April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Eyeliner - Geisha Ink - Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Iez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Easy to apply with the microfibre tip.
Very black.
Very precise and can be used for very fine or thicker lines depending on how you angle the tip.
Waterproof.
Great wear and comfort. No smudging or flaking.
Tip keeps its shape well.
Long lasting both on the eye and in the pen.

No cons

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by 77pink

By far the best liquid liner I've ever used. Luckily my local lash bar carries the entire geisha line. After reading the stellar reviews from mikmik90, I decided to invest in the brand. I've tried every liner from stila to kat Von d. This ones the best! Goes on easy, smooth and opaque and lasts all day. Love the brush tip (personally hate felt tips...yucks)! I can create the most beautiful cat eye, or tight line my lashes for a more natural look. Lasts all day, washes off with soap and water! Been using it everyday for over 2 months and its still going strong! Only downside is the tip sometimes needs cleaning because eyeshadow builds up. I just wipe it with some remover and its good as new. HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by nono1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my most expensive eyeliners, brush doesn't dispense the eyeliner as well as I thought it would, but it really is smudge proof! But I don't think I can afford to keep buying it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by meloli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATED: After wearing a primer underneath (UDPP), this product has now gone from a one lippie to 4 lippies rating. It applies easily and doesn't smudge. Stays all day until I want to take it off.

I'm uncertain of whether to buy again as the price tag is still pretty high and I'd love to find a cheaper alternative.
=-=-=
I really wanted to like this (especially after paying the $30CDN for it) but unfortunately it just didn't work for me at all.

I have hooded Asian eyes with a medium crease... Which shouldn't be a problem as this is a japanese product.
Eyelids are normal - perhaps slightly on the oily side, but only slightly.

I applied as suggested, with a light layer of eyeshadow underneath. After one disasterous raccoon eyed evening, I even tried patting powder on top the second time, but it still smudged like crazy with a line of transfered eyeliner sitting at and above my crease. And both times I was just cooking a bit for friends, not doing some strenuous workout or sweating up a storm or rubbing my eyes.

The pros
-when initially applying, it did line very well
-it does seem to dry quickly
-it is a gorgeous black
-the pen tip was easy to use

The cons
-the most it lasted before leaving me with a dreadful case of raccoon eyes was about 4 hours, and even leading up to that point I had to touch up with a cotton swab and makeup remover for the outer bottom corners of my eyes.
-When initially applying, the formula was a bit tingly and I was worried it would irritate my eyes - thankfully my eyes soldiered through but I could see it skin irritations occurring from everyday use

I'll stick with my Bobbi brown gel eyeliner for long lasting results

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG eyeliner, replaced my Stila All-Day Liquid Liner. This liner knocks brands like the aforementioned and Lancome out of the park. When you take it out of the box and use it for the first time it takes a few strokes before the pigment is opaque, but quickly becomes a dense coal black. The big plus for me is the brush; it's nothing like I've used before. It's made of flexible, synthetic hairs that each extend from brush base to tip, so there's no "pilling up" at the point like felt tips that I've used (Stila, I'm looking at you). It's like a spotter paintbrush. This allows you to draw a smooth, elegant line by applying more or less pressure. If you use over eyeshadow, you may need to wipe off the brush with a damp tissue every so often to prevent the shadow from clogging it.
The packaging could be a little better. The cap has a spring in it, so be sure to press down firmly when replacing it. The label is a sticker wrapped around the barrel. However, I don't care about the packaging too much since it does its job and I'm buying this for the formula. It's expensive at $30 USD but it's definitely worth it-- I feel it will last me for a long time (probably 6+ months because I don't wear it every day, although often). I recommend this to everyone and will repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product - this brand makes wonderful stuff and their customer service and packaging are fantastic as well. This eyeliner goes on easily and smoothly and has exellent staying power. Compared to Stila Stay All Day (my other HG), this one flows more easily - almost feels like a gel - whereas the Stila can feel a bit dry. I think this one actually has better staying power than the Stila, which can fade by late afternoon. The two tiny cons: it's difficult to get a superfine line with this tip, and the packaging feels a little low-end - the liner/pen plastic casing is not printed with the branding, it's just covered with a sticker that's wrapped around the pen. My pen's sticker keeps peeling off and getting all bubbly where I have to keep re-wrapping it around. I plan to use clear packing tape to stick it down permanently. Hopefully they will either use a stronger adhesive in the future or maybe they will print on the plastic directly as other major brands do. Other than that, this product is really great. Would def. repurchase and will be getting the brown shade as soon as my Stila runs out. Wish it were easier to find - Sephora should carry it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by OCdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say, I have never in my life used a liner so amazing! I can't believe it took me so long to find this product. I have been so extremely happy with every product I have tried by Geisha Ink.
Incredibly easy to create a thin natural line or overlap in order to make a thicker liquid liner line. This liner stays true the entire day, and never budges. Like the mascara, it washes off easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by princess_crayola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i bought this after reading all the rave reviews. got it in the mail on friday. took it out of the packaging, looked at the tube excitedly (couldn't wait to try it!), then put it into my makeup bag for use on monday (i stayed home all weekend). when i went to put my makeup on this morning, i discovered that the spring-loaded cap had somehow popped off (despite the fact that the makeup bag had not moved since i placed the eyeliner in it) and--you guessed it--the entire tube had dried up. my whole tube of $32 eyeliner was wasted. i attempted to replace the cap--it popped right off again in my hand. all i can say is be extremely careful of the packaging. if you don't tape the freaking cap on the tube, it will escape and there goes your investment. i'm sure this is a fantastic eyeliner once you get it on your eyelids, but i'm not willing to shell out another $32 at this point to find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahewalsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The only eyeliner I use. It is amaaaaaazing!!! I have been using it daily for a title less than 3 yearsnow and I am only on my 3rd one. Very easy to use and very easy to draw a very fine line or thick, on the top or bottom lash lines. It is pricey but definitely worth it. My only complaint is that if I don't wear eyeshadow or just translucent powder on my eyelids, I sometimes get a little black smudge on my crease. Other than that, I swear by it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by RinoaHeartilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my fourth Geisha Ink after 4 years, so with daily use it takes exactly one year to finish one. This is also sold under the brand name K-Palette, however, I found the K-Palette ones dry out within months, where Gesiha Ink which takes years. HG eyeliner and it's the only makeup I use daily, it lasts even after going to the gym, swimming and boxing.