Geisha Ink Liquid Eyeliner

4.5

Aqua, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Ethanol Alcohol, Beheneth-30, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Pentylene Gylcol, 1,2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, [May contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (Cl 77499), Silica]. PARABEN-FREE

on 12/21/2014 8:27:00 PM

So I ran out of this eyeliner and tried to get one. They were on backorder everywhere end of Nov. I started to freak out as I needed it for the holiday. Finally, the boutique that stocks this brand called me on Dec 4th and Hallelujah! I rushed in and wow, they changed their packaging. It looks so pretty. The girls at the boutique told me they have revamped the tip as well. I was beyond excited. I bought one and rushed home to try it.

It is blacker (is there such word)? and the tips is even better than before. Possible? Heck ya. They did again. Holy. I don't think any liquid liner out there can beat how smooth their ink goes on. Thank you Geisha Ink. Keep doing what you are doing. Love your products!!!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

The best liquid liner I've ever used has gotten even better (if thats even possible). After a couple weeks of trying the new liner, Im SOOOO impressed. Goes on even blacker than before...I mean BLACK! The brush tip is a tad shorter then it used to be, which gives it a much easier control. Still stays all day, doesnt smear or smudge on my super oily skin, and washes off with warm water at the end of the day. LOVE that this liner is paraben free, as it is hard to find in today's market. This is the perfect liner to eaisly create that gorgeous cat eye. I've probably tried every liquid liner out there and this is still my go-to.

on 12/4/2014 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This has been my HG eyeliner for years now. Recently, my local makeup boutique has been back ordered on the liner because it was relaunching a new formula. After being on a wait list for what felt like forever, they finally got their shipment in yesterday! I rushed in to buy it yesterday and noticed the packaging is nicer:). Today is my first day using the new formula. Firstly, the brush has been improved to be slightly shorter, and seems of a higher quality (softer bristles on the brush) which I personally find gives better control, and glides with the greatest of ease. The Ink now is even blacker, which I was surprised by, since it was already black to begin with!! This is one of the only liquid liners I have currently found that is paraben free, and preforms so beautifully. I am super impressed by this improved eyeliner!

After a day of wear, I found it wore just as long with no smudging, and I was able to remove just as easily, with warm water. Hurrah!

on 7/21/2014 12:58:00 PM

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I feel like this is the Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner repackaged in a black pen and renamed Geisha Ink Liquid Eyeliner. Other than the packaging, name, and price, they are identical. Even the ball agitator inside the pen sounds the same.

This is another pen liner with a fine felt tip, allowing you to draw extremely thin lines. The tip could be a little stiffer (which is how I feel about the Kiss Me Heroine eyeliner, too). But nevertheless, it's very easy to apply. The color is intense and opaque. With the NARS eye primer, this eyeliner lasts me about 12 hours before I see any kind of smudging. This one and the Kiss Me Heroine eyeliner are the only liquid eyeliners I've tried that perform this well. I have oily lids plus one eye tends to water throughout the day, so any eyeliner that can survive that is elevated to HG status in my book. It comes off easily with a biphasic eye makeup remover. It does not irritate my sensitive eyes.

Both eyeliners are not available to me locally, which is a bummer. Kiss Me Heroine needs to be ordered from Asia and it takes a while (10+ days) to get to me via Sasa.com. I paid ~$12 for it, more if you factor in shipping. Geisha Ink, on the other hand, charges $30 with free shipping from Canada (takes about a week to get to me). I took off one lippie for Geisha Ink due to the price. But it's a wonderful product and I would not hesitate to buy again.

on 1/29/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
Easy to apply with the microfibre tip.
Very black.
Very precise and can be used for very fine or thicker lines depending on how you angle the tip.
Waterproof.
Great wear and comfort. No smudging or flaking.
Tip keeps its shape well.
Long lasting both on the eye and in the pen.

