November 27, 2014 | 1627 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - ColourCollection Bobby Pins

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I have light brownish red hair (more red than b4 becoz of constant Sun-In usage!), & I love these light blonde pins. They are stylish & modern. I like the traditional brown pins that you get in a pack for a buck at the dollar store for a traditional classy look, but I wish these blonde ones were cheaper. That's my only complaint. I have occasion to wear either, but unfortunately I lose bobby pins so easily so it doesn't make much sense to buy these when I can get the dollar store ones & the only major difference is the color + I am not super blonde, & I am on a budget so the dollar store ones will do!! If I am going to wear a style that where the pins are obvious, then the blonde ones are neat! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupmaven317

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess Goody redesigned their bobby pins; I hadn't noticed, because it took me years to get through the huge amount I bought last time.

Unfortunately, this new design is awful. They literally cannot stay in your hair, pretty much regardless of how you use them. I think this is a combination of A) the metal tension of each pin, and B) the redesign of their shape (the extra crimps do nothing!). They stick out and fall out constantly, and are bad enough that I am actually mad I wasted $2 on these.

I used their old pins for years with zero problems. I really don't recommend these new pins, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible. It says "slide-proof," but the first thing these bobby pins did was slide out and off of my hair. They also warp. They are not particularly inexpensive at $3.33 for 48 bobby pins. I will never purchase again. I don't care if they match my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Agreed - these are awful. They warp and twist out of place. I thought that by paying extra for these bobby pins (as opposed to the cheaper Conair bobby pins, which also, unfortunately, twisted when trying to put them in my hair one-handed), I would get no-fuss bobby pins. Nope. FAIL.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by hitthelights82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought they would be great, but I was wrong. They have wayyyyy too much give, and often warp out of place when I am trying to put them in my hair. The plastic pieces also fall off easily. These were bought as a last resort when they were out of my regular brand, and they did not have any shade of red to offer. I felt kind of silly walking around with blonde clips in my red hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE bobby pins (especially the typical black ones) but I hated these. I bought the gunmetal grey ones & although the color was nice, the grey didn't mix well with my hair. Black is great for my hair even though I have brown hair with blonde highlights. The look is just more traditional & fashionably acceptable (if that makes sense). But what I really hate about these bobby pins by a trusty name such as Goody is that they warped too easily & the ball-tipped ends quickly pulled off, making them difficult to put in my hair as they would scratch my scalp. I was very surprised this would be the case with a Goody product. They didn't even hold my hair securely. My basic black bobby pins that last forever come from the dollar store & are a generic no-name product. These rarely ever fall apart or warp after frequent use, & they do so only under unusual abuse. What a difference. I won't buy these Goody bobby pins again. They cost $1.80 @ Duane Reade, more expensive than the dollar store where I get more quantity for the lesser price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 7:15:00 AM More reviews by xxMakeUpLuvaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As my hair is a strange shade i find it hard to find a subtle bobby pin that will not show up strongly against my hair. As soon as i saw this product i just new that this was going work perfectly against my hair and i was right. Not many pins can hold my hair either as it is very thin but this Clip holds my hair in place for hours without need for replacment of it.
I now find my self testing the clip against others to compare visability and ability to hold my hair. Nothing has come to match this product yet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These are great bobby pins. They hold really well and are a good match for my hair colour.
I love these, as well as the Colour Collection hair elastics and mini claws. It's nice to have hair accessories that blend in with your colour and work great too.