it at WalMart. I also used Nail Envy by OPI (a little on the expensive side at $18 for the bottle with green printing on the front.) Here's my routine: I started rubbing in Hard as Hoof in the evening while watching TV. I made sure I dragged my nails across the top of the cream so the under part of the nail got some cream. Then I just kept rubbing it in while watching TV. After an hour or so, I wiped off the tops of my nails with a clean wash cloth (dry wash cloth.) Then, I applied the OPI Nail Envy that has the green printing on the bottle. It dries quickly, so after a TV show of about half an hour I apply another coat. I do this on Sunday and Wednesday night. Your nails will grow. On the nights that you aren't doing the full routine, apply Nail Envy again. When they get to a decent length, and if you wish to paint them with a color lacquer, find a quick-drying one -- Maybelline Express used to be my favorite but they discontinued it. Now, believe it or not, I buy Wet N Wild for .99 at Walgreens. Apply over several coats of Nail Envy that have dried already. I usually do 2-3 coats in an evening, spacing them about 3 hours apart while I watch the telly. Then, a quick-dry topcoat like Seche Vite goes on to absorb the wear your nails take on a daily basis. You can apply additional coats of color and/or Seche Vite. Last time I had a pedicure, the lady doing my pedicure asked if my nails were acrylic !!!! I keep all the things I need in a little basket next to my sofa, but you could also put them in a pretty box and no one would be the wiser. The secret is consistency doing these things. GOOD LUCK.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by brittanyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product, just hoping and praying that it would work. I've spent tons of money on other products that just didn't cut it. I did however, like the opi nail envy, but the price was just too much to keep buying it. I also wanted something that wasn't in polish form. And i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! It seriously works!!! It's so good my nails are literally so strong and hard, i've TRIED to break one, and nothing happened. I just massage a little onto each nail and cuticle and i'm good to go. I try to apply at least once of a morning, or twice at night if i didnt earlier in the day. A lot of product comes in the tub, and you don't need a lot, so it will last me a long time, even using it daily. And it's an amazing price! It can also be applied over polish, which is an extra + for me. The smell took some getting used to, because i hate ANYTHING cherry. But it goes away after a few minutes. I highly recommend this product to anyone who is interested.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Cornflakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recommend this stuff to anyone I meet that has problematic nails. I used it religiously when I first stopped biting my nails and let them grow out. It makes your nails strong, it's wonderfully moisturizing, it smells really good, and you can get it at Walmart for pretty cheap. I use other stuff now but I still think this is an outstanding product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the smell but to me this was just not moisturizing enough. For me it was no better than generic lotion in a jar. The consistency is that of a light cream. If you like a light cuticle cream this fit the bill. But if you need extra moisture you may need more than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent nail cream. I had an issue with an inner crack in my nail for about 8 months and every time it would grow just above the finger edge - it would break. I tried everything including lemon juice, sea water, salt/iodine concentrated water, oils, CD Apricot nail cream, etc - nothing helped. Until I read about this cream and decided to give it a try. I am so happy I did. Within a week I saw a big difference in my pretty strong nails condition in general and the damaged one in particular. It grows pretty successfully now even my manicurist noticed that right away. I highly recommend this product. Thank you ladies!