December 17, 2014 | 1683 users online

Gels/Soaps - Lever 2000 Perfectly Fresh Original

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

Holy cow! I never had a reaction to a soap before, but this stuff gave me a vicious one. I thought I had a raging yeast infection, but just on the off chance it was the Lever 2000, I stopped using it. My symptoms went away, and I decided to test it out by using the soap again. Yep----faux raging yeast infection returned right on cue.

I switched to Dove Sensitive Skin and I've never looked back.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by MorningGlory45

I use the bar soap, original version and I've been using this on my face and body for awhile now. I no longer use any sort of face wash at all. This takes care of everything.

Clears up body breakouts extremely well (If i do stop using this, the breakouts come back). I use it to wash my face and it honestly works better for me than any face wash i've tried. keeps my skin clear, doesn't dry my face out or feel tight at all. has a nice clean smell but will fade as the day goes on.

I could not live without this..i live in fear that they will discontinue it, so i bought a huge box of it! The price is a little steep in my opinion for a soap, but because it does so well for me, I don't mind.

The only bad thing I can say about this is that the bar of soap will turn into a squishy mess very fast and dissolves away too fast.

My regimin: Remove eye makeup with baby oil, remove rest of makeup with Ponds cold cream, wash face with Lever 2000 Original bar soap, and use Ponds dry skin cream on my face.

I'm 27 now and have very little breakouts, no signs of age yet (knock on wood)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by AnaarGula

Fresh, clean, cheap, great scent, and cleanses body like no other.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Happa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom bought a pack of the soap for my brother for college. But a week ago, the soap we were using before ran out and since the only soap we had around was this one, we had no choice but to use it.
My thoughts:
The smell is quite strong, masculine, and clean. I'd prefer a more feminine scent like lavender or coconut.
It's sooo moisturizing, though. And also, like the person before me, I think that it it leaves you feeling clean for longer because it has deodorant-like properties.
I think it'd be a good soap for men. I might buy it in a different scent if they have it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great deodorant soap to help minimize summertime smells. I have been using this for years, and it really does help to eliminate perspiration, and sweat, after a long, hot day. The scent is very clean and fresh and I will buy this product again...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by butterflygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works great and smells really clean.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MY THOUGHTS:Initially, my boyfriend was using this soap to cleanse his face. My boyfriend has oily skin and tends to break out regularly. While using this soap every night, he noticed that the soap consistently left a slimy residue on his face which didn't rinse off with water. I had mistaken it a few times as drool (like a dog) because of the shear viscosity as it dripped from his chin onto the bathroom counter.

He has switched to using Cetaphil since; meanwhile, the Lever 2000 soap is now used for non-facial cleansing. I have noticed that it does leave a heavy residue after washing my hands. The only way I'm able to rinse it off is under hot water. continued >>