October 20, 2014 | 901 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Essential Primer Liquid Eyeshadow - Sultry Satin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by envirogeeky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is both a primer and an eyeshadow. I purchased this in Sultry Satin which is a soft candlelit sandy gold. It looks lighter than the photos. I love that it has a doe foot applicator for easy application. As for making my shadows last I think the hold was comparable to UDP and Too Faced Primers but this one is a total steal at 2.00 a piece on their website. This shade has a very eye brightening effect and is good for softening fine lines around the eyes. I intend to pick up the Coco Loco next which looks to be a soft taupe-cocoa.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the worst item money can buy. Even if I got this for $1. This is new, and when I took the wand applicator and swatched it on my hand nothing came out. Not even a HINT of color. The wand is dry as a desert. The product is hard and gross. This is seriously disgusting. This is why I refrain from buying ELF too much. I would rate it 0 if I could.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sserena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was warned. I read all the bad reviews, but I decided to try 2 different colors, Berryliscious and Sultry Satin when I ordered some other items at a 50% discount. The berryliscious was visibly dry in the package. I could see big clear bubbles in it. It is gummy, cakey and does not blend. It wipes and flakes off leaving just specks of glitter stuck to the eye lid. I was so upset with this product, (I love many other ELF products) I wrote them and asked for a refund. No one will like this product. ELF should never have put it on the market. It is impossible that they do not know how bad it is. I don't need the fifty cents refund, but I asked for it and received it because they need to know if something is defective. Why can't we leave zero lippies as a rating? I would have it the choice were available.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by bombshellglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have yet to try this on my eyes, so bear that in mind if you're looking to use this exclusively as an eyeshadow. I can see myself using it as a brow highlight but can see it creasing if I used it on the lids. However, this thing is AMAZING as a face highlighter! It's already found its way into my regular makeup bag as a cheekbone highlight, and I am absolutely loving it. Reminds me a little bit of Benefit Highbeam (probably a little less creamy than Benefit but still gives the same glowy effect and looks fantastic on my skin). I've found it to blend really easily and once it's dry it stays put and doesn't rub off every time you touch it. I probably wouldn't use it as a base or eyeshadow, but as a highlight I am crazy about it so far!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by AluvsM73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at a Factory 2U store for 50 cents with 2 other shades, a "foil sheen mauve" called "Berryliciple" (?) and a sparkly gold (forgot what it was called because I gave to my teen niece, I thought it was too tacky on me.) "Sultry Satin" is a pretty brow highlighter. Some other positives about these: the "doe foot" applicators that make a very easy line (if u want to use it as eyeliner) and tubes are sturdy, so it's perfect for makeup bags.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Suasoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While I like the color, a taupey champagne beige, this is more glittery than frosty, making it a bit too extreme for everyday. It would be fun to use, but the consistency is not very good and it's hard to blend. It's also difficult to apply liner over it.

The one I received could have been dried out, though. Your mileage may vary.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I was really hankering to try this metallic liquid eyeshadow from E.L.F., but it failed to please. It is a very thin liquid, pale beige in color, with gold microshimmer. It swatched wonderfully on my hand but was so sheer on my lids that it looked nonexistent.
Applied dry over UDPP: Will update.
Where did I buy this: E.L.F. Web site.
Price: A measly $.25 during the recent E.L.F. sale. Regular retail is $1.00.
Packaging: Typical doe-foot wand applicator.
Would I buy again: Nope, unless I can get it to show up over UDPP. continued >>