November 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - L'eau The One

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Daisibear

I absolutely love love love this fragrance! I originally received it as a mother's day gift in 2010 and have been wearing it ever since. I have never repurchased a perfume before this one. It smells so good, I receive tons of compliments. It makes you feel so confident and sexy. Definitely a must have! Fragrance is nice and stays all day without reapplying. Not overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given this as a gift, and even though I had wanted the original The One, I'm not about to complain. At first sniff, I wasn't too thrilled. I thought it smelled like vanilla that had turned bad. But I soon realized this is one that must be worn to be appreciated. It's lovely! Very soft, feminine, and alluring. I enjoy catching whifs of myself throughout the day, which works because this lasts a long time. Overall I'd still choose the original over this one but this is something I'm really enjoying in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by nhirohas

I like it. It's vanilla but sophisticated, not sticky or sultry. I wear this for both work and after five. I was thinking to get the original "The One" but actually I find this may be more of "me" than the original because this is not heavy vanilla. This is softer, a little bit of sweetness with musky base note. Beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Drier sheets. I'm not sure when or how it was agreed upon that 'water' in fragrance should smell like a shrill blast of dry cleaning chemicals or drier sheets, but its all wrong, and I find this everytime I sample a 'water' scent. This is nothing like water to me which is pure and sheer, almost ineffable. There are ways to approximate this chemically. I had the misfortune of spraying this in a store on my wrist, and then taking the train. I kid you not, a man walked away from where I was standing on a crowded train to get away from me. I sympathised with him because I wanted to get away from myself. Its a typically strong, sweet, artificial 'modern' frag that begs to be noticed in the most obvious way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I should probably wait to write a good review, but I wanted to express my first opinion of this fragrance. I got this as a nice sample from a Sephora purchase. It reminds me right away of an old time fragrance that has been around since my Granny's day, and I am old. I just cannot remember the name yet. There is something I like about it and I would buy a small bottle to add to my collection, but it would not be a favorite grab right away for me. I find that my likes for different smells come & go with the seasons. So, perhaps when the weather becomes warmer, I might find this one perfect. In the meantime, I will enjoy my generous sample. Who knows maybe it will wear on me to the point of having to rush out and buy a bottle, but right now, that is not how this lovely fragrance is hitting me. I find it smells of an old Avon fragrance that I never really enjoyed that much, on others, or especially myself. I think that is what is bothering me most about this fragrance. Maybe it reminds me of Cotillion? Anyway, it is a nice smell, and I hope I grow to enjoy it better, as I love adding new smells to my collection and this one is reasonably priced compared to some of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume. I bought this because it is supposed to be a lighter version of the EDP. It smells so good and fresh. I smell hints of vanilla and also citrus. It's not overpowering. It's a good daytime perfume. But the staying power isn't that great. But I expected that since it is an EDT. Overall this is a great feminine spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Wow. I LOVE this scent!
My hubby just bought me this fragrance as a birthday gift.
I first smelled it about a month ago at a Duty Free shop in the airport. I spritzed it on, then kept sniffing my wrist on my flight and throughout the rest of the day. I told him then I knew what I wanted for my birthday! Love this. Opens with a burst of citrus and sweetness, then dries down to a more warm sweetness with a little citrus in the background, still light but very present. I find it youthful but sophisticated. Perfect for this time of year (late summer), but I can see it being appropriate all year round.

This one is a winner for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by becky39

YUM!!! I like the original The One and I like this version too, this one is more playful than the original which oozes sexiness, the original seems more "warm" this one is lighter. Try em' both as they're totally different, but both are very nice well blended fragrances.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

nothing special for me. I just get a really sweet vanilla scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first spray it I like it - smells fresh and classy and young (as in not old lady smelling like so many fragrances are). but then, on me, it dries down to smell just like talcum bath powder. the plain classic scent of bath powder. :-( not what I want to smell like, especially not if I'm wearing something as nice as Dolce & Gabbana.