August 27, 2014 | 1614 users online

Eyes - Stila - Kitten Smudgepot

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Not something I reach for often. This is more whiteish pink on me than a light gold that I was hoping it would be. You definitely need to prime before and set with a shadow or it will smudge, and I don't even have oily eyelids! Personally the mac paintpots are a lot better. I got this on sale for like 10$ and I would not purchase again even if it would go on sale. This isn't a bad product if you use it properly. I was just expecting more from a higher end cream shadow, I shouldn't have to do all those steps. The color isn't bad either. I will continue to use it. The color is perfect for an inner corner highlight, however I have very watery eyes and my inner corners are always the first to have the makeup removed because of that. This product did not last through that either. Not worth the full price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by valmont32677

Here's to hoping mine won't dry out! I kno this is meant as an eyeliner but I bought it also w the intent of wearing it as an eyeshadow. It's sort of difficult to work with. The effect when done properly is beautiful! And it's pretty budge proof, like sweat & tears proof. Maybelline has a Color Tattoo Creme eyeshadow called Barely Branded that is very similar for around US$6.99 so when this does dry up I will cry!! Coz I spent like $20something on this!! But then I will buck up & only use the real Kitten eyeshadow!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by halee2304

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised by how much I didn't like this considering how much I love the rest of the kitten line from stila. I love the colour but the consistency of this smudge pot it kind of chunky and crumbly, it didn't go on well and seemed a bit cakey. I will use it up, maybe just as a light base, but won't repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I'm not comfortable with spending masses of money on eyeshadows, so it has to be a pretty special one for me to splash out 13.00GBP (which is how much I paid for this). I bought this purely based on all the rave reviews it's received from what feels like the entire world, but let me say now - never again!

As cream eyeshadows go, this is truly awful and I fail to understand how it's obtained such a cult following. The consistency of the one I have is dry and crumbly, meaning it's an absolute nightmare to apply and the fallout from it is horrendous. I've tried applying this with brushes in various sizes and density, and also with my finger, but all have resulted in the same outcome - clumps of this stuck fast to my eyelids which refuse to blend in no matter how much I rub at it!

If you're looking for a good quality cream eyeshadow may I suggest checking out Maybelline's Colour Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in On and On Bronze (Bad To The Bronze in the US) which is everything this Stilla Smudge Pot wishes it could be and at 6.00GBP is a darned sight cheaper too!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Vikiki

I love this! I wear it almost everyday as an all over the lid color! It's not the easiest to blend if you don't know what you're doing but it's quite easy to use after a little bit of practice. I usually apply it with my fingers all over my eye shadow and apply a darker brown on the crease and the outer corners if i want a little bit more of intensity. I'm not sure if this is meant to be used as a base but it lasts pretty well on its own. I sometimes use a bit of UD potion primer if I'm going for a night out and am going to use more colors. The color itself it absolutely gorgeous such a pretty shimmery champagne. Flattering on every skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by AmandaMARi

I bought this because I love the kitten color, but I don't like using the shadow all the time due to the fall out. I thought I would love this like my MAC Paintpots, but the consistency is a lot dryer and does not blend easily. It goes on a little patchy and once it dries, which is quickly, you are done trying to blend. Also, the product itself dries out in the pot faster than paint pots. I was incredibly disappointed in this product and I wanted to make it work, because I love the color. Maybe if they reformulated the product, I would check it out again, but until then I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I like using this as an eye shadow primer and brow highlighter. The formula is drier, thus harder to blend, than my favorite formula, Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadows. Hence the additional lippies off.
EDIT: after 1 year, this dried up : (

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by tineexclara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UGHHH!! This is a nightmare to blend on my eyelids! I tried it with an eyeshadow brush and my ring finger and NOTHING would blend it out. The consistency is awful as well, a lot more drying than I expected. The problem I have is that every time I apply it to my eyelids, the glitter tends to cake up on one particular area on my eyelid and it just doesn't look even :(. I really wanted to like this product but it's really bad...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my all time favorite all around products. It can be used as a face highlighter, (cheekbones, cupid's bow, nose) an inner corner or browbone highlight, an all over lid color or to line the bottom waterline. It's a beautiful pinky shimmery champagne colour that's flattering on a wide range of skin tones. Kitten is longwearing, buttery, and it applies smoothly. It lasts on my very oily lids for about 6 hours without creasing. I think that buying the kitten smudge pot would be a better value than the eye shadow. I'll continue to buy it forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this smudgepot before the shadow, with the intention of using it as a cream eyeshadow.

If you are going to do this, take my advice and just get the regular Kitten shadow!

The formulation is too thick and chunky and frosty, and does not apply or blend well to the eyelids. It works okay as an eyeliner but I don't really use it for this purpose much. I might try and use it more on my lower lashline just to use it up but I would not purchase again. Get the Kitten eyeshadow instead, it's incredible.