September 20, 2014 | 1694 users online

Conditioner - Kenra - Mango Butter Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Gosh I just wasn't impressed with this. Results-wise, I expect a lot more from HE conditioners. Considering the price, this one was just okay. The slip was okay, the moisturizing was okay, my hair feels okay- this product is just so freaking AVERAGE. My hair type is medium/coarse, perhaps that's why this doesn't work for me. Plenty of drugstore conditioners give me better results for less money. Disappointed, will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: I added the ingredients above exactly how they are listed on the bottle as well as at the end of this review. It looks like now proteins and only one "cone" (amodimethicone) toward the end of the ingredient list. FYI - I wish I could give this a 4.5. It is nice, but there is something not quite perfect.

ORIGINAL POST: You will read these great reviews, buy this and perhaps be a bit disappointed at first because it doesn't do what your other conditioner might do (coat, smooth, detangle, etc) as well. But, what this conditioner does is MOISTURIZE! It is for normal/medium hair. I am a fine curly and it is great for my hair that needs bounce, but moisture too. It does leave it a bit fuzzier (less smooth/coated) but it is NOT fly away or static-y at all. I would rather have full slightly fuzzy hair (products can fix that) than drowned down curls that still feel fly away and staticy...but they are smooth (common issues with most other conditioners) The Kenra Mango Butter has some heft (but still has bounce). My curls are left full and supple...my hair feels with out a doubt "healthier". Using the Kenra Mango Butter is like the difference of using a good lotion ( like CeraVe) vs just using Vaseline (other conditioners). Yes the Vaseline coats and makes things shiny and glossy, but it isn't moisturizing. The good lotion penetrates...that is what the Kenra Mango Butter seems to do. Best part is, my hair does not feel coated. It feels healthy and strong.

Now, all that said, this is where I wish I could give this a 4.5. Because I don't know that I could use only this conditioner every day. I honestly can't put my finger on it. And only extended amount of time will tell, but I wouldn't want to false advertise that this has reached my new HG status, when I am just curious & impressed with a new feeling of a different kind of well conditioned feel. I still have my Pureology Hydrate which has been HG, but I will definitely be hanging onto this Kenra & using it at least 1-2x a week. That alone says something.

INGREDIENTS FOR KENRA PLATINUM MANGO BUTTER MOISTURIZER FOR NORMAL/MEDIUM HAIR:
Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower / Leaf Stem Extract, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Extract Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Squalane, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Hydrolized Silk, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Amodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, Laureth–9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Butylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methyisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propyl-paraben, Fragrance, Yellow 5

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sad to see this go. It has been replaced by Design Essentials Express Instant Moisturizing conditioner.

ORIGINAL:
Silky super moisturized hair in a bottle. My desert island bag just got heavier. Kenra and Elucence have some of the best silicone free conditioners known to man! My top three in order are Kenra Moisturizing, Kenra Mango Butter Moisturizer, and Elucence Moisture Balancing.

EDIT: I should also add that I am not paid to advertise for Kenra, have been using Kenra and Elucence conditioners for several years( this one for about 11 months as of my initial review), and am extremely particular about the ingredients I use. I'm not cone averse and must understand the role of an ingredient in a formulation before I use it. While this does contain amodimethicone it is in an amount small enough to not cause typical problems you would experience with heavier silicones. Amodimethicone does not build up on itself. Im almost certain that the star ingredient here is squalene. This also makes a fine counterpoint to KPAK Reconstructor and is good mixed with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. Also please note that I am African American with fine type 4 hair. YMMV.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this conditioner. First of all I have to say it smells divine! I think the scent alone is worth it. It is very rich and moisturizing, yet doesn't weigh my hair down. My hair is so silky and smooth after using it. I also love the packaging - its a twist top and squeeze bottle. I can't remember the last time I used a conditioner this great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaD

I have fine hair w/ an oily scalp & dry ends, so finding a conditioner that moisturizes w/o weighing down my hair was tough. I started using Kenra's Mango Butter Moisturizer (from the Platinum line) a year ago & haven't looked back. Initially, I was leery of this b/c of the word "butter". I was worried it would be too heavy, but it isn't. It provides the right amount of moisture to my dry ends w/o weighing down my hair. The product is thick & creamy, but the texture isn't a heavy cream. It's more between a lotion & a cream, in my opinion. My hair is silky & smooth after using this. I wash my hair most days (b/c of oily scalp) & use this every time after I shampoo w/ no build-up. You don't need to use a lot of product at a time either to get the job done, so one bottle will last a good while. It does have a mango-ish scent, but it isn't overwhelming. The packaging is nice - basic & functional, which works for me. It has a twist-up cap to dispense product, & it works fine. If you have hair like mine, check this out. Downside is that this conditioner is $19 USD per bottle. Not the most expensive out there, but not exactly inexpensive either. I usually buy at Ulta w/ a coupon.