No cons

on 9/26/2013 2:32:00 PM

By far the best liquid liner I've ever used. Luckily my local lash bar carries the entire geisha line. After reading the stellar reviews from mikmik90, I decided to invest in the brand. I've tried every liner from stila to kat Von d. This ones the best! Goes on easy, smooth and opaque and lasts all day. Love the brush tip (personally hate felt tips...yucks)! I can create the most beautiful cat eye, or tight line my lashes for a more natural look. Lasts all day, washes off with soap and water! Been using it everyday for over 2 months and its still going strong! Only downside is the tip sometimes needs cleaning because eyeshadow builds up. I just wipe it with some remover and its good as new. HG!

on 4/10/2013 2:37:00 AM

One of my most expensive eyeliners, brush doesn't dispense the eyeliner as well as I thought it would, but it really is smudge proof! But I don't think I can afford to keep buying it

on 1/6/2013 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATED: After wearing a primer underneath (UDPP), this product has now gone from a one lippie to 4 lippies rating. It applies easily and doesn't smudge. Stays all day until I want to take it off.

I'm uncertain of whether to buy again as the price tag is still pretty high and I'd love to find a cheaper alternative.
=-=-=
I really wanted to like this (especially after paying the $30CDN for it) but unfortunately it just didn't work for me at all.

I have hooded Asian eyes with a medium crease... Which shouldn't be a problem as this is a japanese product.
Eyelids are normal - perhaps slightly on the oily side, but only slightly.

I applied as suggested, with a light layer of eyeshadow underneath. After one disasterous raccoon eyed evening, I even tried patting powder on top the second time, but it still smudged like crazy with a line of transfered eyeliner sitting at and above my crease. And both times I was just cooking a bit for friends, not doing some strenuous workout or sweating up a storm or rubbing my eyes.

The pros
-when initially applying, it did line very well
-it does seem to dry quickly
-it is a gorgeous black
-the pen tip was easy to use

The cons
-the most it lasted before leaving me with a dreadful case of raccoon eyes was about 4 hours, and even leading up to that point I had to touch up with a cotton swab and makeup remover for the outer bottom corners of my eyes.
-When initially applying, the formula was a bit tingly and I was worried it would irritate my eyes - thankfully my eyes soldiered through but I could see it skin irritations occurring from everyday use

I'll stick with my Bobbi brown gel eyeliner for long lasting results

on 12/13/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

HG eyeliner, replaced my Stila All-Day Liquid Liner. This liner knocks brands like the aforementioned and Lancome out of the park. When you take it out of the box and use it for the first time it takes a few strokes before the pigment is opaque, but quickly becomes a dense coal black. The big plus for me is the brush; it's nothing like I've used before. It's made of flexible, synthetic hairs that each extend from brush base to tip, so there's no "pilling up" at the point like felt tips that I've used (Stila, I'm looking at you). It's like a spotter paintbrush. This allows you to draw a smooth, elegant line by applying more or less pressure. If you use over eyeshadow, you may need to wipe off the brush with a damp tissue every so often to prevent the shadow from clogging it.
The packaging could be a little better. The cap has a spring in it, so be sure to press down firmly when replacing it. The label is a sticker wrapped around the barrel. However, I don't care about the packaging too much since it does its job and I'm buying this for the formula. It's expensive at $30 USD but it's definitely worth it-- I feel it will last me for a long time (probably 6+ months because I don't wear it every day, although often). I recommend this to everyone and will repurchase!

on 7/12/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great product - this brand makes wonderful stuff and their customer service and packaging are fantastic as well. This eyeliner goes on easily and smoothly and has exellent staying power. Compared to Stila Stay All Day (my other HG), this one flows more easily - almost feels like a gel - whereas the Stila can feel a bit dry. I think this one actually has better staying power than the Stila, which can fade by late afternoon. The two tiny cons: it's difficult to get a superfine line with this tip, and the packaging feels a little low-end - the liner/pen plastic casing is not printed with the branding, it's just covered with a sticker that's wrapped around the pen. My pen's sticker keeps peeling off and getting all bubbly where I have to keep re-wrapping it around. I plan to use clear packing tape to stick it down permanently. Hopefully they will either use a stronger adhesive in the future or maybe they will print on the plastic directly as other major brands do. Other than that, this product is really great. Would def. repurchase and will be getting the brown shade as soon as my Stila runs out. Wish it were easier to find - Sephora should carry it!