October 25, 2014 | 1732 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by chrissyislame

I picked this up after I noticed Wal-Mart stopped carrying the Biore Complexion Clearing Blemish Treating Astringent I had used for a very long time. I was kind of hesitant on trying this because I had heard it didn't work very well.
The first time I used this after cleaning my face, I noticed it did leave my skin dry, but on the other hand it cleaned my pores perfectly! I was very impressed when after a week of noticing my pores becoming smaller and my skin becoming clearer. The breakouts I would get would only last a day or two. I do like this a lot and just picked up my second bottle of this.
Another thing I would like to add is that this is only $4.97, which the Biore was almost $7!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by chenelappoo

I love this astringent it's definitely an HG product for me and helps control my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Binney

I like this toner but the smell is so incredibly strong of alcohol every time I take a whiff I gag. I breathe through my mouth when using it. I love it though so I manage :-) after this bottle I'm gonna look for another neutrogena toner that has witch hazel also but maybe less alcohol than 45%...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Narmeenbayy

Good product. But you have to stay consistent ! Will repurchase only because i feel like it did help as a spot treatment. Especially when you pick on pimples and need to dry one out just take a cotton ball or qtip and apply some with this stuff. Definitely helps wih that

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lftyexo14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is just not working out for me.. Today I woke up to dry/ peeling skin. That's not a good thing, especially since I'm only 14. Also knowing the fact that I have really bad acne at this age.. I've barely had this product for 3 days and it's not really working. It's also a bit harsh because it burns after applying the oil-free acne wash. I don't know if I'd purchase this item again. I'd give it another try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After only 3 days of using this product (once per day), I developed several large, very red, very angry, painful blemishes on my right cheek, and numerous unsightly bumps on my forehead - areas where I rarely get blemishes. This was the only change in my product line-up, so it's taking the blame. It's been a week since I last used it and my face is still a mess. Please do not, DO NOT, use this. Foolishly I didn't heed others' warnings, as I've now realized my reaction is not uncommon. I also didn't read the ingredient label carefully - the alcohol content of 45%. FORTY-FIVE PERCENT. That is crazy high. It's going in the trash - I can't see keeping this noxious item in my house for any reason. Epic fail. I hope my skin recovers soon.

UPDATE - 1/22/14
It's now been well over a week since I last used this demon on my skin and, while I still have a few red spots from the blemishes it caused, they are no longer swollen or painful and finally seem to be going away. I'll continue to treat my skin with TLC in hopes repair the damage this {bleeping} product caused.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by kyliemou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been a long-time sufferer of pimples and blackheads ever since I was a teenager. Nothing seemed to really work for me until my friend recommended this astringent to me in high school. All I can truly say is I have been using this for YEARS and it still works for me. It's my holy grail and it'll never change. The salicylic acid is 2%, which can be drying, but as long as you follow up with a moisturizer, you should be okay. I sometimes even use this as a spot treatment throughout the day by dabbing a bit on my clean finger or q-tip and applying it to the pimple. This astringent has been very helpful in keeping my pimples at bay. I can't say it has helped clear my blackheads completely (I still have them), but it has definitely helped keeping them to a minimal.

Skin Info: I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination (dry/oily) skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Katzie105

10/25/2013 UPDATE: Unfortunately I'm going to have to bring this 5 star rating down to a 1. After about 2.5 days of using this toner it broke me out something horrendous. I never get huge acne and I developed 4 huge, pus filled acne. That happened this past Monday. It's now Friday and I'm STILL battling the effects of this toner. I returned it and wound up picking up Clean and Clear toner. I have no idea what it was that irritated my skin so horribly, but it also made it crazy dry and I've been using deep moisturizer for 4 days now. This destroyed even MY skin which is so hardy to begin with.

------------------

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

This product is NOT for sensitive skin, or dry skin at all, even if you guys DO have acne.

The product is self explanatory, "clear pore and oil eliminating." If you have extremely congested skin, combination skin, oily skin, or "tough skin" then this product will be for you.

I have the worst kind of skin that is very tough. If I don't physically scrub my face daily, I will get skin build up, tons of hard oil plugs that manifest quite literally over night, blackheads, and acne spots.

This stuff is SERIOUS. It's high alcohol content, and 2% Salicylic Acid.

My mother has oily skin and has used this for years and she has no congestion, no acne, and no blackheads. I decided to give it a shot because nothing else was budging my bumpy skin, and Witch Hazel is too gentle for my face.

It tightened up pores immediately, it smoothed my skin, and the clogs and congestion I had on my face were able to be extracted soon there after, and very easily. It is HARSH though. It burned very badly the first time I used it, subsequent times were not as bad.

Definitely follow up with a gel moisturizer if you have oily/clog prone skin. I haven't had an issue with drying yet, but I'm sure if you overuse it it could become a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by mchllbnll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This astringent in conjunction with my clindamycin topical gel is fantastic. It has salicylic acid which is definitely doing a great job at keeping my moderate acne at bay. It's very cooling and refreshing, and if you can get past the smell (think listerine) then I would definitely recommened this toner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by yaytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this! i only use it once or twice a week to get rid of all the gunk and exfoliate, especially when i'm having a breakout. This clears it right up. It's a little too harsh too use every day tho. Plus, the smell is a little strange. But other than that i love this stuff!