Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent

3.6

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Alcohol Denat. (45%), Water, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-7, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzophenone-4, Blue 1, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance.

on 7/29/2015 4:42:00 PM

This tone is OK. Quite similar to C&C toner as well. This did not help my pores though. I would consider repurchasing it if my skin becomes super oily but right now my skin is combination so I do not use this type of strong toner anymore.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only toner that ALWAYS clears my face up. Always. It is strong and it can dry your face out unless you have super oily skin or acne--I wouldn't recommend it. If you have oily skin--this might be for you. It gets EVERY THING OFF your face. And it does help keep your oils under control a bit better... I do wish there was more witch hazel tho...and I wish that my Walmart didnt let it run out so often. Other then that--this is the beat toner I ve ever used!! It beats all the other HE toners and "lotions"(clinique and shiseido call their toners a lotion) that I have used. The only toner I like better is my Shiseido Benefique Lotion I , but that stuff is $40 a bottle....so when I can't afford that or its not available, this works very well for my skin :-)

on 6/30/2015 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product is way too strong for me. However, it's possible that I got a manufacturer mistake. My sister had used the product before, and when she tried mine, said that it was ridiculously strong.

Though it did a great job of cutting the oil and making my face feel clean, it stung on any open wounds on my face. I'm pretty certain it made my acne worse, too.

Also, I accidentally spilled some of it on top of my dresser and didn't realize it until a while later. It had soften the paint everywhere it touched, and had actually eaten through two layers of paint in some places.

on 6/9/2015 12:48:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product. I never really broke out much as a teen, but after starting nursing school my face broke out a lot in my T-zone, particularly around my brows and forehead. Recently i purchased this toner to try and help clear up my skin. I loved that it had salicylic acid in it and hoped that it would help dry out my pimples and help them heal faster.

Wrong. First of all, the alcohol content in this toner is so high, it really stings to use. But I told myself my skin would probably just get used to it. And it did after a few weeks! It didn't hurt as much, but I could still never get near my eyes or cheeks. And at first it even seemed like the toner was helping clear up my skin. My pimples were getting smaller. But then, a BUNCH (like 8) sprouted up. Okay which brings me to another point. If you have any open cuts or freshly squeezed pimples, daily use of this toner REALLY slows down healing time of the site. It gets super flakey and discolored... and just never heals because the alcohol is so damaging for the skin. I kept using this toner maybe.... for a good solid month in case the newly sprouting acne was from the purging effect. But my skin hates it. It's so drying and makes my skin feel so old and flakey and pimply yuck. Nope.

on 4/5/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I really like this toner. I have oily skin that often breaks out if I let up on oil control. It'd be perfect if it had tea tree oil.

on 4/5/2015 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nope just nope

on 1/13/2015 11:32:00 PM

Really great cleansing product. However, the smell of alcohol is way too strong for me. I recommend to use it once a while, but definitely not everyday. A bit harsh on the skin.

on 12/7/2014 2:13:00 PM

I've been breaking out on my cheeks for the past year or so, the night I picked this up I was developing 2 new zits and I put this stuff on twice before I went to bed. I woke up the next day and the huge red spots never got any worse. They're going away and I haven't developed any new acne but it's only been about 4 days. The first day after I used this my face itched like crazy all day but ever since the first day, I haven't had any issues with itching.

on 10/18/2014 3:39:00 PM

I picked this up after I noticed Wal-Mart stopped carrying the Biore Complexion Clearing Blemish Treating Astringent I had used for a very long time. I was kind of hesitant on trying this because I had heard it didn't work very well.
The first time I used this after cleaning my face, I noticed it did leave my skin dry, but on the other hand it cleaned my pores perfectly! I was very impressed when after a week of noticing my pores becoming smaller and my skin becoming clearer. The breakouts I would get would only last a day or two. I do like this a lot and just picked up my second bottle of this.
Another thing I would like to add is that this is only $4.97, which the Biore was almost $7!

on 5/26/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this astringent it's definitely an HG product for me and helps control my acne.