Kiehl's Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo

3.3

Aqua, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Glycol Distearate, PPG-5-ceteth-20, Sodium Benzoate, Panthenol, Parfum, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Salicylic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Niacinamide, Sunflower Seed Oil, Pyroxine HCI, Abricot Kernel Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

on 7/18/2015 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I recently started going through my shampoo and conditioner products and really started to question why my hair was constantly soo dry. Then I researched on some of the drying products, and some on them were sulfates, which I already knew and another was silicones, now silicones are tricky because at first they makes your hair feel amazing but what they are actually doing is giving you that "slip" feeling at the expense of covering your hair shaft with an artificial chemical shutting out actual moisturizers that improve your hair and heal it over time. This shampoo and conditioner and phenomenal at improving it over time, totally recommend!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have natural and soft hair. The ends are a bit dry and roots were oily. I was using argan oil for the ends and they were fine. I started using this shampoo. Even after the first washing, the roots were not as oily as before. In the first week I started having dandruff! After the second week I had to stop using it because of dandruff and extreme dryness. I haven't been using it for the last month and will never use again. It made all my hair very dry even my usual argan oil cannot make it soft and I am now looking for solutions to make it back to how it was before. I am very unhappy about this choice and would not recommend anybody.

on 1/25/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The shampoo is Amazing!!! Love it so so much.
Bring back my dry hair damaged hair to life
I use both shampoo and conditioner plus I purchase the hair mask too which I do use weekly.
Hopefully they don't change the formula and this remains unchange.

Pricy but real worth the money
The smell is divine

on 6/7/2013 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice one! It leaves my very dry hair moisturised, wavy and shiny. Very soft shampoo that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Unfortunately It is pricy but for sure I will buy it again. I was looking for a bad-INCI-free shampoo which prevents my natural haircolor from fading, treats my hair well and smells like peaches. I finally found it.

on 4/4/2013 5:42:00 PM

A lot of bad reviews for a great product. I have been using this for over a week now and can actually see and feel the difference it has made to my fine, flat, lifeless blonde hair! I love it! I have some volume, my hair is super shiny and looks very healthy, feels fantastic and smells great! Look, it doesn't lather like a cheap shampoo, but better products arent supposed to lather into a suddy mess.. Just ask your hairdresser. I definitely rate this shampoo to be one of the best I've used to date. If it feels gross after washing, maybe you arent washing it out properly?? Please reconsider trying it! If it leaves you with dry ends, maybe try a split end treatment OR get your hair trimmed every 6 weeks :) Goodluck!

on 11/8/2012 4:59:00 PM

This shampoo/conditioner combo smells fantastic. I love smelling my hair the next day after using it. It leaves my hair glossy and protects the color well. I switched products when I quit coloring my hair, but honestly I think this is a great combo even if you don't have color treated hair.

on 4/7/2012 10:20:00 AM

This product is pricey but it really does make your hair shine.

on 4/10/2011 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've used this shampoo for two weeks straight and liked it at first, but it got drying towards the end. I've got medium-long, fine, chemically straightened hair (not coloured though), combo with oily roots and dry ends. While it cleansed my scalp and left hair shiny, it was hard to lather - which meant lathering twice in small amounts which made my hair drier. I love the scent, and that it's paraben-and-sulfate free, but it's a bit too drying for me at the ends. It would probably work for more normal hair, and I'd recommend a really emollient conditioner on the ends afterwards.

on 4/9/2011 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews for this shampoo. I've been dyeing my long, fine, curly-wavy hair for years, so I decided to try this shampoo since I've yet to find one that seems to really work with my hair. A lot of people say not to use any shampoo to begin with on my curly hair type, but I'm prone to oiliness so I need it. But my hair also gets dried out really easily too if I use a harsh shampoo.

When I saw that this is a sulfate-free shampoo, it seemed worth a try. I've been using it daily for over a week now, and I'm really happy with it. I use only about a quarter-sized amount for my hair that is several inches below shoulder-length, and I briefly work it through my hair and wash it out immediately. It cleans and rinses quickly. I follow with my favorite conditioner (Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose) and a curl-friendly leave-in product (usually scrunching in the DevaCurl AnGel), let it air dry, and my hair looks great. Very soft, smooth, shiny, and the curls look healthy.

This shampoo really doesn't lather at all. If you're using so much that you're working it up into a lather, you're probably using too much of it, and that may be why it feels like it's stripping your hair. Lather does not equal clean, so try not to let that guide you in how much of this shampoo you use.

on 7/12/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

As with all sulfate-free shampoos, don't expect this to produce a mountain of suds. I love the peachy tea scent, but that's about it. I found this shampoo to be strangely stripping. My normally straight but thick hair felt straw thin and staticky, especially after I air dried it. Don't even try blow drying your hair after using this without putting some kind of leave in conditioner or heat styling primer on first. I suppose this could work for those with oilier hair/scalp, but I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The best color protect shampoo I've tried so far is by Redken, and I'll stick with that brand.