Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent

3.6

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol Denat. (45%), Water, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-7, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzophenone-4, Blue 1, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance.

on 4/5/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I really like this toner. I have oily skin that often breaks out if I let up on oil control. It'd be perfect if it had tea tree oil.

on 4/5/2015 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nope just nope

on 1/13/2015 11:32:00 PM

Love this product! I always use it after washing my face and still see some dirt after using this. Really made me feel like I thoroughly cleaned my face. Didn't stop my face from breaking out yet, but will go back to this product.

on 12/7/2014 2:13:00 PM

I've been breaking out on my cheeks for the past year or so, the night I picked this up I was developing 2 new zits and I put this stuff on twice before I went to bed. I woke up the next day and the huge red spots never got any worse. They're going away and I haven't developed any new acne but it's only been about 4 days. The first day after I used this my face itched like crazy all day but ever since the first day, I haven't had any issues with itching.

on 10/18/2014 3:39:00 PM

I picked this up after I noticed Wal-Mart stopped carrying the Biore Complexion Clearing Blemish Treating Astringent I had used for a very long time. I was kind of hesitant on trying this because I had heard it didn't work very well.
The first time I used this after cleaning my face, I noticed it did leave my skin dry, but on the other hand it cleaned my pores perfectly! I was very impressed when after a week of noticing my pores becoming smaller and my skin becoming clearer. The breakouts I would get would only last a day or two. I do like this a lot and just picked up my second bottle of this.
Another thing I would like to add is that this is only $4.97, which the Biore was almost $7!

on 5/26/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this astringent it's definitely an HG product for me and helps control my acne.

on 2/23/2014 7:30:00 PM

I like this toner but the smell is so incredibly strong of alcohol every time I take a whiff I gag. I breathe through my mouth when using it. I love it though so I manage :-) after this bottle I'm gonna look for another neutrogena toner that has witch hazel also but maybe less alcohol than 45%...

on 2/20/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Good product. But you have to stay consistent ! Will repurchase only because i feel like it did help as a spot treatment. Especially when you pick on pimples and need to dry one out just take a cotton ball or qtip and apply some with this stuff. Definitely helps wih that

on 1/26/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This product is just not working out for me.. Today I woke up to dry/ peeling skin. That's not a good thing, especially since I'm only 14. Also knowing the fact that I have really bad acne at this age.. I've barely had this product for 3 days and it's not really working. It's also a bit harsh because it burns after applying the oil-free acne wash. I don't know if I'd purchase this item again. I'd give it another try.

on 1/17/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After only 3 days of using this product (once per day), I developed several large, very red, very angry, painful blemishes on my right cheek, and numerous unsightly bumps on my forehead - areas where I rarely get blemishes. This was the only change in my product line-up, so it's taking the blame. It's been a week since I last used it and my face is still a mess. Please do not, DO NOT, use this. Foolishly I didn't heed others' warnings, as I've now realized my reaction is not uncommon. I also didn't read the ingredient label carefully - the alcohol content of 45%. FORTY-FIVE PERCENT. That is crazy high. It's going in the trash - I can't see keeping this noxious item in my house for any reason. Epic fail. I hope my skin recovers soon.

UPDATE - 1/22/14
It's now been well over a week since I last used this demon on my skin and, while I still have a few red spots from the blemishes it caused, they are no longer swollen or painful and finally seem to be going away. I'll continue to treat my skin with TLC in hopes repair the damage this {bleeping} product caused.