July 28, 2014 | 1004 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - 125 Pink Petal

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beckspr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Attention:

I just read in today's news this article:
"400 lipstick brands found to contain lead by FDA"

It referred to this particular lipstick shade as: "The worst offender was "Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Petal" by L'Oreal USA."

Even though the article finishes saying: "The FDA says the lead detected does not pose safety risks." It may be something to consider.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow I guess I got lucky with mine. I find this lipstick to be really smooth, it has a nice scent and it gives my darkly pigmented lips the perfect shade of pink: I haven't had any issues with smell or dryness with any of my many Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by designerel

Pink Petal, to me, is the perfect pink. It's not too brownish, reddish, bluish or purplish. It's really a true neutral pink and is very flattering on most skin tones. On me, it creates a nice nude pink and I really do love the color.

Having said that, that's the only thing I love about this lipstick. First, let's start with the smell. It reminds me of clay. Every time I apply it, I have to hold my breath because it stinks. Second, the texture. Is it just me, or is it not that creamy and VERY hard to apply? Until now, I've never come across a lipstick that didn't glide along my lips smoothly. This is a first. I don't know if I got a bad tube or what, but seeing other reviews, I think that's just how the lipstick is. Third is how my lips feel after application -- STICKY. I hate that feeling. Even after blotting my lips, I still feel a slight sticky sensation. Only after a few hours does the stickiness go away -- but so does the color itself. Fourth, I'm not crazy about the packaging. It's not a biggie, but the fact that the cap is the full length of the tube means it is clumsier to remove.

Sigh... I finally found the perfect pink, but everything else about it is wrong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really suprised by negative reviews on this because i love the color. Its medium petal pink with some shimmer which i would think would look good on variety of people. Its really NOT bright and i think reviewers who said it was, probably normally wear light/nude colors so it may appear bright to them. This immediately brightens up my face even if i'm not wearing any other makeup.
I concur with others about the smell-which is kind of weird and not my favorite. I'm also not thrilled that texture is really on the dry side so application of a balm is necessary before applying. However, it does last a fairly long time so i'm willing to deal with it. I would repurchase
For reference: I'm NC 25, dark hair, blue eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Crivera313

this lipstick is a very pretty color however, i feel like all of maybelline's color sensational lipsticks are very drying to me.... not long lasting power but what lipstick does?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

I bought this a while back when these first became popular, so the shades I wanted (Pink Please, Born w/ It) were sold out, so I got this one instead, thinking it'll be a nice pink to wear.
It isn't.
First off, I am an NC20, usually the 2nd or 3rd shade up from the lightest in drugstores, and this pink is a dark plummy pink, which looks horrible with my skin unless I wear blush, which I don't do anymore on a daily basis.
On top of that, the texture is slightly drying, so I can't just wear this by itself w/o a lip balm, which is way too much work for a color I don't even like. It's not even nude enough to give to my mom, who stopped wearing pinks.
Not sure what I'll do with this, if anyone's interested in a swap, let me know.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

This is probably the darkest pink I own & it's okay. I just wanted something a little more pink for the spring/summer, so I picked this out & Im quite satisfied. I dont use it as often, I usually grab my pink please one Or I mix the both together and get a pretty color. One thing you HAVE to do with these lipsticks is smell them & make sure the lipstick itself isn't tampered with. If it smells bad (and ive smelled ones that do) PUT IT BACK!!! It's suppose to have a sweet smell, like candy. Ive heard pple buying it and hating it cuz of the rancid smell. soo save yourself the trouble and just open it to double check =]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only darker pink I have in my collection, and I adore it because it's a bright and strong color. It has some berry tones in it that make it flattering on me (~NC35 with strong yellow tones). It doesn't smell like playdoh as strongly as some of the other lipsticks I've bought in the color sensational line, but that's probably not the best compliment about a fragrance. I make sure to moisturize my lips whenever I apply this lipsticks, and just tap it on because it can apply too thick when I swipe it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color:
Very pretty light to medium straight up pink. It is a bit on the brighter side but not over the top, and it doesn't have any shimmer. Fun if you're going for a more pastel springtime look.

Features:
These smell like a mixture of honey and vanilla to me, or play-doh to my fiance, either way I love the scent, it doesn't smell drying. The lipstick is so creamy and smooth but doesn't smudge outside your lip line, and is quite long-lasting for not being matte. Also very moisturizing, no feathering or settling into little lines in your lips. The finish to this is a creamy, barely shiny healthy look. The non-shimmer colors seem to be true to what is in the packaging. Yeah, I've been collecting these like crazy and would recommend bogos! Also check out Maybelline's site for suggestions on colors for your skintone, so far it has been very useful for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I purchased four different shades. Three were fine. I wiped this one off shortly after applying. Yuck! Pink Petal had a different texture (dry and clayish) and smell (rancid) so I returned it. There seems to be a problem with quality control somewhere along the line. I didn't think to sniff each lipstick when I bought them but if you remember to, and it smells nasty, put it back. If yours didn't have this problem, I'm happy for you. Mine deserves a big zero.