December 22, 2014 | 1612 users online

Shampoo - Kiehl's - Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Sharminii

The shampoo is Amazing!!! Love it so so much.
Bring back my dry hair damaged hair to life
I use both shampoo and conditioner plus I purchase the hair mask too which I do use weekly.
Hopefully they don't change the formula and this remains unchange.

Pricy but real worth the money
The smell is divine

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by zabiba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really nice one! It leaves my very dry hair moisturised, wavy and shiny. Very soft shampoo that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Unfortunately It is pricy but for sure I will buy it again. I was looking for a bad-INCI-free shampoo which prevents my natural haircolor from fading, treats my hair well and smells like peaches. I finally found it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by skyehannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A lot of bad reviews for a great product. I have been using this for over a week now and can actually see and feel the difference it has made to my fine, flat, lifeless blonde hair! I love it! I have some volume, my hair is super shiny and looks very healthy, feels fantastic and smells great! Look, it doesn't lather like a cheap shampoo, but better products arent supposed to lather into a suddy mess.. Just ask your hairdresser. I definitely rate this shampoo to be one of the best I've used to date. If it feels gross after washing, maybe you arent washing it out properly?? Please reconsider trying it! If it leaves you with dry ends, maybe try a split end treatment OR get your hair trimmed every 6 weeks :) Goodluck!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo/conditioner combo smells fantastic. I love smelling my hair the next day after using it. It leaves my hair glossy and protects the color well. I switched products when I quit coloring my hair, but honestly I think this is a great combo even if you don't have color treated hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This product is pricey but it really does make your hair shine.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by sinequanone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this shampoo for two weeks straight and liked it at first, but it got drying towards the end. I've got medium-long, fine, chemically straightened hair (not coloured though), combo with oily roots and dry ends. While it cleansed my scalp and left hair shiny, it was hard to lather - which meant lathering twice in small amounts which made my hair drier. I love the scent, and that it's paraben-and-sulfate free, but it's a bit too drying for me at the ends. It would probably work for more normal hair, and I'd recommend a really emollient conditioner on the ends afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by hollowsea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews for this shampoo. I've been dyeing my long, fine, curly-wavy hair for years, so I decided to try this shampoo since I've yet to find one that seems to really work with my hair. A lot of people say not to use any shampoo to begin with on my curly hair type, but I'm prone to oiliness so I need it. But my hair also gets dried out really easily too if I use a harsh shampoo.

When I saw that this is a sulfate-free shampoo, it seemed worth a try. I've been using it daily for over a week now, and I'm really happy with it. I use only about a quarter-sized amount for my hair that is several inches below shoulder-length, and I briefly work it through my hair and wash it out immediately. It cleans and rinses quickly. I follow with my favorite conditioner (Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose) and a curl-friendly leave-in product (usually scrunching in the DevaCurl AnGel), let it air dry, and my hair looks great. Very soft, smooth, shiny, and the curls look healthy.

This shampoo really doesn't lather at all. If you're using so much that you're working it up into a lather, you're probably using too much of it, and that may be why it feels like it's stripping your hair. Lather does not equal clean, so try not to let that guide you in how much of this shampoo you use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

As with all sulfate-free shampoos, don't expect this to produce a mountain of suds. I love the peachy tea scent, but that's about it. I found this shampoo to be strangely stripping. My normally straight but thick hair felt straw thin and staticky, especially after I air dried it. Don't even try blow drying your hair after using this without putting some kind of leave in conditioner or heat styling primer on first. I suppose this could work for those with oilier hair/scalp, but I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The best color protect shampoo I've tried so far is by Redken, and I'll stick with that brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Guava_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a TERRIBLE shampoo. I was excited to purchase it because it's SLS-free and paraben-free however after the first wash, my hair felt dry, and had flyaways and static. On top of that, my face had a bad reaction to the shampoo.

The only positive thing about this shampoo is the smell. It's like an apricot-mango scent that is nice and lingers.

The conditioner is "okay", better than the shampoo but nothing exceptional that would explain it's high price.

I have other Kiehl products like the leave-in conditioner, facial toner and lip balm and have no problem with them.

I usually like to post positive reviews but people need to be informed and hopefully Kiehl's will make adjustments.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this shampoo, but I really didn't like it. I have fine hair, but lots of it, with a slight wave. I exclusively use natural shampoos, so I'm pretty used to the way they feel. This one lathers up pretty well, it's quite a think creamy product, but despite this, doesn't seem to be particularly moisturising. It cleanses just fine, and smells great, (as other reviewers mention, the scent is quite strong, and of apricots), but my major issue with this shamoo, is that it left my hair a total static mess. My hair is prone to frizziness, but wow this shampoo took that to the next level. I had to stop using it. So this is now up for a swap.